SLICE
I'm...well likely not well known, but at least one or two of you have heard my endless bitching on the many shows that bother me to no end.

Part of what makes me hyper critical of the shows I love, and I do love Toku, is that I plan to be a writer.

Thus I take a lot of shows personally because I plan to make things like it. This brings us to today's post.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for such a thing, but whatever.

I am, and have been, working on an original super hero series titled The Lightning Brigade, which is a working title*. I have been working on it for almost 7 years now, and have finally reached a point in my own skill to try and make it a reality. It is planned to be a comic book series, at first if I can help it.

I have the first four issues written out- Hidden Masta has read the first issue, as have a few select others. So far the replies have been largely positive.

I have an artist working with me on the project, as I myself cannot draw, and I plan to try to submit it to Image comics at the end of March, and if that doesn't pan out, try again at Dark Horse, then again at other places.

This will be, I suppose, American Toku, though I don't exactly see it that way. It's inspirations will be obvious, but I truly believe that it is distinct enough to stand out.

I hope to keep you lot posted on its progress if you're interested and I guess we'll see how this goes.

My artist is this fine fellow: http://enshohma.deviantart.com/

And I leave you with this concept sketches of the main villain of the first issue.

Dokuver2012SketchRaf01Ver2.jpg
Dokuver.

*The only other working title we have is The Lightning Ronin, which doesn't work as well.

Lurker
I have an artist working with me on the project, as I myself cannot draw, and I plan to try to submit it to Image comics at the end of March, and if that doesn't pan out, try again at Dark Horse, then again at other places.

In before all the Rob Liefeld Jokes.

Other than that, it's pretty cool and I do hope you get this comic published. Maybe you'll have a comic movie based off it.

DSP

Lurker
There's the HJU art institute which is basically where this kinda stuff goes.

As for the comic, I can't really say much because...well all we've got is a villain design and a name XD Personally though, to me "The Lightning Brigade" sounds a bit too generic, it doesn't catch the eye nor ear and sounds like a title that would be easily placed aside. Maybe a shorter name or different words could spruce it up. Hell simply calling it "Brigade" would be an improvement.

As for the villain design, as well the artist helping you, the design doesn't look too bad, but I uh, in my opinion you'll need a more skilled artist to help you with your pitch, visuals are very important in the comic biz and I think that his art style and current technical skill isn't up to match with current industry standards.

Anywhoo I wish you all the luck with this project!

SLICE
I'm hesitant to explore more, in case of legal gray areas that might come up or some such, but an actual description can't hurt.

The long and short of it is, it's Power Rangers for adults. Or Super Sentai, if you prefer. I find it hard to describe the first issue in summary form because there is a fair chunk of plot swimming around it. I honestly suck at summaries-I just want to describe the whole thing. Maybe I'll convince HM to try his hand at it, as a third party.

As for the title, the reason why I settled on Lightning Brigade for a working one is due in part to wanting to keep the term Lightning (or Electric if I must) and a military group.

Lightning Brigade works best for me as it doubles as a literary reference to, what else, the Charge of the Light Brigade, which is an apt metaphor for some events of the story.

There are other concept sketches, all pertaining to LB, on the page where the Dokuver image rests, but I didn't feel it right to bring them to this thread, purely because this is merely to drum up some interest for the project-not to show off concept art.

I've read it and as I told him before I thought it was really good and my opinion is never wrong so there you go! I don't know how much I can say about it so there you go. *nobs*