Hello all, new to the forums and newer to original Japanese Tokusatsu. I was wondering what Kamen Rider Series from the heisei area anyone would highly recommend or to avoid. I've watched a few of the series and I'm currently enjoying Gaim.

I make this article asking what series you'd all recommend based on viewing both Wizard and Kabuto. I'm not sure if these are some of the most beloved or hated cause I'm new to the actual community but after getting about halfway through these I've found that I just can't finish them all in a binge watch due to characters,story, action scenes etc.

For Shows I have watched in full in no particular order;

Fourze: From what I gathered this is a love or hate, this was my first kamen rider show and personally I love it despite its quarks

OOO's:Another Good one, My wish was that birth wasn't thrown around when it came to the Greeed

W:I put this one of initally because I listened to a lot of the music in the show beforehand and thought I'd over hype myself, was not disappointing at all, expecially loved Teruis henshin :laugh:

Decade: I watched this one in order to "catch up" thinking that since it was the riders from the past decade they'd be quick little synopsis series, personally I feel meh because Kuuga never got screen time and Tsukasa was always a little of a tool

Kiva: I liked the first half a lot but when the romance subplot came up to me everything got real weird real fast

Den-O: Ore Sanjou, that is all

Kabuto: I just can't get into it, all the riders never click with me and Kabuto himself is an annoying douche to me, Drakes probably the only rider I like and he's in like 5 episodes so far

Wizard: I don't know why but I just don't care for this series, Haruto is ok I guess and Nitou is awesome, but the fights and supporting cast just don't click for me

Gaim: As it's going on we can't say overall but so far I've loved every episode, made me wish more series were done like this where the episodes chain into each other instead of the two episode MOTW episodes Kamen rider seems to have.

Sorry for the long post, hope for a good discussion. :)

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Kuuga and Agito: Because their seriousness is well executed.

Faiz: It is decent.

Den-O: It is funny.

Kiva: Nice elements to it, got better as time went on, best of the pre-Decade heisei era.

Decade: Crash course in rider history.

OOO: Everything about it is good, best of the heisei era in general.

Fourze: It is just fun.

Wizard: Made for spectacle and delivers.

And that is all I'd recommend.

Edit: Oh wait I thought we were giving opinions to people in general, my mistake. Just watch Faiz.

Pretty much all of early Heisei. (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade) Then W and Gaim out of the post-Decade stuff, though Fourze isn't bad either.

Kamen Rider Klock
Kuuga, Agito: For the feeling of old school Kamen Rider
Blade: It's got an interesting plot
W: One of the best written shows I've seen
OOO: A good successor to W and has a good message about desire and how it isn't a bad thing
Gaim: Easily one of my favorites since OOO. A lot of good action, a unique plot for Kamen Rider, and great writing.

D

Dr Kain

Blade is the best in every category, designs, action, themes, story, and characters.

Ryuki, Agito, and Kuuga are excellent series but the finales can be a bit frustrating.

555 and Kabuto are not bad series, but their final 10 episodes just ruin the experience.

Hibiki is creative and uses a lot of great cinematography and atmosphere for its first 29 episodes and then the series just turns to utter dog poop for the remaining episodes due to a writer change.

Kiva is a great show as it tries something new and Wataru is given excellent character development.

Den-O is okay...

Do you want Neo-Heisei too? If so, you can't go wrong with any of them outside of Wizard. Wizard suffers the same problems as 555 and Kabuto. The other four are fantastic series, especially W and Gaim.

However, if you want me to just name a few, then Blade, W, and Gaim are my top three picks.

Kuuga and Agito: Because their seriousness is well executed.

Faiz: It is decent.

Den-O: It is funny.

Kiva: Nice elements to it, got better as time went on, best of the pre-Decade heisei era.

Decade: Crash course in rider history.

OOO: Everything about it is good, best of the heisei era in general.

Fourze: It is just fun.

Wizard: Made for spectacle and delivers.

And that is all I'd recommend.

Edit: Oh wait I thought we were giving opinions to people in general, my mistake. Just watch Faiz.
Thank you for the feedback, I'm sure everyone is happy to hear recommendations lol

Personally I thought the faiz suit was one of the cooler looking ones, but from some skimming online it seemed like starting from ryuki up until den-o were lacking.

Of course thats everyone personal opinion but I'm glad to see people will still give an honest opinion

Blade is the best in every category, designs, action, themes, story, and characters.

Ryuki, Agito, and Kuuga are excellent series but the finales can be a bit frustrating.

555 and Kabuto are not bad series, but their final 10 episodes just ruin the experience.

Hibiki is creative and uses a lot of great cinematography and atmosphere for its first 29 episodes and then the series just turns to utter dog poop for the remaining episodes due to a writer change.

Kiva is a great show as it tries something new and Wataru is given excellent character development.

Den-O is okay...

Do you want Neo-Heisei too? If so, you can't go wrong with any of them outside of Wizard. Wizard suffers the same problems as 555 and Kabuto. The other four are fantastic series, especially W and Gaim.

However, if you want me to just name a few, then Blade, W, and Gaim are my top three picks.

I freaking loved W and so far Gaim is probably my new favorite from the neo-series, probably should have specified that but honestly I've watched all of them except wizard, could you specify what it is that 555 and kabuto have in common with wizard for a problem? I've watched both kabuto and wizard about halfway through and honestlky my biggest problem are the characters, except for beast he's awesome so far but his upgrade seems to get the shaft

Kuuga, Agito: For the feeling of old school Kamen Rider
=.
Would you recommend the showa series? I have had little hesitation watching the heisei era riders but the showa seems like it'd be a little to corny, which is a little odd to say since any tokatsu will have that feel:laugh:

As far as Heisei Riders go, the only ones I would probably highly recommend to anyone would be Kuuga, Agito, W, and Gaim. And depending on one's tastes, maybe even Fourze.

For the sake of it, the Showa era, I would highly recommend Black. I also recommend the original series (at least the first half of it), and Stronger. V3, X and Amazon are also neat shows.

Disappear into light!!
For Showa stuff, at the very least, try Black and Black RX. The ZO movie is also a good starting point since it showcases all the basics of old-school Rider, while only being over an hour long.