Pros and Cons of GoGo Sentai Boukenger and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Hey guys, it is I, Sentaifan'07 Xman.

well, this is probably the first time that I have posted a topic here in the Power Chamber, but who cares. Well, I have picked something from Rangerboard and I think you might find it somewhat interesting. What are The Pros and Cons of both GoGo Sentai Boukenger and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive. I know that we're pretty much close to the end of this year and we're now focused on the upcoming Jungle Fury and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight of next year, so I thought I might let this year end with a BANG!!!!

So in case you guys would like to know what I am talking about, here is the link to the topic on Rangerboard:
http://http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=111731

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons to both shows and share your opinions on what should have happened within those shows. Love, Peace& Chicken Grease.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Lurker
Fixed link:
www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=111731

Boukenger:

Pro:
Good characters
good acting
a red who is not a "baby"
lots of mech combinations
Natsuki
Shizuka
Boukenger VS super sentaï

con:
no real plot
lack of depth in character development
no use of Masumi's dark side.
lack of kickass episodes

that sum it up for me about Boukenger. This show works like dekaranger but deka is way better. If it had either a storyline or a good character development it would have been nicer.

PROO
pro:
has a storyline
Spencer
once a ranger

con:
too many action, not enough story
most episodes look rushed
overuse of explosion and slow motion
grotesque vilain voices
Norg
Tyzone and his girlfriend who came from nowhere
Rushed ending
Dax
not enough character development due to not enough episodes.
bad scenarios
no good acting
Pinocchio I-Mack

PROO has a nice plot, so you can't really watch the episodes out of order, some funny episodes too. But, it focus way too much on action and special FX, leaving no space for a scenario.

Last edited:
GouGou Sentai Boukenger
Pros:
- Masumi, Souta, Sakura and Eiji
- Ryuuwon
- Yami no Yaiba
- Questers

Cons:
- Natsuki (she's just plain annoying)
- Akashi (idealistic Red but too dull in personality)
- Gajah (I hate the way he talks, urgh!)
- boring storyline
- too episodic

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Pros:
- Mack, Will, Ronny and Rose (dunno about Tyzonn, I stopped watching after Follow The Ranger)
- Villains (thank gawd they didn't keep Gajah!)
- storyline (waaaaay better than Boukenger)

Cons:
- Dax (this annoying asshole should just fucking DIE!)

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
GoGo Sentai Boukenger

Pros:
Natsuki-She is too damn cuuuuutttteeee!!!!
Sakura-ultimately hot
Eiji-badass
Good Cast
GoGo Vehicles
Excellent Mecha
Henshin sequence
Great Movie
The Questers
The Dark Shadow, especially Kaze no Shizuka
Natsuki's secret past
Akashi's Bad luck:laugh: :laugh:
Zubaaaaaaannn!!!!!
Great Advernture Theme

Cons:
No depth in character development
No overall plot
No focus on Masumi and Akashi's rivalry
No focus on the Akashi/Sakura relationship
No focus on the Masumi/Natsuki relationship
BoukenPink and Yellow's suit actors were men.
Boukenger vs. Super Sentai(Hate AkaRed)
Ryuuon's death
Gajah(don't like his voice.)
Lack of kickass episodes
No usage of Masumi's power of darkness

In my opinion, they should done more work on making the Boukengers not like an iffy version of Gekisou Sentai Carranger meets Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman, but more like Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger meets Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoV, but with a deeper storyline and better character development.

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive

Pros:
Ronny, Rose, and Tyzonne-in personalities
Miriatirx
Spencer
Mack and Moltor's final duel-very epic
Adam and Alpha VII's return in "Once A Ranger":thumbs:
"Okay" storyline, but not the best I have seen
Sentinnel Knight introduced as the main character in General-Go extra heroes!!!!

Cons:
Dax-what a loser
Will being the Black Power Ranger in general
Norg-enough with the damn bumbling sidekicks in Power Rangers
Bad Fighting choreography
Overusage of wire-work and "Kalishplosion"
Too much of the "Hii-ya" battle cries
Morphin' sequence was too fast forward
Not enough character development
Mack is an Android-Pinocchio!!!!!
the final episode (Sentinnel Knight acting like he's Jesus)
Sentinnel Knight's physical and ghost forms-didn't buy the cape.
Horrible villian voice actors
Miriatrix's new haircut-looked like she's wearing a wig.
Lame Theme song-bring back the 90's
Bridge's return as the Red Ranger-Sorry, I like Bridge, but I perfer Sky as the SPD Red Ranger.
Adam's new theme music in "Once A Ranger"
Alpha's horiffic voice acting.
Roll Call
Bad names for the Megazords, except for the Battlefleet Megazord

Well, I am just not sure what to say about Operation Overdrive, I think it was a total waste. It was reduce to like a more cheezier, iffy, un-cool version of the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers meets Pinnochio and Indiana Jones. If it was more like Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue meets GoGo Sentai Boukenger combined with Power Rangers Zeo, then things would have been different.

But, you live and you learn as I always say.

Last edited:
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I found the Zords and most MOTW in Bouken/PROO to have HORRIBLE design. Only a handful of monsters looked good, mostly Moltor's (not that we did have a lot of monsters to begin with. It was very lite on monsters).

The mechs were just ugly and clunky in design. Not likeable AT ALL!

I don't have low self esteem.
Boukenger

Pros
- Natsuki!! :anime: She was so cute and had sweet pigtails.
- Natsuki's clumsyness provided the comic relief to Boukenger.
- Chise Nakamura has a nice butt (as do pretty much many girls).
- Good storyline.
- Nice suit designs.

Cons
- The mecha fight scenes seemed pretty boring.
- The villians were a bit boring.

PROO

Pros
- The first episode seemed interesting.
- Adam was back for 1 episode ("Always a Ranger").

Cons
- Even though the first episode seemed interesting it didn't tempt me to keep following the series.
- Not even Adam's comeback saved "Always a Ranger" from being lame.
- Adam's CGI morph was okay but nothing special and I would've preferred them to use the original morph for the nostalgic feel.
- They didn't use the "Go Go Power Rangers" theme song because Mighty Raw wouldn't let them.
- Lacks Chise Nakamura's butt (and her pigtails).

Last edited:
It's Judgement Time!
Boukenger:
Pro (do I have to?)
-Great red ranger
-Interesting back story for Black and Yellow rangers.
-Moderately entertaining personalities for the characters.
-Memorable villains
-Episode 10. Episode 10!
-Great music

Cons
-Yellow Ranger.
-Most rangers are cut paste jobs of your typical japanese personality/character.
-Episode 11. Episode. fucking. 11. God DAMMIT.
-Nothing really went on during an episode and dialog was mostly long winded, obvious, and boring.

PROO
Pros
-Interesting Red Ranger surprise and story (android)
-... I got nothin.

Cons
-No effort to write any episodic plots or storylines. Almost every episode followed the same formula of fight fight fight, talk about treasure, fight fight fight.

-Characters feel faceless at the end of the series. Like they arent individuals. Their hobbies and specialities didnt come up enough. Their personalities took a back seat in favor of explosions and action.

-Flurious was the single most useless, pointless, and wasted villain on PR. He did nothing, he was hardly funny, and he sent no monsters. Why we even saw Flurious in certain episodes boggled my mind as he had nothing to offer to the episode other than a reminder that he existed.

-Silver Ranger and his GF: They already did this story. Back in SPD. And they did an amazing job. No, we werent told why Gruumm had her locked away all this time. Maybe he didnt. Maybe A-Squad found her recently and he would use that to his advantage. But it wasnt explained. Still, it was acceptable to those who loved the season. They do the same fucking story again and do it worse. There's no reason why Mercury ranger wouldnt tell the rangers about his GF. Doggie had a reason. But dont you think you would have been grieving, or showing signs of mental anguish, or mention SOMETHING about your beloved one being in the cave? If you arent going to tell the rangers the first or second time. Then why the **** would you blurt it out of nowhere when a monster shows up? The writing was sloppy and stupid. And the way Norg just walked out with her at the end like a little prize. "here you go, search over". and still absolutely nothing about why Moltor fucking has her in the first place.

-The writers sucked this season. Plain and simple.

-Dax: I hated the way the actor played this character. He tried too hard to be Bridge. He needed to be his own and his dialog was painful. I wanted to punch Dax in the throat everytime he talked.

-Norg was a decent villain concept that never went anywhere and wasnt really funny.

I don't have low self esteem.
-Dax: I hated the way the actor played this character. He tried too hard to be Bridge. He needed to be his own and his dialog was painful. I wanted to punch Dax in the throat everytime he talked.

He's not retarded, he's RESMARTED!! :laugh: :p

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Boukenger

Pros
- Natsuki!! :anime: She was so cute and had sweet pigtails.
- Natsuki's clumsyness provided the comic relief to Boukenger.
- Chise Nakamura has a nice butt (as do pretty much many girls).
- Good storyline.
- Nice suit designs.

Cons
- The mecha fight scenes seemed pretty boring.
- The villians were a bit boring.

PROO

Pros
- The first episode seemed interesting.
- Adam was back for 1 episode ("Always a Ranger").

Cons
- Even though the first episode seemed interesting it didn't tempt me to keep following the series.
- Not even Adam's comeback saved "Always a Ranger" from being lame.
- Adam's CGI morph was okay but nothing special and I would've preferred them to use the original morph for the nostalgic feel.
- They didn't use the "Go Go Power Rangers" theme song because Mighty Raw wouldn't let them.
- Lacks Chise Nakamura's butt (and her pigtails).

Well, I thought the Dark Shadows and the Questers were cool, but as I said before the main reason why I liked the Dark Shadow was becuase of the hottie, hot, hot, hot, hottie named Kaze no Shizuka. I agree with you on the cons of some parts for Adam's comeback in "Once A Ranger", but I guess it never occur to Disney that should have bought the MMPR music from Saban....wait, what am I saying? anyways, yeah. I think they should have kept Ron Wesserman as the music composer for the rest of the Power Rangers season, he only the theme for SPD and that was cool. Thanks for backing me up on Chise/Natsuki on the Boukenger Pros, she is just too damn cuuuuuutttteeeee!!!!!!!:shakefist