JDF died apparently by suicide today. First Kevin Conroy, now him. WHAT THE ****????

R

raden238

Hey Dr Kain, do you have a source that he committed suicide? This is f**king devastating to wake up to news like this!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Everyone's been saying he committed suicide, albeit we haven't yet been given a cause of death, to my knowledge. It might have some merit, though. Apparently, him & his wife divorced over the past couple of months.

Last edited:
He is my favorite OG Power rangers and made my childhood easier. I also admire him as an MMA fighter, He is a great martial artist. Losing him and Kevin Conroy who is the best Batman both animated and live action puts a hole in my soul.

What didn't you like about JDF?
I didn't like his attitude in recent years and fans has been divisive regards to him as actor and Tommy for being overrated.
Despite my apathy towards him, it still doesn't change the fact his character was important for franchise, and this news hit me hard.
"Dimensions in Danger" (Ninja Steel) was nice sendoff to his character, even though it was too Tommy centric episode.

R

raden238

I didn't like his attitude in recent years and fans has been divisive regards to him as actor and Tommy for being overrated.
Despite my apathy towards him, it still doesn't change the fact his character was important for franchise, and this news hit me hard.
"Dimensions in Danger" (Ninja Steel) was nice sendoff to his character, even though it was too Tommy centric episode.
Tommy is the face of the franchise. I don't know why anybody in the community would debate that. He is the best power ranger. It's so hard to have an actor be that devoted to a brand that isn't really popular. I don't think PR would be around today if JDF wasn't casted. He's the only actor that truly embraced the role and the brand throughout his life. PR is his career.

For fans to hate on him for developing an ego. If you were famous and you had fans come up to you countless times, telling how great you are and how you're the best. Wouldn't those words get to you and make you more egotistical and self-centered?

I feel that fans deserve some of the blame on this too. Those hateful/troll comments got to JDF for sure. He didn't show it but I'm sure he was hurt on the inside. It's one of the reasons why I'm not too fond of the PR community.

Tommy was never overrated. JDF reprised his role so many times and was willingly to do so because he enjoyed it. Dimensions in Danger was a one-off and for a crossover episode it was fine to be about Tommy. He deserved that.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I have mines. I never understood the heat that JDF had. Especially when Austin St. John quite possibly will go to prison for a federal crime. Nobody is perfect, we're all human and make mistakes.

I feel like people didn't like Tommy because they were jealous their favorite was not the face of the franchise. Like it or hate it, he was the go to ranger for the series as he constantly had the most involvement. Hell, he didn't abandon the series mid-season 2 because they wouldn't pay him more. He always talked about how he appreciated his fans and that if it wasn't for them, he would be nowhere. He interacted with the fandom as much as he could.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled