10408014_298932576968065_6556567768844518631_n.jpg

A better thread creator would have found the proper TV Guide style summary.
A better thread creator would know if the above screen-cap was even from this episode or the previous one.
I am not a better thread creator. :shakefist​

Having said that, this episode finally comes to the confirmation and culmination of the "they're really kids" story fans have theorized from the very beginning, so I was surprised to see nobody had created a thread for it. Or perhaps we're all just waiting with bated breath to see if this will be the third consecutive Kobayashi series to have a mid-season change of direction?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I'm surprised we got the reveal now instead of much further down the line. I didn't think character development would be suddenly so important to the plot! This was an incredible episode! Very strong acting all around and a good emotionnal gravitas. You rarely see this kind of dilemna in sentai, it's more a Rider thing no?

ToQger has seriously exceeded the expectations I had for it going in.

There's still a few things bothering me here or there, but I can overlook it for the positive. The story is really good and the fights recently have gotten better and better!

I really hope they get the Drill Ressha back soon because I really want to go back to Shadow Towns instead of what seems to be a filler episode next week :/

And I'm curious about the meaning behind the Twinkle Twinkle song and how it'll all end up linked together... who is Zed?

Lurker
Episodes like this make me wish people had been more patient with ToqGer. Still cannot believe a show which features a boss' debut in ep 11, obtain his monster form in ep 23, an evil general's rebellion and characters' past reveal in mid-season is considered bland and slow-paced
This ep proved the show doesnt need to focus on the villains to be good. The moment the ToqGer resolve to keep fighting, it gives me a feeling I was watching a Rider show rather than Sentai. The fight scene was epic. I guess all we have left for the rest of the series is focus on Zed and Schwarz

is Mayor of Farmville
Dude...I totally never was able to guess that the ToQgers were still kids after all this while, though I should've seen it coming from miles away, since all they really ever remembered was being kids that played around by their favorite chill spots, and not much else.

Though, I'm expecting more filler episodes, coz I think the creators might be setting up the sub plot involving Z, Madame Noir, and General Schwarz. There'll prolly be an episode down the line where Madame Noir and General Schwarz semi-figure out a way to free Grita from Emperor Z, who has hijacked Grita's body for his monster form.

That said...

[hide]
How many are willing to bet that Emperor Z might actually be a kid from the same town as the core 5 ToQgers, only he went the opposite direction after the town got swallowed up by the Shadow Line?
[/hide]

Lurker
@Milky Rose: I guess you're right. If you think about it, Zed behaved like a child who is fascinated with lights when he first appeared, but now he has become more ruthless and imtimidating. Maybe he is the same with ToqGer afterall

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Episodes like this make me wish people had been more patient with ToqGer. Still cannot believe a show which features a boss' debut in ep 11, obtain his monster form in ep 23, an evil general's rebellion and characters' past reveal in mid-season is considered bland and slow-paced
This ep proved the show doesnt need to focus on the villains to be good. The moment the ToqGer resolve to keep fighting, it gives me a feeling I was watching a Rider show rather than Sentai. The fight scene was epic. I guess all we have left for the rest of the series is focus on Zed and Schwarz

I think ToQger is just a heavy locomotive who took time to get up to speed. the first quarter is pretty uneventful really until Zed shows up. I mean the characters were likeable and the action wasn't bad, but it wasn't really all that interesting. Remember 'Kendama Detective'? That was a pretty lame episode...

But then Zed showed up, then Akira who brought his own brand of humor to the mix, and then we had the wedding and the reveal of the Shadow Towns... that when thing started to get going full steam IMO.

Episodes like this make me wish people had been more patient with ToqGer.

Sorry but having watched this episode, but if this is actually meant to be a major turning point episode with the cast's big secret being revealed, this an absolute dud and just totally groan worthy. Same for the fight choreography, which I still dislike.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Sorry but having watched this episode, but if this is actually meant to be a major turning point episode with the cast's big secret being revealed, this an absolute dud and just totally groan worthy. Same for the fight choreography, which I still dislike.

Why is it a dud??

Captain
Fucking awesome episode, just keeps getting better and better.

Hyper Ressha TeiOh looks pretty nice, fairly good debut I thinks.

End of the episode gave me the chills, good stuff, definitely more to Zett than we know at this point.

Awesome episode.

Loved the revelation. Finally, what we have been assuming has been confirmed - the ToQger's are kids. At first, I didn't really realize what the big deal about them turning into adults was but when they mentioned that their parents would no longer recognize them, I was like "Oooooooh". These stakes are actually pretty high.

But loved Right's resolve and everyone choosing to follow him. Excellent episode in all of those respects. Ending kind of gave me the chills. I am guessing Zed is one of their long lost buds who went the wrong direction or something, considering he knows the Kira Kira song.

Also, Hyper Ressha Tei-Oh definitely was not bad. More finger cannons are alright by me.