0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pride

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2004-01-12

Cast: Takuya Kimura, Yûko Takeuchi, Kenji Sakaguchi, Matsumoto Kōshirō X, Ryuta Sato, Noriko Nakagoshi, Megumi, Yuriko Ishida, Koichi Sato, Kazuki Namioka, Saori Takizawa, Tetsu Kayama

Overview: The theme is strength and gallantry.Haru Satonaka is the captain of an ice-hockey team, a star athlete who stakes everything on hockey but can only consider love as a game. Aki Murase is a woman who has been waiting for her lover who went abroad two years ago. These two persons start a relationship while frankly admitting to each other that it is only a love game. …The result is the unfolding of a drama of people with their respective pasts and with their pride as individuals.

For nearly a decade, this has been my go-to Jdrama and the one that got me into the genre. I enjoy romantic comedies from the 1990s and the 2000s the most. The popularity of Korean dramas may be greater at the moment, but don't overlook Jdramas just because.

California girl who is a firework
I am still sad that the lead actress Takeuchi Yuko committed suicide by hanging.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your end spammer
The drama is fantastic, with a compelling plot and writing and many authentic touches that reflect life on a professional ice hockey team. The entire group does a fantastic job of bringing their characters to life through their acting. Considering how much better and more in-depth this drama is compared to many newer dramas of the same genre with better-known actors, I find it hard to believe that it is an older piece of work.
It's on a totally different level, to put it simply. I feel like a star-struck adolescent who can't stop thinking about him and can't take her eyes off of him, and this is coming from a new, much older fan of kimura-san and his dramas, which I only recently discovered. After becoming engrossed in the main character's performance and facial expressions, I researched him online and started watching more of his excellent dramas. Indeed, I am completely authentic. The sheer number of young people who were fans of his while he was popular is beyond my comprehension.

I am Alive!
The Hockey part is a turn off for me since I don't like Sports related stuff even dramas and anime about sports, I skip to watch.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
Thanks for the recommendation but where can I find this? What streaming service streams a Jdrama this old?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database