Rising Sun Chit-Chat part V - Lounge Air. Look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over 8,000!
Jackie Chan has movies that do not focus on fights so much, but it's true that most of his movies are action movies with stunts and fights. Considering the tone of the movie, his circumstances, and who he was in general gave the audience an idea of what kind of movie it was. The thing was that it became more shocking as it progressed, but we all knew it wasn't the type of movie in which the hero fights and he prevails.

Raxbait: Hip
Well, I just got back from the GANTZ movie. And sadly, I have mixed feelings about it. I won't divulge into too much detail as I am very tired and have to wake up in 6 hours.
But I will say this, the Q&A afterwards (there was a livebroadcast in Hollywood that every theatre got to see), was Hilarious.
Kenichi could NOT stop talking :rofl:
I felt soooo bad for the interpretor, you can tell he was like "Stop talking!" XD

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Unfortunately, Something came up so I couldnt go, but I was gonna see the premiere last night. A friend of mine went and he said the movie was pretty awesome and that he cant wait for the sequel after seeing the promo for it. He did say that the Q&A after was a bit awkward. And that he was sad that the chick wasnt there. But, damnit, I wanted to see the Nino haha. I think Angie got tickets to the actual event. Havent heard from her but I'm pretty sure she saw Nino in person. lol

Yeah I think the fight scenes were pretty awesome at some points (there was a Robot Alien they had to kill, and Imma tell you, the Robot was awesome XD).
But my complaints about the film are as follows:
-The dubbing. Now I honestly didn't mind it when I first heard about it....but they chose really weird VA's for Nino and Kenichi (heck even at the Q&A's Nino hoped next time that they use his real voice instead lol). And part of the dubbing lines that they said....were like literal translations. And that sounded reallly awkward at a lot of points in the film.
"I...care about you!" "I think.....I think I'm in love with you!" Now in japanese that may not sound so bad, but in english....yeah.
-Took a lot of scenes out from the manga. Yeah I figured they would do this anyway....but not that much. A big chunk of the fight scenes should've been a lot longer. A lot of characters never appeared.
-The characters.....now the useless ones were.......useless. And my main problem with the characters is that they never shoot the damn aliens! They just stand there and stare. Hell, one guy didnt even have a suit, shot one of the aliens and for some particular reason, couldnt shoot the exact same other one....right. Oh and then there was Nino doing his own self-monologue in front of the mirror.......which he did like 3 times and was pretty weird to watch actually.
-The Night scenes. Now of course it's suppose to be dark when they film at night, and big chunk of the battles are at night. Now when it was dark.....it was dark. I could BARELY see anything -_-. Guy I sat next to complained the same thing.

Now I heard the 2nd film will have a lot more fighting scenes, and even though they changed a lot from what I saw in the 2nd trailer in the theatre, I hoping it will be better than the first film.

I don't think I liked this film after all sadly :/

I...thought the Q/A was hilarious, didnt see any awkwardness there. I'm hoping the video pops up on youtube.

Last edited:
The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I havent read the manga or seen the anime, so I was gonna go into this pretty cold. But the trailers look awesome and from what my friend says, its pretty good. So I have high hopes for it when it gets released on dvd or subbed. Though im disappointed that it was dubbed in english instead of just subbed for the US premiere. I've seen plenty of HK movies that premiered here with subs and people were fine with it. That actually makes me a tiny bit glad i didnt see it. Cuz I really want to see it in japanese.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Well, I just got back from the GANTZ movie. And sadly, I have mixed feelings about it. I won't divulge into too much detail as I am very tired and have to wake up in 6 hours.
But I will say this, the Q&A afterwards (there was a livebroadcast in Hollywood that every theatre got to see), was Hilarious.
Kenichi could NOT stop talking :rofl:
I felt soooo bad for the interpretor, you can tell he was like "Stop talking!" XD

Wait, they broadcast the Q&A to other theaters?? Darnit, I totally would have gone to a midnight showing of it if I'd known that! :shakefist

But yeah, Angie got to go to the premiere in Hollywood. Saw Nino on the red carpet, whole deal.

Manager at Carl's Junior called me back today, so I have another interview tommorow at 9am. *Crosses Fingers*

私の占いは当たる
Good luck! Though I wouldn't want to work at a burger joint. :laugh:

LOL. Well I barely eat at CJ's so if I get sick of it, then I will be okay with not eating there anymore :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.