The new Tendou Souji
yR1X7v1.png

While trying to battle Billiard Shadow, Mio is accosted by a man who has fallen in love with her. To avoid the man's affections, Mio says that Akira is her boyfriend, but this does not go down well with Tokatti.

R

raden238

I normally would never say this about Toqger, but this episode has some genuine humor to it. It's pretty funny. One of the few episodes that I actually like in the series. Recommend everyone to check it out.

I'm gay, I know what it's like to be gay in Japan (lived there many years), I have a lot of Japanese friends who have no problem with it.

So my question is: WHEN WILL THEY STOP MAKING FUN OF US IN TOKU?
Even if Pierre was one of the best character in Gaim, I'm seriously fed up with this image.

Gay characters are ought to be either stupid or flamboyant. Even though in Japan, the more masculine one is, the more chance there are one is gay. In Japan, a guy like Akira is probably GAY himself.

That kind of nonsense is conditioning children to viewing gays as stupid characters...

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm gay, I know what it's like to be gay in Japan (lived there many years), I have a lot of Japanese friends who have no problem with it.

So my question is: WHEN WILL THEY STOP MAKING FUN OF US IN TOKU?
Even if Pierre was one of the best character in Gaim, I'm seriously fed up with this image.

Gay characters are ought to be either stupid or flamboyant. Even though in Japan, the more masculine one is, the more chance there are one is gay. In Japan, a guy like Akira is probably GAY himself.

That kind of nonsense is conditioning children to viewing gays as stupid characters...

And teaching that women are a reward for a socially awkward male's struggles, and that obsessive jealousy is cute and romantic. (Plus the whole idea of Mio being the love of Tokacchi's life is bullshit - THEY ARE NINE YEARS OLD!) He does not have some kind of right to Mio just because he likes her. She can date whoever the hell she wants. This episode sends an awful message to kids, and having caught up with the last few episodes since Gritta's still gone (mostly) and the plot is moving along, I'm not impressed.

I suppose at least the dude in this episode was not another okama type.

And teaching that women are a reward for a socially awkward male's struggles, and that obsessive jealousy is cute and romantic. (Plus the whole idea of Mio being the love of Tokacchi's life is bullshit - THEY ARE NINE YEARS OLD!) He does not have some kind of right to Mio just because he likes her. She can date whoever the hell she wants. This episode sends an awful message to kids, and having caught up with the last few episodes since Gritta's still gone (mostly) and the plot is moving along, I'm not impressed.

I suppose at least the dude in this episode was not another okama type.

I wouldn't mind Tokacchi being in love with Mio if they acted more like children.
But I totally agree with your point concerning the image of women.
Well, you could also add the message that "creepy" guys are people you shouldn't be around. The way she rejects Omotesandô-san is outrageous.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I wouldn't mind Tokacchi being in love with Mio if they acted more like children.
But I totally agree with your point concerning the image of women.
Well, you could also add the message that "creepy" guys are people you shouldn't be around. The way she rejects Omotesandô-san is outrageous.

The whole thing is absurd. Nine-year-olds do not "fall in love." They may have crushes, but the way the show makes out like Mio is the one and only girl for Tokacchi and it's some fairytale-romance-like thing and he MUST have her is patently ridiculous.

Not to mention that the dude looks almost old enough to be Mio's father even if she were in her late teens/early 20s and not a nine-year-old who just looks like an adult. And yeah, it does portray a really negative image of people like him (and a hypocritical one at that. Tokacchi is socially awkward? It's used as the incentive for us to want to root for him, which includes him "getting the girl." Guest character is socially awkward? He's an object of mockery!)

Yes, that episode was really painful, and Akira's deadspan attitude was the only thing that was remotely funny there.
Mio really has crappy focus episodes, and frankly, that episode was a complete waste of time.
I still don't understand why Kobayashi was chosen as the head writer of that show, because it's obvious she's completely lacking in imagination, and that she obviously doesn't know what to do with her characters. Even by sentai standards, it was completely over the top and annoying.

Hey they've busted out the "random guy falls in love with a female ranger" stock plot. I'm almost surprised they didn't go the whole hog and have Mio say Akira was her fiance so that they could make it a bride story. Still, there's a dozen and a half more opportunities for that to happen.

As always with this stock plot it was awkward, unfunny and relied on the idea that stalkers are HILARIOUS! I had my fast forward button primed from the beginning and it saw more action than the MotW did. I quite liked the bit when Mio and Akira ran through the rollcall (and 30 seconds later when the ball missed them and hit Tokatti in the face) but that's about it.

It's been pretty common for past Sentai series to get bogged down when the episode count reaches the mid-thirties, as they're basically spinning their wheels until they get close enough to the end to start the final story arc. Looks like ToQger is doing the same. :disappoin

Captain
lolz, the stalker guy was in an episode of Boukenger, apparently, hes out having a different kind of "adventure" now.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
The whole thing is absurd. Nine-year-olds do not "fall in love." They may have crushes, but the way the show makes out like Mio is the one and only girl for Tokacchi and it's some fairytale-romance-like thing and he MUST have her is patently ridiculous.

Not to mention that the dude looks almost old enough to be Mio's father even if she were in her late teens/early 20s and not a nine-year-old who just looks like an adult. And yeah, it does portray a really negative image of people like him (and a hypocritical one at that. Tokacchi is socially awkward? It's used as the incentive for us to want to root for him, which includes him "getting the girl." Guest character is socially awkward? He's an object of mockery!)

I think you're reading WAY too much into this! When was it ever stated that it's more than a crush?! Where was it stated he MUST have her?

I think the real joke with the guy was that he falls in love with whoever protects him, like all those tricked women in that previous terrible Mio episode now that I think about it...

And don't forget that part of the big reveal about them being kids was that they were maturing quickly and would not be able to return to being kids... falling in love might be a sign of that...

Anyway this was just filler so I don't think you should considering it too seriously.