Ralph Baer, father of video games, dies aged 92

Nathan Gibson submitted a new blog post:

Ralph Baer, father of video games, dies aged 92

Ralph Baer has passed award at the age of 92 at his home in Manchester, New Hampshire, according to Gamasutra. The prolific inventor was widely recognized as one of the biggest influences on the video game industry thanks to his work on creating the first home console that could be used with television sets. The console was designed and developed in 1972 by Baer and two engineers working...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Thank you, Ralph Baer.

You made it possible for this perform called video games to be recongized as something amazing. I don't know if you knew how big it would become, but something tells me it brought you joy to know that others were overjoyed to play things that was the product of your creation.

I hope that you find peace, wherever you're at, and that you have a gaming haven without lag, glitches or corrupted saves.

I asked my parent to get me a Nintendo 64 when I was younger. Not surprisingly, they picked me up an Odyssey2 console at a garage-sale. As a kid I was pissed!

As an adult now I feel fortunate for having experienced an important part of gaming history that most people won’t.

Damn I wish I would have kept that thing!

RIP Mr. Baer!

Yes, I saw this on the news. My son always makes fun of me because I remembered Pong from when I was four. The man lived long enough to see what wonderful contributions he made to the world. I bet he was amazed and proud. He was also involved in the "Simon". That device has never gone out of style. There is a new version out called "Simon Swipe".

I'm sad that the father of video games is dead. Thanks to him the game exists. Rest in Peace.