Lurker
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uCsZDace6o"]YouTube - Rift: Planes of Telara - Unveil Trailer[/ame]

Anyone thinking of checking this out? I've been playing the closed beta, and I think it's great. It plays much like World of Warcraft or Warhammer but it's super smooth and has really nice looking graphics. Plus the Rifts are awesome and unpredictable.

Banned
I quit WoW for a reason. This is just another MMO. There is nothing special about it.

Lurker
All MMO's are the same like all fighting/racing/sports games are the same. They have similar play mechanics certainly, but each one brings something a little different to the table. What IS special about this game it that is takes great things from many of the existing MMO's and streamlines them, making for an overall more fun experience.

If you personally don't like MMO's, then sure this game is clearly not for you, but being that you never actually played it, you can't really say whether it's "special" or not.

Last edited:
Banned
All MMO's are the same like all fighting/racing/sports games are the same. They have similar play mechanics certainly, but each one brings something a little different to the table. What IS special about this game it that is takes great things from many of the existing MMO's and streamlines them, making for an overall more fun experience.

If you personally don't like MMO's, then sure this game is clearly not for you, but being that you never actually played it, you can't really say whether it's "special" or not.

In your first paragraph you described WoW. I loved WoW for a long time. But MMO's are all the same. You do a quest to level up. You do a dungeon to get gear. Repeat repeat. Hit max level. raid to get gear. Raid to get better gear. Raid to get more gear. Roll an alt and repeat. I can say that it's nothing special with out playing it. MMO's are one of the rare things you can judge simply from videos and such. Hell the only MMO to bring anything NEW to the table since Wow is DCUO. AT least that is not a hot key MMO. You really do the moves.