Real People that Inspired the creation of Street Fighter characters part 2

Administrator
Staff member
If you missed the first part of this article, you can find it here. There you can read about the people who inspired the creation of Ryu,Ken,Sagat,Zangief and Crimson Viper.
Laura Matsuda
Sean Matsuda’s big sister just debuted in Street Fighter V but she is already popular to cosplayers.
Kyra Gracie is the inspiration for the creation of Laura Matsuda. Here is Laura’s early concept together with a picture of Gracie.
Matsuda-221x160.jpg

Street-Fighter-V_Laura_1_special_3-1620x800.jpg
Kyra is the only female Martial artist from the Gracie clan. The last name Gracie is familiar, because they invented Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Her Street Fighter counterpart wanted to spar warriors around the world, so she can promote her family’s Martial Art, Matsuda...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff member
Honorable mentions because I don't want to make the article any longer.

Cody is designed after Michael Paré
tfgNWl.jpg

Deejay is designed after Billy Banks.
images

Abel is designed after Fedor Vladimirovich Emelianenko
fedor_abel01.jpg

M.Bison is designed after Kyūsaku Shimada
lis-fd97e1df-4117-474a-bf15-4d15228f543-resize-750.jpg
Lucy Morgan is designed after Cynthia Rothrock
W7slFN.jpg

Oro is designed after Helio Gracie and he is ironically not related to Laura.

Money Heister
What a fun read! It made me wonder why none of those people sued capcom for using their likeness.

M

meetageorge

I will be flattered if a Videogame character uses my likeness

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
I love how most Street fighters are inspired from Martial Artists, Wrestlers and Action stars but Karin is inspired from a Soap Opera villain child star. I want to see a Canadian Street Fighter inspired from the Hart dynasty.

Scoopin Ice Cream since Demogorgons invade Hawkins
Now I know why Hollywood looks familiar when I watched old episodes of Glow. Sad that Chun-li is not based from a real life person. So they are Afraid Mike Tyson will sue them but he dont actually mind it.

I wonder if El Fuerte is inspired from Rey Mysterio or some other popular Luchador.

True Patriot
Street Fighter 6 is announced. Now I wonder which celebrities will have a character designed after them. Oh yeah! People kept comparing Luke to Logan and Jake Paul. That Gave Capcom a conscious decision to change his design in Street Fighter 6. Alex is Lucky that he doesn't have Hulk Hogan's hairline. The Irony with Michael Pare is in one of his movies, He played a character named Cody too, and his girlfriend is also Kidnapped. He wears a white shirt in that movie too.

With All the Iconic Canadian Wrestlers ,MMA Fighters and Celebrities, I am still wondering why we still don't have a Canadian character.

Alex is the more handsome, less bald and less racist version of Hulk Hogan. Luke is obviously based from the Paul Brothers.