Proplica News and Discussion

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
So this is a very out of left field announcement but we're getting a new adult oriented roleplay toy line that's starting off with Sailor Moon's Moon Wand..this looks like Japan's answer to the Legacy stuff BOA's been doing:

[hide]

[/hide]

The Moon Wand is coming out in April 2014 for 8800 yen which is very reasonable considering how expensive the AKibaranger roleplay toys were.

Going forward…I'm very interested in seeing what Bandai does next with this line.

arnoldmcguire335

Continuing the Creddie legacy
I wonder if they could also do some Pretty Cure weapons and stuff in the new line, and release some Sentai weapons in there too. Boy the possibilities will be endless in this new line.

Clocktower

I wonder if they could also do some Pretty Cure weapons and stuff in the new line, and release some Sentai weapons in there too. Boy the possibilities will be endless in this new line.
Yeah, I'd love to see them do their own version of the "legacy morpher". A screen accurate dinobuckler with none of the silly sounds. A lot of the Precure weapons/items could be great too, since Precure usually gets screwed pretty hard when it comes to DX toys. I'd especially love to see the Heart Perfume devices, I think they'd be great display items.

Maybe this is how bandai would release the 1/1 scale Deka-Wapper that we saw a while back as well as maybe the other Akibaranger weapons. Looking forward to seeing more to come.

Or maybe they'd finally release KR Eternal's Eternal Edge weapon that we never got a Dx release of, that would be awesome!

Jedah Crow

Dull Brilliance
I would expect them to do other series as well. The success of the Z-Cunes from Akiba Ranger is probably what prompted them to make a new label for 1:1 roleplay toys in the first place.

arnoldmcguire335

I would expect them to do other series as well. The success of the Z-Cunes from Akiba Ranger is probably what prompted them to make a new label for 1:1 roleplay toys in the first place.
In case they reissue it, they should reissue it under this line, complete with Proplica logo and all.

Silent_X

I can't decide if Proplica is the best or worst collectible line name.

1:1 Roleplay toys...

Imagine 1:1 roleplay swords...none of those DX butter knives in our Kamen Rider or Super Sentai...
Yeah, I could get into this line if they do that kind of stuff.
The stubby blades are one of the main reasons I can't get into roleplay toys.

The Legacy Dragon Dagger kind of feels like it would belong in this line.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I can't decide if Proplica is the best or worst collectible line name.

The Legacy Dragon Dagger kind of feels like it would belong in this line.
I can see them repacking the Legacy Morpher with a Zyuranger plate for this line, actually.

arnoldmcguire335

Just bumping to say something related to the upcoming Kyoryuger keys,
They should make a Proplica Mobirates (The Gokaiger one, not the Legend one) in which its audio bank can be updated through USB whenever a new team or team member debuts.

But of course they'll keep the functions and audio from both the Regular and Legend Mobirates, (As in both VS and Examine modes stay in the same unit) and also retain the size from the toy version and use rechargeable batteries.

Silent_X

Just bumping to say something related to the upcoming Kyoryuger keys,
They should make a Proplica Mobirates (The Gokaiger one, not the Legend one) in which its audio bank can be updated through USB whenever a new team or team member debuts.

But of course they'll keep the functions and audio from both the Regular and Legend Mobirates, (As in both VS and Examine modes stay in the same unit) and also retain the size from the toy version and use rechargeable batteries.
Do the exclusive ranger keys that don't work int he mobirates, like the Akibaranger ones, still have unique teeth? Considering the mobirates's gimmick is a mechanical one I could see that being a problem eventually.

arnoldmcguire335

Do the exclusive ranger keys that don't work int he mobirates, like the Akibaranger ones, still have unique teeth? Considering the mobirates's gimmick is a mechanical one I could see that being a problem eventually.
In such cases, maybe they can use a non-mechanical reader, like reading the teeth design to immediately prepare the right sounds.

Actar

Otaku University Student
PV up and it's amazing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRMMHHZsNEA"]2014?4??????PROPLICA ????????? ????????? - YouTube[/ame]

ClimaxHeroDen-O

Ore, Sanjou!
1:1 Roleplay toys...

Imagine 1:1 roleplay swords...none of those DX butter knives in our Kamen Rider or Super Sentai...
*sigh* honestly, you don't need to bash on them like this, because there are legit reasons why they're like that. A. so they can be sold at reasonable prices, and B. because they're scaled down for the kids they're targeted at; what seems small to an adult collector is often the right size for a kid. plus, to a kid, the play features are usually more important than accuracy

now, while I'm not against the idea of 1:1 toku weapons, a lot of them would theoretically be quite expensive, and in some cases it'd likely be more cost-efficient to just make your own