Is it supposed to be insanely hard? I just downloaded it today on a Genesis emulator to hype myself up for the new game (which I've heard good things about and REALLY want to buy), and the thing is impossible! I've been killed in a bunch of matches without landing a single hit, and I'm on the "Very Easy" setting! I tried "Very Hard," and it seemed the same. I haven't heard anything bad about Mortal Kombat II's difficulty (and Mortal Kombat I was a breeze on easiest), so is this just a glitch in the ROM I found? Or do I just suck at the game beyond belief?

Now Demonic
No, the games last few levels no matter on what difficulty setting are difficult beyond belief. You'll probably only win by luck the first time.

No, the games last few levels no matter on what difficulty setting are difficult beyond belief. You'll probably only win by luck the first time.

No, this is the FIRST fight in the whole game that I can't get past. I mean, I put in a cheat to make myself invincible so I could see the Fatalities, and I STILL could barely land a hit! I'd hit Raiden once, then he'd beat on me incessantly till the clock ran out, and my luck with Kitana was not much better.

The World Warrior
No, this is the FIRST fight in the whole game that I can't get past. I mean, I put in a cheat to make myself invincible so I could see the Fatalities, and I STILL could barely land a hit! I'd hit Raiden once, then he'd beat on me incessantly till the clock ran out, and my luck with Kitana was not much better.

I've always had an easier time with the Genesis version, as opposed to the SNES and arcade versions...

The MK II A.I follows a pattern. You just have to learn that pattern, by studying the A.I, practicing, and trying new techniques.

No kidding. Seriously, give the console versions of UMK3 a whirl sometimes. I still have scars... :)

Banned
Huh.. I've never really had a problem with any MK game. Now Street fighter.. I suck at any version of that.

Banned
Remember, most Strategies you might see around the net assume your fighting another Human who will also be using a Strategy of their own. Fighting the AI is a whole different game.

In some ways, the AI (can be) dumber than a Human player as they only fight how they are programmed to, so they can be tricked into using the same moves/combo's over and over (Ie they will always go for the rapid punch followed by a Uppercut then a leg sweep unless they are against a wall, when they will always try to uppercut etc...) or into using moves that leave them wide open. They also tend to not use things like Move Cancelling or other "Techs" that make up the bulk of a games Meta to real people.

In other ways, they can be cheap bastards since they can have a reaction speed FAR faster than any human is capable. Plus the AI will never get stressed and make mistakes because they are not concentrating wholly on the game.

The AI on MK games can get insanely hard, but all you need to do is get to know the AI and read it's movements so you know what to do to counter/stop it and when.