recommend me some tokusatsu other than kamen rider, super sentai and garo.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
-literally any ultra series
-the Space Sheriff trilogy
-Kikaider
-Zubat
-Inazuman
-Red Baron
-Iron King
-Giant Robo

Just stay away from Bio Planet WoO.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Any Ultra series, Sharivan and Inazuman Flash are up there though.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Janperson
Chouseishin series
Spiderman (the Japanese version)
Ultraman X, the current Ultra series is still on air and it's good fun
Robot Detective K
Ryukendo

Ultraman Nexus
Ultraseven X
Dennou Keisatsu Cybercop (good luck finding active downloads though)
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (the 2003 live action series)

the current Ultraman X is good too. it's a mixture of old school and new school.

"Historic" toku

Doesn't every toku fan eventually feel the lure of the King of the Monsters? And the one constant for that series is the original movie - Godzilla.

The original TV toku trilogy - Ultra Q, Ultraman and Ultra Seven. We wouldn't have henshin heroes without them. Although I'd suggest actually watching them in the order Ultraman, Ultra Seven then finally Ultra Q.

Movies

Mechanical Violator Hakaider - stylish albeit weird film that I kinda prefer over the two 70s Kikaider series.

Gamera 90s Trilogy - IMO the third film kinda runs out of steam, but many love it and consider it one of the great toku trilogies.

Negadon: The Monster From Mars - half hour animated tribute to the old Toho monster movies, and pretty interesting in it's own right.

Death Game Park - Shinken Red kicking ass in a 'battle royale' style situation (originally released on cellphones(!) as a series of shorts but can be watched as one big movie)

Series

Tekkōki Mikazuki - mecha mini-series that shows a lot of the style that would later go into the Garo series.

Chō Ninja Tai Inazuma! - two 45 minute episodes in which the main cast of Magiranger, assisted by actors from Dekaranger and Boukenger, both pay tribute and mildly parody Sentai.

Ultraman Mebius - the show that sold me on the Ultraman franchise and still the one I like the most. And it's available for free!

Keitai Sousakan 7 (aka Cellphone Investigator 7) - a tentative inclusion from me, as I happen to be watching it at the moment and I'm only a dozen episodes in. :sweat: No monsters or transforming heroes, but it's got a bunch of familiar faces in it (Kamen Rider Knight, Kamen Rider L'Arc, Hurricane Blue...). As a change from the norm I'm enjoying it, and it has a pretty good reputation.
Spiderman (the Japanese version)
I'd love to check this out just for the sake of curiosity, but it's pages on the Marvel site have the actual videos on youtube...and they've been blocked as copyright violations <facepalm>

-Android Kikaider is an absolute classic. Ignore Kikaider 01 at all costs.
-The Magnificent Zubat features one of the best heroes in all of tokusatsu, but your mileage will vary based on whether you like the formula (I personally thought it was a VERY entertaining formula).
-Ultraman is a must for any tokusatsu fan. Ultra Seven is the more beloved series, but I recommend watching the original first.

Toku Prime said:
I'd love to check this out just for the sake of curiosity, but it's pages on the Marvel site have the actual videos on youtube...and they've been blocked as copyright violations <facepalm>

Ehhhh, once you get used to the whole "Spider-Man gets his powers from an alien and pilots a giant robot" thing, it wears its welcome out fast. Many of the episodes were a really tough sit and the mecha "fights" are just inexcusably poor (yes, I know the Leopardon suit was stolen but that doesn't excuse how unentertaining the fights are).