they also removed blood, and many other violent scenes but yeah 4kids themselves werent in charge of the dubbing process. though 18 has her old voice that doesnt sound like a highschool play actor for the dvd/blu-ray release. and yes freiza's new voice is easily 100X better than that scratchy girly voice, i have heard frieza's voice (the old one) in some other show wear it fits in much better (Like Zatch bell and Yuyu Hakusho)

also i think the uncensored vesion is DVD only, they even swear in it (only minor profanity like Bastard and asshole)

If you think Ocean Dub is bad, check out the English Malay dub.
"Saiya-People" LOL!

The only problem I had with Ocean Dub, during its short run on American television, is that it seemed like it couldn't make up its mind. On the one hand, it felt like it wanted to be a Westernized, almost 4Kids-style version; on the other hand, it wanted to be uncut. Like it wanted to be both at the same time.

Still I grew up with the Ocean Dub, until Funimation took over with Goku landing on Planet Namek. The new voices were hard to get use to at first, but I quickly let it go and learned to love the new dub. And I love Funimation for giving us the definitive, uncut, redubbed, Dragon Box collection. And I love Kai too for what it is.

The reason why Dragon Ball Z's animation changes is because it's one of those cartoons that has been around long enough to reflect the change in times as far as what Animation can give us. The first saga was just coming off the animation style of the regular Dragon Ball anime, but as time carried on, the budget got bigger, and I'm guessing as animation became capable of doing more things, DBZ's animation style began to improve as well. What's great about this is that the animation improves gradually. You might not notice at first, but when you compare a later saga to the first, the difference in animation is clear as day.

DBZ Kai, I appreciate for being closer to the manga. It's amazing to know that we live in an era now where an anime can get a reboot if it didn't follow the manga as close as it should have. They tried to use the refurbished animation to fix the animation flaws in DBZ as well as make the animation style a little more matching for each season, but the differences are still there.

the animation change is best noticed between the cell saga and the Buu Saga, Buu saga looks like it was made 10 years later with how good it looks

Just to organize the dubs for you.

Harmony Gold
Dragon Ball: Ep. 1-5, M. 1-3

FUNimation (w/ Ocean Part 1)
Dragon Ball: Ep. 1-13, M. 1
Dragon Ball Z: Ep. 1-53 (1-67 in JPN), M. 3

FUNimation (w/ Ocean Part 2)
Dragon Ball Z: M. 1-3

FUNimation (w/ inhouse voices)
Dragon Ball: Ep. 1-153, M. 1-4
Dragon Ball Z: Ep. 1-291, Kai. 1-98, M. 1-13, S. 1-2
Dragon Ball GT: Ep. 1-64, S. 1

Westwood
Dragon Ball (w/ Blue Water): Ep. 1-153
Dragon Ball Z (w/ Ocean): Ep. 123-291,
Dragon Ball GT (w/ Blue Water): Ep. 1-64

Read my smart post
Do you plan on watching Dragoonball? I've never watched the entire show and thought it would be cool to hear someones opinion