I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think you're reading WAY too much into this! When was it ever stated that it's more than a crush?! Where was it stated he MUST have her?

I think the real joke with the guy was that he falls in love with whoever protects him, like all those tricked women in that previous terrible Mio episode now that I think about it...

And don't forget that part of the big reveal about them being kids was that they were maturing quickly and would not be able to return to being kids... falling in love might be a sign of that...

Anyway this was just filler so I don't think you should considering it too seriously.

Tokacchi isn't maturing, though. He threw a tantrum like the child he is. He's behaving exactly as if someone were not letting him play with a toy he wanted; except Mio isn't a toy, but a person with feelings that he doesn't seem to consider.

It's not Tokacchi stating he must have Mio, but the show: they're encouraging the viewer to want to see him get together with her. That may not happen, but the way it's being played so far suggests she is being treated as a reward for his awkwardness and insecurities, and I don't like that at all.

ToQ 34:

- Falling into a sewer must hurt...

- Wasn't this guy the Turtle Fangire in Kiva?

- Mio sticking her tongue out :laugh:

- I like how Kagura copies Mio's movements.

- Tokatchi's starting to remind me of Joey from Liv and Maddie.

And don't ask how I know about that show :redface2:

- ... What the hell was that kiss about?? Whose idea was it to put that in there??

I don't mind this episode. I see it more as the fact that because they are kids being forcing to grow up, they're still awkward and clueless about how things work, thus the shenanigans they get into this week. Not to mention Wagon doesn't exactly help with her inanity.

Nevertheless, I probably would've written it a bit differently. Replace tacky suit guy with some other thing that compels a fake date.

lolz, the stalker guy was in an episode of Boukenger, apparently, hes out having a different kind of "adventure" now.

What else was he in? I'm sure I've seen him in something else before, but can't place him. It's not Boukenger, because I haven't watched that. I wanna say he was in an episode of Garo or something like that.

Yes, that episode was really painful, and Akira's deadspan attitude was the only thing that was remotely funny there.
Mio really has crappy focus episodes, and frankly, that episode was a complete waste of time.
I still don't understand why Kobayashi was chosen as the head writer of that show, because it's obvious she's completely lacking in imagination, and that she obviously doesn't know what to do with her characters. Even by sentai standards, it was completely over the top and annoying.

Before you said that, you should look who wrote this episode, rather than blame to head writer who did not write this ep.

The writer of ep 34 is Yamatoya Akatsuki who is wrote ep 13, 14, 26, 29, 30 and next is 37, 38 of ToQGer.

His writing is terrible in my opinion due to the over-humor of character development in these ep.

In ep 13, Shasho-san (Conductor) looked like stupid, ep 26 event about bath-house also terrible, ep 29 annoyed about how Right trust someone easily look like Schwarz. So this is Akatsuki's fault and Kobayashi Yasuko cannot involve if you blame her for these episodes.

The reason why Kobayashi Yasuko was chosen for head writer because she know how to development good story with good characters, and I see her writing is better (or best) than Sanjo Riku who is head writer for Kyoryuger aka Daigo Sentai Kingranger: bad cast (focus anytime on King) and bad story (only King finish final boss with his barehand, this is Sentai, not Kamen Rider) without character developing unless King.

What else was he in? I'm sure I've seen him in something else before, but can't place him. It's not Boukenger, because I haven't watched that. I wanna say he was in an episode of Garo or something like that.

That man is hideously typecast as a either a loser otaku or stalker. It's only in Nodame Cantabile where I've seen him have a role that isn't either, and there he's a talented but arrogant side character.

The reason why Kobayashi Yasuko was chosen for head writer because she know how to development good story with good characters, and I see her writing is better (or best) than Sanjo Riku who is head writer for Kyoryuger aka Daigo Sentai Kingranger: bad cast (focus anytime on King) and bad story (only King finish final boss with his barehand, this is Sentai, not Kamen Rider) without character developing unless King.

Looks like Sanjo is in the "Gets dragged into conversations without any real reason" league now.

Sanjo isn't fit to write Sentai. Kyoryuger was too Rider-influenced IMO. I mean... majority of the focus was on Daigo, the annoying catch phrases like "Oh my!" and "Wow!" which (as far as I know) are only present in Rider series, the extra Kyoryugers who remind me of extra Riders and the list goes on... I wouldn't mind him writing a few episodes alongside another head writer, but I do not want him back to head write Sentai if he's not going to learn what the true meaning of "Sentai" is.

I wouldn't say Kobayashi is any better, but she has surprised me a lot with Tokkyuger and I'm happy with that. I thought I wouldn't enjoy the series due to my dislike for Shinkenger and Gobusters, even if I do love trains.

Sanjo isn't fit to write Sentai. Kyoryuger was too Rider-influenced IMO. I mean... majority of the focus was on Daigo, the annoying catch phrases like "Oh my!" and "Wow!" which (as far as I know) are only present in Rider series, the extra Kyoryugers who remind me of extra Riders and the list goes on... I wouldn't mind him writing a few episodes alongside another head writer, but I do not want him back to head write Sentai if he's not going to learn what the true meaning of "Sentai" is.

This.

You mean there were no Engrish catchphrases in Dekaranger, for example?

I really want him to write more Sentai as head writer just to see how far the non-Japanese fandom can go berserk :D. I really don't understand what the fuss with the portrayal of Sentai in the show was about. It's not like they didn't work as a team at all, and all of the main 6 rangers got decent focus episodes and got to shine in the finale.

Frankly I think the all members fighting the final villain trope is stupid and sends a bad message. Have an annoying person doing things you don't like? Gang up on him and beat him up. I'm glad Kyoryuger didn't do that. Dairanger also pretty much had Ryou fighting Sadam one-on-one.

Last edited: