In Justice, We Trust!
I live in Mississauga sooooooooooooooo

Pros:
1: Grocery Store like 10 minutes away from my house
2: A shopping mall 15 minutes away from my house
3: There's a comic store that's like, 5 minutes away from my house
4: Quiet neighbourhood, nothing usually happens

Cons:
1: Other then a few restaurants, there's really nothing good to eat here:redface2:.

Prism Flash!
CONS
- You won't like taking the train or buses during morning and evening peak hours ... its packed and i have experienced it far too many times >.>
- Everything is going up (e.g electricity, food, transport)
- The girls here are not that cute ... okay, pretty but not cute

The chiobu(s) and minah(s) not good enough? hehe. :laugh:

Black Version
I'm currently in Ithaca, in the middle of western NY, and I really love it here.

PROS
-The weather. Generally, it is beautiful here. The horribly hot/humid part of the summer doesn't last too long, and the winter is actually milder here than it is in the surrounding country-- we'll get a couple of inches of snow when a few towns over are getting dumped on to the tune of a foot or more. Apparently we get some sort of "reverse lake effect." Go figure. There are also a ton of beautiful hiking trails here through the gorges formed by rivers and streams in the hills. Today, it's the middle of autumn, the leaves are gorgeous, and it's going to be in the mid-to-high 70s. ...I should really get up to campus to exercise, and check out all the undergrads busting out their miniskirts and shorts. ;D

-The colleges. Yeah, it can be kind of a pain having so many undergrads around, but having two major colleges (Cornell University and Ithaca College) in the area means there's better entertainment, better restaurants, and high standards of education.

-The food. We're surrounded by farming communities, and the farmer's market is the size of a small mall and runs from April to December. While that's going on, we do 90% of our shopping there. It's amazing. You can buy pretty much anything there except cleaning supplies and toilet paper-- not just vegetables, but bread, meat, artwork, clothing... it's all natural and organically grown/raised, and it's all delicious. Plus, you actually get to know the people who are producing the food you eat-- you can't sell anything at the IFM that you haven't made/grown yourself. And to top it all off, for a small town, there are a TON of good restaurants.

-The people. Me and the wife are crunchy hippie liberal intellectual types, and there are a lot of like-minded people in this area. Just in the last year, we've been able to make a lot of friends, and while our social circle varies in political outlook and worldview, they're almost all educators and therefore have a fairly high baseline for intelligence and education. WE LIKES US THEM SMART PEOPLESES.

-Downtown. As in we actually have one. There's restaurant row, which has about ten restaurants ranging from decent to excellent. Right next to it is the town commons with a ton of coffeehouses, bookstores, clothing/furniture stores, more restaurants, you name it. There is a gorgeous old theater that hosts a ton of events, concerts, plays, etc., and a bunch of excellent bars down the street from that. And there's the DeWitt Mall, which is an old school converted to commercial space-- shops and cafes and a small grocery store on the bottom floor, and offices and studios above that. The best thing about downtown? We can walk there from our house. And then walk back after going out for dinner and drinks.

The cons:
-The isolation. Sweet jebus, it's a damn good thing I like it here, because it takes a minimum of five hours to get ANYWHERE else worth going to. Toronto, Philly, NYC, Western Mass (my old stomping grounds), DC... all 5-6 hours' drive. Anywhere closer than that (Syracuse, Buffalo, Albany, Rochester) really isn't worth the effort. And we're kind of in an oasis of nice in an ocean of Crazy Jesus Land.

-The music scene. I admit, I got spoiled in Western MA-- a good 1/2 to 2/3 of the indie bands touring the east coast come to Northampton. I'm lucky if we get three or four shows a year I really want to go to here.

That's really about it for the downside, though. I really like it here, and I really hope my wife gets tenure at IC...

Last edited:
Like a passing wind...
Pros:

- Friendly Neighborhood(around my area at least)
- Friends are nearby
- Alright school
- Downtown is a great area to hang around
- Pretty quiet on normal days.

Cons

- Too boring
- An area near city limits that holds a group of delinquents and gangs
- Not too many places to have fun
- Park is occupied by gangs sometimes(rarely though)

boogie woogie feng shui
Pros:

-Close to the downtown area. The city here is very clean, nice and shiney new, but is also built around "the old city," which is still mainly unchanged from the 20's and 30's. It's a very lively, jazzy place, with lots of places to eat and see shows, some great art places and entertainment attractions. The pretty lights are alluring and it offers some fine nightlife.

-The weather. It's October 13th and today it was 77 degrees, which is nice and welcome. We've had a bad drought lately, but that's okay with me since I'm not a big fan of rain.

-Low crime rate. I've had a couple friends that have been mugged or witnessed some kind of smaller crimes downtown or around university campuses, and (though there have been 3 shootings here since July) it's mostly a safe place to live. I can walk around in my neighborhood after dark without having to worry about somebody sticking me or trying to steal my stuff.

-Good schools. The main university here and the one I go to are both great schools, with some really knowledgeable professors and many different courses of study.

-Diversity. The city I live in is fairly urban, but you can travel in any direction for a few miles and reach the suburbs, the ghetto, the country, or the mountains. Luckily, my city is mostly unaffected by some of the redneck aura in the rest of the Bible Belt.

Cons:

-Annoying college students. The main university here is a school known for its sports program, so there are a lot of really annoying college students around at all times, wearing the school colors (which are also an eyesore) and making a stink of things (ballgame traffic is really lame too). There's also a lot of clubbing going on on The Strip, which is where me and my friends hang out, so douchebag flock sightings are a fairly common occurance.

-Hobos. It's not that there's a lot more than any other city, it's just that they're so much more annoying. I nearly got in a street fight with a drunken guy harrassing one of my friends at a Starbucks. AT A STARBUCKS.

-The weather. It can go from cold and rainy to unbearably hot and humid in the course of a day. It's pretty ridiculous. It's mostly temperate but the outliers are harsh.

-Rednecks. Let's face it, these guys are everywhere. If you live anywhere below New Jersey then you know at least five personally. And my city definitely has no lack of uneducated slobbish white trash.

-Not a lot for people to do. Especially for free. There's a good enough variety of restaurants, and movie theaters, but if you're not in the market to eat or watch a movie then you're severely limited when it comes to general entertainment, especially after dark. My clique's hangouts are usually limited to Starbucks patios, parks, and our cars in random parking lots.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Current city: Fairfield, CA

Pros:
1. Home of the Jelly Belly and Budweiser
2. Nice names throughout and outside the city: Abernathy, Mankas, Cordelia, Suisun, Solano (Note that it is the capital of the Solano County), among others
3. Good apartments
4. Depending on what street of the city you live, everything's just a walk away (I.e. Game Crazy is only a few walks from my residence in E. Tabor ave.)

Cons:
1. MEXICANS who live here, speak spanish as well as the said language printed in every place and brochures (One thing that annoys me) :redface2:

Makes me want to move to Los Angeles...