Supaidaman!
Get someone not named Tokishi Inoue to do the writing.

Honestly, is Inoue the guy they pull in when they blow the budget on the other parts of the show?

I liked him when he wasn't a god

Honestly, is Inoue the guy they pull in when they blow the budget on the other parts of the show?

I have nightmares about Inoue coming back to Sentai. Especially since the Jetman tribute was one of the best-rated episodes of Gokaiger :sweat:

eh, I actually liked everything about Kiva. my thoughts towards the show are the same as my thoughts towards Goseiger: it wasn't constant in terms of the writing, both had potential themes/motives that were poorly executed and inconsistent characters etc etc., but I wouldn't call them the worst series of recent years. I actually found them quite decent.

regarding Inoue... sure, people has been complaining about his crappy writing blahblahblah. after watching the Jetman tribute ep, I actually hoped he would become the head writer for Gobusters rather than that Kobayashi woman. besides, he hasn't written any Sentai since Jetman, so I'd love to see him come back to write another series as the head writer again.

The final ten episodes of Kiva made me want to kill children and the rest of it was typically mediocre at best.

Keep Wataru's allergies around longer.

Boost up Shizuka's role. Make her more important to Wataru and the plot in general. And have her understand that this whole Fangire business is going on.

Have more actually horror stuff in it. :)

Emperor Form needs some weaknesses. Therefor, the other forms can shine more. Oh, and have Wataru become a dragon more often! :D

Have the people in 1986 actually kill some Fangires! :redface2:

Instead of both 1986 and 2008 repeating the same stories over, the 1986 portion should give some hints to what's coming in 2008.

If Nago and Megumi are meant to get married in the end, have some romance stuff actually going on with them earlier in the series.

Have Shima more involved in the story. Don't make him "important" just in the end.

Have Kengo be like a big brother type character to Wataru. And leave it as just that. Have Kengo help Wataru grow as a person.

Give the Three Arms Monsters more story. Not just Jiro. Oh, and get rid of Jiro's coffee obsession. :redface2:

Cut out the Maya romance. Just leave it as Otoya and Yuri.

Have Otoya be less of a jerk.

Cut out Rook.

Explain what the Fangires are, and explain what life is like to them.

Introduce Taiga earlier.

Don't kill Mio off.

I assume he has incriminating photographs of at least one high level exec at Toei.

sorry about that. I didn't know what to call this thread. It would've better to call it "rewrite Kiva".

why can't they make it devil may cry style? And some horror in it as people say?

Ore, Sanjou!
honestly, to follow in the style of another series seems more detrimental than helpful, and while Kiva wasn't perfect, I don't think as much would've needed to be changed to make it better

I think that one of the series' biggest flaws was how it used the riders and their gear. Kiva's form changes were not used very often, and I'll actually agree that once he got Emperor Form he used it too much. not to mention how things like the Bron Booster, Shoo Doran, and the Powerd IXER were almost never seen. IXA also got it bad, in that not only did that system have two totally unused Fuestles, but the IXARiser's other functions, namely the IXARiser Blast Commands, were never used! Saga is perhaps the worst case, in that not only did his introduction take focus away from Rising IXA who was still relatively new, but Saga was later removed entirely from the show by Dark Kiva, who IMO really should've been a past story-only rider, making one wonder what was the point of Saga, especially since Saga had only one Role-Play toy made and just about nothing else except a Soft Vinyl figure and a few candy toy style things

In Justice, We Trust!
Ditch the whole Time Travel concept all together. I say, take the Gundam Age approach and have two generations of Protagonists.

Otoya's generation would be the first half of the series, setting the stage for Wataru's half of the story later.

Also, actually find a better way to resolve the whole Maya/Yuri/Otoya love triangle...that's the one thing about Kiva that SERIOUSLY bugged the crap out of me.