I currently own a US PS2 and can anybody recommend me where I can buy Magic Swap discs so I can play Japanese video games on my console?

Is there another easier way to do this without buying a Japanese PS2/modding my system?

Thanks!

I don't have low self esteem.
I'd stick to saving yer pennies for a Japanese PS2. It may be the expensive but it's the easiest way to do things.

And speaking of which I've for a while been thinking about buying that MultiRegion Sega Dreamcast to replace my busted old one which keeps repeatedly resetting itself. I've still not done that yet but I'm still thinking sabout it..

Magic Swap discs are really the cheapest way to do it without buying a Jp PS2 or getting it modded. Other than the inconvenience they're not too bad. They may wear out the CD tray faster if you have an old PS2 but it's Sony hardware so it's not like it would've lasted long anyway. ;)
You can also buy shells for the PS2 with a flip-top lid so you wouldn't have to force the CD tray out. Unfortunately the web shop I got mine from seems to no longer exist so I can't help you there.

You live in Japan, right? Then I would suggest just going out and buy a second hand PS2, which should be relatively cheap and then you have no more worries.