It looks like we cannot customize parties anymore. This Game will follow the footsteps of Final Fantasy 15 and Final Fantasy VII remake. Each main character will have their story arc and that is it about it. We will have a smaller cast but they are more fleshed out. I guess the more amazing the graphics had become the more limited the features we can have.

Trailers are focusing in two to 3 characters only. The cast is smaller than Final Fantasy XV.

If you like the older systems the older games are still out there for you to play. They will never disappear unless and asteroids hits earth. The older games are getting some remasters so that is something you should try if you do not want to move forward with us.

The Game is open world so that alone is a coding hell, It wont give them time to program party members. The party mode is more possible when things are linear.

I think we will just have Clive,Joshua, Probably Jill and lots of A.I partners who will be our partners for a short time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think Jill will be playable. She might end up as a non-combat character or an A.I character. The females we might get are the summons.

Nomura said we wont have a traditional party system. We will have some kind of party but not the likes of Final Fantasy 13 or 10.

I can't deny that this game looks and sounds amazing, despite the fact that there hasn't been much actual gameplay revealed. The voice acting is decent, the music is outstanding (I don't believe any FF score has ever been subpar), and of course the sequences they showed looked amazing.

I'm eager to see more gaming as they get closer to the release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything appears to be at least partially in-engine, and things have advanced significantly since the initial reveal video.

There must have been an unbelievable amount of work put into this game because the Eikon battles appear really unique. Nothing appears to be copied assets or bespoke.

We will still have Party members but we will have a smaller cast so no customization of teams like the older games.

It's been established at this point that there are none. Perhaps we'll have temporary guest members like Final Fantasy XV since Clive has so many summons and they are in time skip? For instance, party members who just join us for particular battles before leaving. They may not be showing it in the trailers since it contains a spoiler.