PARTY HARD
So I'll be heading over to California during the summer, and I need a place to shop. I'll be at San Fran., LA, and San Jose (then other places outside of California). If you guys know or live in the area, what stores can you guys recommend with a decent anime collection (for figma purposes) or that sells S.H. Figuarts (specifically Precure and exclusive Figuarts)?

PARTY HARD
Summer Vacation, yo! I couldn't get summer classes, so my summer was free enough to fit into the vacation plan. Also, I've never been to California before. My mom and dad lived there before I was born, and my sister went there when she was super young (like less than a year old).

Since this is my first time, I wanna get my shopping on. =D

I highly recommend Frank and Son Collectible Show

It's basically a huge warehouse gathering of collectors and vendors and enthusiasts of all kinds: anime, card games, video games, sports, nergasm-y stuff, anything really.
It's located in City of Industry, here's the address:
19649 San Jose Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748
Open Wednesdays and Saturdays

Might be out of your way, but it's a really great spot! :D

PARTY HARD
Yeah, that's definitely gonna be out of the way. It was already hard enough to convince mom to go to LA, so having her go to another city outside of our plans will be difficult.

You Got The TOUCH!
As far as LA goes, there aren't that many. I'd recommend Anime Jungle in Little Tokyo, but they tend to overprice a lot of their figures so NO.

You could always try Japan Town in San Francisco, but since I've never been there, I don't know the pricing on their stores.

I could suggest something but you'd have to be ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE to get figures, so I'll withhold this one.

Japan Town is probably your best bet, specifically two stores in Japan Town as it's a large mall-like location. The two places being Japantown Collectibles and jpnTOYS. I haven't been there since the yen got it's large muscles so I can't speak for the prices but from what I remember they sell at standard Japan retail prices so it's worth a shot. Also worth giving them a call just to see if they have what you're looking for. (link here: http://www.sfjapantown.org/Business/index.cfm?catID=82 )

PARTY HARD
Really? I thought LA would have the Japan town. No, actually, I thought LA would be that super shopping city in Cali that'd have more asian stuff.

But yay, Japan town's in SF, and mom wants to stay there the most! =D

Edit:
Though I can see what you mean by overpricing. ImageAnime in NYC has that going for them as well...

Last edited:
LA does have a Japan district. Its called Little Tokyo. Anime jungle has two stores in Little Tokyo. While Jungle does markup prices to double, there are some items that are on discount.
(being local to LA does help XD).

As mentioned, Frank and Sons has a big selection. Its technically anything hobby related.(gundam, yugioh, mtg, ponies, marvel, dc, etc)

Orange
I would also have to agree that for LA, Frank and Sons is your best bet for Figuarts, gundams, Robot damashii, etc. Hell even Transformers, Halo, and other types of toys. Though I personally haven't found a place that sells a wide assortment of figma there, but there are a few shops that do sell a few figmas. They're all reasonably priced too. J-town's Jungle anime, while they have nice displays, tend to mark it up quite a bit.

Only problem that I think it may pose for you is that its only opened Wednesday and Saturday at specific times.