Todd Black submitted a new blog post

Rogue One's Beginning Changed More Than End

Jyn.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

A lot of films seem to evolve during production, but this is one of the few times I've heard of them adding more setup and character moments rather than just more explosions. It worked though. It is an extremely good film, and probably one of the few I will see more than once.

(And to any sci fi fans who haven't seen it yet, do! It's very good)

I am with you, all the Star Wars movies I've seen them well more than one time. Re-shooting is actually a good thing from my perspective, as the movie can only benefit from having more options when editing time comes.

There are a lot of trailer shots that didn't make it into the film. Also in (I believe) the second trailer, there's a clip of Krennic speaking to Vader that, from the background, seems to be onboard the Death Star, indicating a third deleted Vader scene.

The end result of the movie is what really counts, after all. When it comes down to it, I enjoyed the movie. The ending was sad, but still good.

There are a lot of trailer shots that didn't make it into the film. Also in (I believe) the second trailer, there's a clip of Krennic speaking to Vader that, from the background, seems to be onboard the Death Star, indicating a third deleted Vader scene.

Yeah, I don't even imagine the shots they make that don't appear in the movie, sometimes it could even make an entirely new movie. That's why movies are usually so good, there's a lot of work around them, and editing is demanding too.