"Training."
So I shipped with Registered SAL. On the tracking page it says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange." It has stayed like this since November 4. Does that mean it has boarded a aircraft and left Japan or is it still in Japan waiting to be airlifted? I am kinda worried because it has stayed like this close to 3 weeks now. Should I be worried? Thank you for your time. I am just very worried that something may have happened to it. :sweat:

Last edited:
Banned
It basically mean's it's somewhere between being handed over to the Air carrier and arriving at your Countries custom's office.

But taking this long might mean it has been lost somewhere in the system (got put on the wrong plane, tossed in the disposal bin with Dead mail etc).

私の占いは当たる
USPS is horrible with keeping tracking information up to date. I've had stuff shipped and zero tracking information from leaving Tokyo to it arriving at my house. :disappoin

Space Ninja
After getting the "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" message from Japan Post, I've found that I'm far more likely to get an update from USPS.com rather than continue to look at their tracking. I'm sure Aus Post will similarly allow you to check your package's status.

USPS is horrible with keeping tracking information up to date. I've had stuff shipped and zero tracking information from leaving Tokyo to it arriving at my house. :disappoin
That's been my experience with Registered SAL, too. I'm told when it ships, but that doesn't get updated in any way, even after the package arrives. Still, I've never had a package get lost - I may not be able to keep on eye on where they are, but they always still arrive.

So...theres a possibility that my package...is gone? :shakefist

Not unusual for a SAL package to take more than 3 weeks to get to Australia, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

In fact my last package from amiami took almost 4 weeks to get here.

This ^. I've had similar issues tracking stuff, but as long as I know it's shipped, I usually just sit and wait.