Nube
So, Guyver would be considered a "transforming" Tokusatsu hero no? If not then I guess you can move the thread to the appropriate section.

Anyway, I've always been interested in checking out the franchise for a while but what's the general consensus? I see the two movies have involvement by Steve Wang, they look fun even if they aren't amazing cinema. How are the anime films/ovas/shows?

For what it's worth, I preferred the more recent TV Series ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Guyver-Complete-Box-Set-S-A-V-E/dp/B005NQ5LRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406865054&sr=8-1&keywords=Guyver]TV series[/ame]) over the old OVAs ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Guyver-Bio-Booster-Armor-Vol/dp/B00008979Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1406865054&sr=8-5&keywords=Guyver]OVAs[/ame]), but mostly just because the TV series goes farther in the story. The OVAs are still very worth watching in their own right for that unique 90s OVA atmosphere and awesome soundtrack (one word of advice: do NOT watch the English dub on the OVAs. For some idiotic reason they felt it necessary to change the music. Also the uncensored version of Episode 12 on the second volume is a special feature).

It's been awhile since I've seen the live-action movies but I remember the second one being a lot better than the first. The first.... it had issues, but the second one watches just like an action-packed tokusatsu movie.

I am the law
Yeah, the second Guyver movie is WAAAAY better than the first one. As for the animated series, I prefer the most recent one as well.
The shitty thing is, they both end when the Guyver Gigantic is revealed.
If you can track them down, read the manga, it's a TON more involved than any of the animated stories have been and is also a ton more violent.

Kamen Rider Beserker
Animes good, first live action bad, the second one was ok, most of the manga can be found online but there are a lot of missing chapters that have not been uploaded yet so you could go from let's say chapter 210 to 233 and everything in between missing and there are some chapters have been translated from the Hong Kong versions and are quite hard to read as they haven't been translated properly.