1_12.jpg

Written by: Akatsuki Yamatoya​

You know, I came in expecting to hate this episode (and some parts did irritate me greatly), but the new running gag of ToQ #2 being constantly targeted by a T-Rex is now one of the greatest things this show has ever done. If this is not continued in ToQger VS Kyoryuger, I will be sorely disappointed.

1_12.jpg

Written by: Akatsuki Yamatoya​

You know, I came in expecting to hate this episode (and some parts did irritate me greatly), but the new running gag of ToQ #2 being constantly targeted by a T-Rex is now one of the greatest things this show has ever done. If this is not continued in ToQger VS Kyoryuger, I will be sorely disappointed.

Me too. lol :p

This is an episode I just hated to watch. KAgura as director I could see the humor they were going for but I just felt like I was dumber for watching those sequences! And the return of "Kendama Detective" just reminds me of the last time this sort of nonsense happened back when the, Police Ressha, was debute, the episode that made me stop watching ToQger for a while.

Anyone can tell ToQuger is meant to be a Comedy Sentai, similar to how ,Den-o was the comdey Kamen Rider. However it's these kinds of episodes that just drag it down! The epsiodes where they take one joke and stretch it for a whole episode without much thought.

Another Problem is the lack of a "Straight man" for this episode. Much of Toquger, as I said last paragraph, is comedy based around the wacky adventures they have. However if everyone just goes along with the joke of the episode with no thought, it isn't much of a joke anymore, it becomes a poor plot with poor pacing. We needed a "Straight man" to take a moment for not only the characters but the audience to stop and take a breath. You could say, Hikari, was the Straight man, but he was barely in this episode, his part was basically to do the actual work of the team and push the plot along.

In total this episode was just a train wreck (no pun intended). A plot based around an even worse concept. I just kept going with constant joke after joke trying to amuse the audience and failing; They could have gotten the same results by shaking keys in front of the audience for the same amount of time...

ToQ 38:

- Touto Film Studio? Is this a blatant advertisement?

- Are those WW2 bombers?

- I like the instant cutaway to the asking for signatures after introducing the movie's stars, despite the ominous music playing :laugh:

- The mustache is pushing it, Kagura.

- A yakuza family named 'Carbonara'? Sounds too Italian or Spanish.

Lasagna? Is this a comedy or parody movie? It almost makes Kagura's ridiculous ideas sensible.

- More cross-dressing? :shakefist

- Kagura's speech makes no sense. Lots of movies do the opposite of making people happy and laugh.

- Tokatchi and Kagura wrapped in film. They make it so cute :p And Akira remains covered.

- Don't be shocked, Mio. Plenty of professional critics will give positive reviews to bad movies.