Put the actor of shinkenger as the seventh and final ranger in Power rangers samurai

Some kind of Beast mode
The guy talks as though being a samurai is akin to some kind of religion. This is one of my problems with PRS, incidentally. They keep loading on attributes of samurais that don't make much sense.

:O_O: You're (still) watching Samurai?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
None of the Shinkenger actors can speak English.

I've seen a videoclip of Tori Matsuzaka speaking English for some TV show, but he doesn't seem to know how to say very much (although his accent is good.) I think Hiroki Aiba understands some English as well, the rest probably not so much

As much as I love the Shinkenger, casting any of the actors in an English-speaking role is probably not a good idea. It will definitely affect his or her performance due to language barrier, and that's not something I'd like to see.

This. And besides , why?

The only reason anyone here would have is eye candy and a homage to the Japanese original, but if they did want to , the actor/s would have to be helped with the language possibly a year ahead to make it normal but still it wouldn't be satisfactory. Couldn't they get the actor of MagiGreem to do the seventh ranger? He knows some English...

Scratch that, why not make Dekker the seventh or JYB ? They're both previous rangers and be a homage to a previous season.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
I've seen a videoclip of Tori Matsuzaka speaking English for some TV show, but he doesn't seem to know how to say very much (although his accent is good.) I think Hiroki Aiba understands some English as well, the rest probably not so much

Really? I'm curious.

Welcome
I guess Takeru can be all like "Umm..Diend sent me here.I'm not even a Kamen Rider.....*Sees Mia instead of Mako* :sick:"

Lurker
To be fair every Japanese person can speak some English. For the Shinkenger cast they would have all started in 7th grade learning (through 12th). But either way I think having a Japanese national being in Power Rangers is just a bad idea. I have a friend from Japan who is studying at the same university as me and his major is English, and yet it still isn't that great (and he's a senior).

Let Sentai keep their Japanese actors and Power Rangers can keep their American/British/Australian/New Zealand Actors.

As much as I love the Shinkenger, casting any of the actors in an English-speaking role is probably not a good idea. It will definitely affect his or her performance due to language barrier, and that's not something I'd like to see.

Indeed. Sentai Actors/Actresses doesn't belong in the PR franchise (nor would they even fit there), & neither does the PR actors/actresses belong in the Sentai franchise.

This. And besides , why?

The only reason anyone here would have is eye candy and a homage to the Japanese original, but if they did want to , the actor/s would have to be helped with the language possibly a year ahead to make it normal but still it wouldn't be satisfactory. Couldn't they get the actor of MagiGreem to do the seventh ranger? He knows some English...

Scratch that, why not make Dekker the seventh or JYB ? They're both previous rangers and be a homage to a previous season.

Yes it is We need the eye candy in the final storyline in the samurai season hopefully both ranger and sentai fans will be thrilled of a seeing a cast from the rangers Japanese predecessor to pay homage of the character from its source material.

Last edited:
Remember the smallville episode Rosetta where Christopher reeve portrays as Dr Virgil swan to Clark Kent(tom welling) which according to the producers as the homage of the superman generation and also as the passing the torch well same thing for the final arc of power rangers samurai when we need one of the shinkengers cast to portray as the seventh and final red ranger and will pay homage to their roles in shinkenger three years ago.

I don't really see a reason for it. Noone outside of those of us who know Shinkenger exists would appreciate it. and given that I'm sure we're not the only ones who watch the series, why would they do it? especially when it was just a minor plot point. They could remove it entirely and not have anyone show up.

I'm pretty sure Saban isn't as bound to the source footage as they once were. If they REALLY felt like not having a second ShinkenRed, I'd imagine they could re-shoot the ending pretty easy.

It'd be great for the hardcore fans, but we're not really the ones that the show is marketed towards. Heck, we're probably not even figured into their demographic. For all the time and effort? It'd be kind of wasted I'd think.

Plus...you know....none of them speak English.