Sweet Sweets
Yeah, yeah! I know you too! You're the idiot that can't look straight! Echo thought, oblivious to the fact that Verde took out a MechaSet that was about to jump her. Xue was fed up using the gun and was about to toss it when she noticed a card with two swords on it. Ah, some actual weapons! Inserting the card in the gun, Xue fired it and two swords materialized from the resulting explosion. Holstering her CardGun, Xue caught the swords and began slashing at the nearby MechaSets, a loud piercing noise emmanating from each strike.

Last edited:
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Blaze and Venus emerged from a secret doorway onto the campus lawn. There they saw all the other Sectfighters engaged in battle, nearby the meteorite was still smoking in its crater and a few insects monsters were still crawling out of it, but much less than when Usui had looked out from his window.

"Let's get in there." Said Usui.

They were about to join the fray when a group of insectoids similar to the one that attacked Saori's class landed from the rooftops. How they got there was anybody's guess. The important was that they were going toward the main group with an obvious goal in their insect mind.

"They're trying to surround them. Venus! The CardGuns." Declared Blaze, pulling out his gun and a data card.

"Scatter Shot Card in." He said calmly as he inserted the card into the weapon that started to hum lightly.

"Fire."

A single blast escaped the weapon before it suddenly split into four smaller ball of energy that each took a specific trajectory, hitting the group of insectoid. Only two were left and they realised the prescence of the newcomers and went straight at them. Venus was fumbling with her cards, not sure which one to use when she just randomly picked one.

"Dazzle Shot Card in! FIRE!"

She fired with a shakey hand, the recoil sending her stepping back as a projectile shot toward the two advancing MechaSect. It missed the one in front and just before it hit the one in the back it exploded in a bright flash, leaving behind a hail of sparkling bits that reflected light. The creature groaned a complaint as the attack had blinded him and the remaining reflectors were not aiding his recovery.

The remaining one kept charging. Venus squealed and Blaze stepped up, nearly in a flash, in front of her. Using all his skills he caught the attacker's arm with one hand and made him over on his back with almost no effort.

"Still work on those things. Commented Usui, casually pulling out a new orangey card. He let go of the creature's arm but firmly planted a foot on the thing's chest before inserting the new card in his Sectreader.

"Blaze Canon, appear." He instructed, the weapon materialising on his arm just as the Mechasect started to struggle and futilely attacked his armored leg.

"Remember Saori-chan: No hesitation." He said, returning the SectReader to its holster "No mercy."

And with that he fired with his Blaze Canon at the creature point blank. Its entire head was disintegrated and the body went limp.

Saori stared, her mouth agape beneath her helmet "Y...yes... Usui-kun." She managed to say.

The action had off course attracted the attention of the other Sectfighters. Usui was actually counting on it as the dazzled insectoid would still need dispatching.

Sweet Sweets
Xue had finished slashing her MechaSets to pieces when she noticed all the commotion the two newcomers-- Blaze and Venus --were making, and saving them in the process. They had someone pick up that frilly waste of metal already?! Her right eye twitched from behind her helmet upon seeing the Venus armor, obviously hating the look of it. Noticing the remaining MechaSet was blinded, Echo rushed in and quickly chopped off the creature's head, it's body slumping to the ground and twitching. "Let me guess, you did all the work while the weakling hid behind you?" Echo said towards Blaze and belittling Venus in the process.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Usui's eyebrow rose behind his helmet. He looked back at Venus, then to Echo.

Saori looked down, ashamed of herself.

"I assure you that Venus' slow reaction time is due to inexperience, rather than weakness. Once adjusted to her new function she will be a valuable asset to our team. All help, no matter how small, helps."

Saori looked up, breathing a little 'thanks' that nobody could hear. She was glad her cousin believed in her. Everyone thought he was cold but she knew he had a good heart. She looked higher into the sky promising to herself that she wouldn't hesitate anymore.

She gasped, something was falling down from the sky, right toward the other girl in armor.

"Look out!" She said, tackling her out of the way as a bigger insectoid landed, barely missing them and Blaze.

Usui dodged the last green four legged monster as it landed loudly. He recognized the sharp and thick curved claws at the end of its arms as the one that had caused the tunnel to collapse before him and his cousin. Without hesitation he fired with his Blaze Canon, causing burn mark to appear on the bigger creature's chest. He dodged a swing from its massive claw and fired again trying to hit it in the head but the creature used its armored arm to block the attack.

"Venus! Use your Dazzle Shot. Echo! Slash at his arm joint to disable it while I target the head." He barked, assessing the situation.

Sweet Sweets
(OOC: Sorry for the delayed response.)

Xue didn't know what was the larger disgrace: being saved by what she perceived as a useless armor or Blaze ordering her around shortly after. "Okay, Mr. Know it all! Let's see if your little plan works!" Leaping back to her feet, Echo jumped towards the over sized insect and did her part, slicing the arm joint and rendering it useless to the monster. Damn, he was right! Let's see if the weakling can pull off her part of the plan.

Last edited:
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
"Dazzle Shot card in! FIRE!" This time Saori knew what to do and she wasn't taken by surprise by the recoil of her weapon.

The shot exploded and the creature roared, blinded by the attack. Its useless arms were flailing around.

"Explosive Shot Card in." Declared Blaze, standing still and completly cool mere feets away from the insect's reach as he slided the card into his gun.

"Fire." He opened fire repeatedly.

The projectiles fired this time around started to explode on contact. Hitting the MechSect in the chest, shoulders and eventually the face. Two rapid shot totalled his shoulders, finishing off the work started by Echo as without the shoulder armor the joints could no longer sustain the weight of the giant claws and both arms felt to the ground.

The creature, weakened, collapsed to its knees, or a similar joint, right in front of Blaze.

He took time to aim his CardGun.

"Like I said to Saori earlier: No Hesitation. No Mercy." ((OOC: I think I'll make that his catchphrase, what do you think? :p ))

The force of the explosion threw the monster on its back.

"Good job you two." Calmly stated Blaze. "We'll make an effective squad."

"Good thing it's over." Said Saori as she walked closer to her cousin.

That's when a screeching sound echoed through the campus and the ground shook beneath their feet. The meteor literally exploded, sending shards of rock all around. Blaze stayed calm and fired with the CarDgun, still in Explosive Shot mode forward, creating an explosion that deflected incoming shards. A creature burst out of the crater, screeching. It was another big MechSect. This one had one thing over the other models they had encountered so far.

It could fly.

Blaze started at it, letting loose a few blasts that were swiftly avoided by the creature "Seems like we have more work to do. We should go regroup with the rest of the Sectfighters. They might need the help of your Dazzle Shot and Stun Shot cards Venus."

Venus gasped "This thing is huge! We have to stop it before innocent people get hurt!"

Last edited:
Sweet Sweets
Seeing Venus step up to the plate rather nicely didn't impress Xue. It was just a fluke. Let's see if she keeps up that record of success. She was also annoyed by Blaze's comment that they would make a great squad. Who put him in charge?! I was chosen first for this squad, I should be in charge of it! The flying MechaSect made her change her plans on confronting Blaze for leadership....at least for the moment. There will be plenty of time on settling the chain of command later.

"Well, Zhuge Liang*, I'll tell the others! You and that frilly thing hold it off for the time being!" She directed this towards Blaze as she heading for the other Sectfighters to fill them in on the situation, but the tone in which she said it made it confusing on whether she was giving him a compliment or just venting some anger. Not wanting to speak with Gold, she instead went up to Rosso, who she didn't know that it was the girl-- Megumi --that she punched earlier. "I'm not the one asking for help, but those two over there need it in taking out that thing." She pointed in the sky towards the MechaSet, which was buzzing around and circling Blaze and Venus.

(*Zhuge Liang- A great strategist during China's Three Kingdoms era.)

Megumi, witnessing Shun summon his Azul blade, smirked underneath her helmet as she watched her partner, or rather, her squad leader, hack and slash away at the hordes of MetaSects surrounding the two of them. Dr. Akagi....I'm so glad my hard work in this project paid off... Megumi thought to herself, finishing off the last of their group of MetaSects with her HornBlade. "I am impressed, Kazuma-kun. I can't say I can match you in terms of fighting skill," she chuckled, giving Azul a thumbs-up to indicate a good job. She then turned to the other Sectfighters present in the area, taking note of the MetaSects that kept them busy. "Quad Laser" Megumi yelled, summoning her own personal weapon for the first time. In an instant, an arm-mounted weapon similar to Azul's formed, only with a four-muzzle blaster instead of a sword. "How about we help the others out and get this over with, Kazuma-kun?" she told Shun, raising her Quad Laser for him to see.
Shun agreed to that idea. "Yea lets give our friends some help and kick some ass while we're at it!" He told her impressed by her fighting moves. He picked up his Hornblade then ran towards the other armored warriors that were in battle as well. "Hey guys! Mind if we cut in!?" He asked as he sliced another Mechasect in two with his Hornblade and Azul Blade.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
"She doesn't like us much I think." Commented Saori, watching Echo rush off to Rosso.

"Possible. I might have offended her by giving her orders without formal introduction." Replied Usui.

The giant flying MechaSect slashed at a nearby building, totally demolishing a row of windows and sending debris falling down to the ground. The two hero dodged the avalanche of stone and glass and headed straight for the main group instead.

Two of the few remaining humanoid insects charged at them from different angle. Without even thinking about it Venus unleashed a blast from her CardGun, still in Dazzle Shot mode, that hit one of the two. While it was disabled she reached for another card.

"Basic Shot Card in! FIRE!" And fired a series of base blast, sending the creatre reeling with every hit before finishing it off.

Meanwhile a shot of Blaze Canon was all it took to take care of the second one.

They finally met up with Rosso and Echo.

"Blaze and Venus reporting m'am." Declared Blaze "The flying enemy unit is attacking the buildings."

"We can't hit it all by ourselves, we have to work together before people get hurt! Its attacking the buildings!" pleaded Venus.

That's when a loud noise caught everyone's attention as an assault from the flying bug totalled the tower's clock and sent its bell falling to the roof of the building below.

((OOC: Forgot to mention I'm leaving until later tomorrow so Kain and Denjin please cover for me.))

Last edited:
Jiro had taken an "inactive" role during the course of the battle. While everyone else was battling the creatures, Jiro had merely observed the battle from a safe spot. This was not something you saw everyday. The others seemed to just put on their armor and fight these... things without asking a single question. Jiro had several hundred on his mind.

What was this armor?

What were these things that they're fighting?

What the hell is going on?!

"Well... I should help anyway. Now, how does this thing work?" Jiro pulled his Input Cardgun from his holster, giving it a quick lookover. Then, he pulled a random card from his card case and slowly slid it into his gun. Then, he pointed it at a lone insect creature.

"Er... fire." Suddenly, a giant tornado shot out from the gun, sending Jiro flying backwards... missing the insect completely. Instead, the giant tornado smashed into an insect creature that flew high above, knocking the creature out of the air and sending it into a tailspin toward the ground. Jiro lifted himself from the ground and gazed at the flying insect as it smashed into the ground, twitching slightly before becoming still.

"Dude... did I do that?"