Hey all,

Recently I purchased a DX Dekaranger Robo from a website and upon arrival, I was greeted with this:

image.jpg1.jpg

At first, I thought I was sent a bootleg or something, but upon further inspection, the toy felt of genuine Bandai of Japan quality and the electronics were functioning as they are supposed to. The included instructions and sticker sheet also appeared to be on par.

I went on another toy board and asked there and was informed that apparently, this is a lucky draw/lottery prize of sorts. I dug around on the Internet and the only other information I could find on it was that of a "Wanted" thread on rangerboard (someone was asking for a RED Chrome Dekaranger Robo, along with several other rare chromed DX figures).

Can any of you shed some light on this figure and its origins? And if so, what's the ascribed value of it? It's kind of pointless for me to keep it because I don't like these solid colour things.

Any info is appreciated!

I can't give you any info you don't all ready have, but let me know if you are interested in selling! Rare things are awesome. :)

Did you pay normal price for this, or a higher than normal price?

I can't give you any info you don't all ready have, but let me know if you are interested in selling! Rare things are awesome. :)

Did you pay normal price for this, or a higher than normal price?

Yes I paid normal price for it and whilst I am interested in selling it, I don't know what the value of it is. I hope someone can find it out because I haven't found any prices or listings of it yet :(

Well, Japan does love contests like their lucky draw events. If this Red DekaRanger Robo is from that, then what you have is an extremely rare version. And at the risk of making it nigh impossible for most anyone to afford (even me), I'd say you can probably set your own price on it. Just depends on what's more important to you; getting reimbursed for your troubles, or making a profit off a rare collector's item.

Honestly, this is the first time I'm hearing about the item, so I may be correct in saying that you really can set your own price.
I've seen the regular DX toys that get massive retail releases.
I've seen the black/dark repaints that either get a retail release or a comparable release.
But special, solid color chrome versions like that? At that scale? Gotta be for a special, one-time-only, and extremely limited release.

But I could be wrong. Feel free to keep waiting and searching. I'm sure you'll find the answers you are looking for. :)