Power Rangers vs Super Sentai(Mostly Samurai vs Shinkenger)

I don't think it's really irony, I just think trying to copy the Sentai word for word usually ends up with the show being nothing but a poor imitation. I think PR has always done better when they've taken the core ideas, but done their own thing with it. RPM and Samurai are the the prime examples of this.

I'd hope with Goseiger they decide to shake things up, but considering how successful Samurai has been, I'm guessing they'll want to try and replicate that formula (although some things will obviously have to be changed again).

I totaly agree with you. The best power rangers for me have been those where they take the ideas from the super sentai but they do their own thing instead of just blinding coping it. Althoug I heard that "Wild force" and SPD are pretty similar to the sentai version. I like both Wild force and SPD but I havent seen Deka or Gaorangers so I cant be sure.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Are we still doing the whole "Hate Go-onger" bandwagon? I've only seen the first two episodes, and it's not that bad. I'm just not interested in continuing the series, though.

And good luck on Saban adapting Goseiger. I think the term "polishing a turd" comes to mind.

Hypocrisy much? "Let's not jump on the Go-onger bashing wagon, but we should all hate Goseiger because I don't like it waaaaahhh!"

Last edited:
Banned
i think its ironic that RPM made a bad Sentai look so great while PRS is turning a great Sentai into something awful =P oh well, better luck for them next year.

I just don't get the fan wanking over RPM. There was really nothing original about it.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I just don't get the fan wanking over RPM. There was really nothing original about it.

I think it's partly because people were relieved that it wasn't like Go-onger, and partly because it had that more "edgy" feel that seems to be popular, especially in comparison to Mystic Force through Jungle Fury

The new Tendou Souji
My theory is that they hated Go-Onger so much that as soon as RPM went to be a lil original, they swarmed all over it. (I've never seen the latter aside from a few clips so, can't say if it's good or not)

Just an Internet User Passing Thru

That's 'cause all the over 18+ PR fans basically shitted their pants when they saw that RPM was all "OOHHH GRIMDARK" :169: :p