The Premium Bandai website has just opened this new webpage, featuring a close up image of Captain Marvellous and featuring text that (according to the orends range blog) translates as simply "Lost Ranger Keys of Legend". At the bottom of the image is printed 2015 8.7 11.00 i.e. 11am, 7th August 2015, or this coming Friday!

Any Gokaiger fans looking forward to adding to their ranger key collection?

Ranger_Keys.jpg

I stuck it here because it's news. If the mods would prefer it there then I'm sure they'll re-home it :sweat:

Shining~
It's a news about Toys, though.

Still, this is an interesting news, what Ranger Key are they going to release? All sentai up to Gokaiger already have their Ranger Key. Are they going to release the newer sentai's Ranger Key?

And why Ranger Key, not a more recent sentai gimmick?

The Premium Bandai website has just opened this new webpage, featuring a close up image of Captain Marvellous and featuring text that (according to the orends range blog) translates as simply "Lost Ranger Keys of Legend". At the bottom of the image is printed 2015 8.7 11.00 i.e. 11am, 7th August 2015, or this coming Friday!

Any Gokaiger fans looking forward to adding to their ranger key collection?

Ranger_Keys.jpg

I translated it as "that is, the legend of the lost ranger keys." Semantics, I know. But the way it's worded...if this wasn't explicitly listed in the Gashapon Department, I'd almost think it was some new Gokaiger movie or something.

Either way, I'm excited! I LOVED Gokaiger but couldn't afford a Mobirates or Ranger Keys because I was a broke college student. I'm slightly less broke now though, so I may get whatever this turns out to be.

A new page on the site has appeared that reveals some new keys:

From Maskman, X1 Mask.
From Dekaranger, Deka Gold and Deka Bright.
From Go-Busters Returns, the alternate universe "Beastial Battery" Go-Busters with black visors, including Green Hippo and Black Puma (and including another J key - not sure if it's any different in appearance to existing ones).
From Hurricaneger 10 Years After, the black suited version of Hurricane Red.

There is a blacked-out key labelled as "secret" with the Goseiger logo behind it (so...probably Gosei Green?)

There is also a "coming soon" section of text that apparently uses the "all aboard!" catchphrase used by Right from ToQger during their roll call, so it seems likely that ToQger keys are coming.

Lurker
Since Sentai 40th anniversary is coming next year, I wonder if this means anything more than just Bandai wants to drain some more blood from us. But wouldn't these new keys need a new updated Mobirates so that they can actually work?

Since Sentai 40th anniversary is coming next year, I wonder if this means anything more than just Bandai wants to drain some more blood from us. But wouldn't these new keys need a new updated Mobirates so that they can actually work?
Well, draining us is kinda Bandai's reason for existing so...

The keys are the obvious one to continue really. IIRC collectables since then have done full teams but didn't go out of there way to do every ranger ever.

IIRC with previous keys sets that were released after the show, if you stick them in a Mobirates it would just shout "Super Sentai!" However they would come with a little grey cylinder (similar to the one that would pop out of the gokai saber or Gokai gun, though it's not intended to be a replacement piece) that would work correctly with the new keys. I would guess they'll do something similar with these.

Heh.
I wouldn't be surprised if 40th anniversary series would be "Gokaiger 2" or have some kind of V-Cinema Returns Special in next year, since they didn't have one, where Marvelous was too busy fighting with Decade. lol
But seriously, despite not a huge fan or didn't care too much about the series (*dodging tomatoes*), I would like to see them transform into Go-busters~Ninninger + 40th anniversary sentai team.