Power Rangers: Shinkenger 2011 (News Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade Dancer

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Facebook > Twitter.

No contest, there.

As far as I know. It was the Saban era that would take the Sentai suits and "Jew" them to death (cheapen the **** out of them).

You can tell the difference from PRWF to PRNS.

One thing Disney did right was keep the actual suits/material that was sent to them from Toei.

I'm told one of the reasons that happened is because the SS guys wouldn't always wash the washable suits or anything before sending them to the States, so they had often kind of disintigrated before PR got a chance to use them. The cheaper-looking suits were because they had to remake so many of them.

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Surprised nobody posted these, from the the Power Morphicon Facebook from the booth at Comic-Con:

37686_10150234853180637_226350690636_13653961_8265117_n.jpg

37559_10150235397010637_226350690636_13668382_3126235_n.jpg

38403_10150235536485637_226350690636_13672748_1774173_n.jpg

DarkBlaze

For any lurking auditioners on here, here is a post from someone on Backstage:

Originally posted by Actnow:
OK NEW INFO ON POWER RANGERS!!!!

THEY HAD FINAL CALLBACKS THIS WEEK ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY! WITH NZ PRODUCER.

My manager just called me not too long ago and said they want to see me again, so i got another final callback (FOURTH CALLBACK) for the green ranger lol! she also said they lowered the groups tremendously so its a smaller group then the THRID CALLBACK. Also she said to keep next week free because they havnt scheduled the date they are going to see us!

So you should get a call today if u got a FOURTH FINAL CALLBACK!

Dami-chan

Just Scratch Behind the Ears
Actually during the Disney era it was still standard practice to make new suits off the patterns of the few they're sent from Toei. I just think they used material that was closer to that of the originals. You can still tell in some scenes but it is a lot harder.

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
I wonder if the Nickelodeon Rangers mosied over to the PMC booth. Would love to see a pic like that. Was the White Ranger there only for the PMC booth?

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Could this mean anything for international distribution of Power Rangers?

Nickelodeon has struck numerous international deals that will spread its animated series across central Asia and Japan, World Screen reports.

Sony's Animax channel in Japan will add Nick Time, a half-hour programming block that will air three times a week, to its schedule. The anthology block will launch on September 1 with episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants.

Nickelodeon has also licensed more than 400 half-hours of programming to networks in Kazakhstan, Albania, and Slovenia, including episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, The Penguins of Madagascar, Danny Phantom, and The Fairly OddParents.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/34460/nick-intl-signs-new-deals-across-asia

Dizagaox

Probably not. Viacom are officially only distributing the series in the USA. Saban will arrange its own distributors for other markets. For example, I'd put money on Disney nabbing the rights in India.

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
For right now Viacom is only airing it in the US. While we know that Toei will take care of any Power Ranger airings in the Asia's, it would be smart for Saban/Toei to jump on Nick's extended market and show the Power Rangers on Nick internationally. That way all sides get benefited.

For any lurking auditioners on here, here is a post from someone on Backstage:

Originally posted by Actnow:
OK NEW INFO ON POWER RANGERS!!!!

THEY HAD FINAL CALLBACKS THIS WEEK ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY! WITH NZ PRODUCER.

My manager just called me not too long ago and said they want to see me again, so i got another final callback (FOURTH CALLBACK) for the green ranger lol! she also said they lowered the groups tremendously so its a smaller group then the THRID CALLBACK. Also she said to keep next week free because they havnt scheduled the date they are going to see us!

So you should get a call today if u got a FOURTH FINAL CALLBACK!

I wonder if they are only calling back people for GREEN since green went first on monday

did anyone else get a callback for next week already???

I wonder if they are only calling back people for GREEN since green went first on monday

did anyone else get a callback for next week already???

Nothing for me yet, but there's also the part where he doesn't know what day the callback is, so they may not be contacting everyone till they know the days

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
This topic has grown astoundingly large! its time to lock and digivolve to the next stage! Champion level baby! Please continue the discussion in the newest Power Rangers Samurai news thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts