recommend me some tokusatsu other than kamen rider, super sentai and garo.

It's cool that there's someone who likes it. I just don't see that. Especially the "internal battle" stuff; it's been a few months since I finished the show but I can't think of a single example of that. Unless you mean the conscience circuit stuff? But IMO that would be a bad example as it's only a factor when the external influence of the bad guys' McGuffin is used (see also Akumaizer 3, where it was a magic glowing rock instead of a magic flute).

I am referring to the conscience circuit. Kikaider, a tool built for good, could at any time be immediately used for evil and it's only his sheer willpower that keeps him from totally giving in. But I'm also referring to Hakaider's brilliant character arc (which was absolutely ruined by 01), which I don't want to go into too much detail about since I want the OP to experience it when he gets there.

Lurker
I've read it's kind of a prequel to the Tomica series. Is it worth watching Ryukendo before those shows to get the best out of them? A while back I watched the first episode of Rescue Force and I must admit that seemed kinda fun.

The Ryukendo cast appears in the Force movie in a cameo, and they appear in the finale stage show (or something like that).

Ryukendo's a lot of fun, except for almost every powerup going to Kendo himself.

I'd highly recommend Rescue Force. Sure, there's the problems that Black Fang pointed out, but it's a hell of a ride of just sheer fun. Give it a few episodes at least. If you like Ryukendo or Tomica, you'll probably like the other.

I mean id rather see the "costumbrism" in a scifi enviroment ( how the hero deals with everyday struggles AND being a hero ala Peter Parker, Timeranger, Hurricanger, etc) , how society relies on them ( or rejects them), etc. In the end, all i remember from sentai shows is the theme, not the mecha or the in-suit fights
The Heisei Gamera trilogy may be up your alley then. The director wanted to treat Gamera as this God-like entity, so after the first film introduces him the second and third really make a point of examining people's reactions to the titular beast - mainly examining the positive in the second film and negative in the third.

And while it lays outside the 90s and goes against the spirit of this thread...
[HIDE]Black RX has an early scene where Kotaro considers leaving his new-found loved ones to prevent them being targeted, but decides to stay with them even if he has to fight even harder to keep them safe. One of the overarching plots of the series is examining whether that really was a good decision.[/HIDE]
I'd highly recommend Rescue Force. Sure, there's the problems that Black Fang pointed out, but it's a hell of a ride of just sheer fun. Give it a few episodes at least. If you like Ryukendo or Tomica, you'll probably like the other.
I'll probably give it a try at some point down the line. :thumbs:

Speaking of Ryukendo connections, I forgot that Kumi Imura (from Garo Season 3 as well) is also in the cast as one of the SHOT crew. So we have two actresses appearing together twice.

The Ryukendo cast appears in the Force movie in a cameo, and they appear in the finale stage show (or something like that).

Which cast members? The main three and/or SHOT only?

Lurker
^

Main three:

capture-1.jpg

The Skull Man, and the original The Guyver animations were pretty awesome, for anime.