It's Judgement Time!
*** If you have any information, please post it in this thread and the first post will be updated ****Recently Added:
[Power Rangers.com] [Official Facebook page!][Official Twitter page!] [Official Youtube]
[Power Rangers.com] [Official Facebook page!][Official Twitter page!] [Official Youtube]
A new generation of Power Rangers must master the mystical and ancient Samurai Symbols of Power which give them control over the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest, and Earth. Under the guidance of their all-knowing mentor and the aid of their devoted animal Zords, they battle the dark forces of the Netherword and a mysterious Warrior bent on destruction.
- 01/08/2010 - Red Ranger Promo on 5th post
- 12/23/2010 - Episode Preview in The Breakdown (at the top). Youtube encode will be posted in 5th post when it becomes available.
- 12/21/2010 - The foot soldiers are called Moogers!
- 11/25/2010 - First Look at Power Rangers Samurai promo! Check out the 5th post to watch!
Thanksgiving Day Parade video clip of the Power Rangers Samurai added to The Breakdown!
- 11/19/2010 - Updated 'Meet the Rangers' on the second post with fresh biographies of the rangers from nick.com!
- 11/09/2010 - 43 episodes of Power Rangers Samurai?! Check out 2011 coverage for a new interview with Elie!
- 11/08/2010 - The first PR Samurai promo! But when?! Checkout The Breakdown!
- 11/05/2010 - The Breakdown updated! Power Ranger Samurai toys w/ pics!
- 11/01/2010 - PR 2011 coverage updated. Power Rangers Samurai in the Macy's Parade?!
- 10/27/2010 - So where are those Power Rangers episodes on nick?
- 10/02/2010 - 2011 Coverage Updated! A new promotional video with picture! Power Rangers at Mipcom!
- 09/30/2010 - Our first Power Rangers Samurai promo! See it in 2011 coverage!
- 09/29/2010 - Could there be another Masked Rider x Power Ranger crossover? Check 2011 coverage for more.
- Have you heard Haim Saban's interview yet? You should. Check out 2011 coverage for more.
- 09/24/2010 - A lot of updates! Check out PR 2011 coverage, the Wallpapers, and
Evil Master Xandred may be our villains name this season!
- 09/23/2010 - Updated 'Meet the Rangers' with some new character banners and added their new names!
- 09/22/2010 - The next season's title is... Power Rangers Samurai! *cue unreleased theme song*
- 09/09/2010 - Rene Naufahu (Emperor Gruumm from SPD) returns to Power Rangers!
Check out 'Meet The Rangers' section for more!
- 08/29/2010 - 2011 Coverage updated!
- 08/17/2010 - Saban buys 'Julius The Monkey' owner! More in 2011 coverage!
- 08/13/2010 - ***** **** is Skinny Mack! Discuss!
- 08/06/2010 - The cast has been revealed! visit the second post to meet the newest Power Ranger force!
Tony Oliver has been confirmed as a writer for this season! More on The Breakdown!
- 08/05/2010 - The Green and Yellow Rangers have been revealed!
- 08/04/2010 - Updated Actor Auditions - All Rangers have been updated! Cast revelation coming soon!
- 08/03/2010 - Updated Actor Auditions - Skinny Mack!
- 08/01/2010 - Updated 'Audition Controversy'! Added a Wallpaper! Added two Music Videos!
Have you seen this video yet? It's located in 2011 coverage! Check our wonderful Music Video section as well!
- 07/30/2010 - Updated 'Audition Controversy'! Updated Actor Auditions!
- 07/29/2010 - Updated Actor Auditions - Unknown! Added 'Audition Controversy' to third post!
- 07/26/2010 - Updated 2011 Coverage! Must-see MarVista Promotional video!!
- 07/25/2010 - Updated The Breakdown! Updated 2011 Coverage!
- 07/24/2010 - Updated 2011 Coverage! Updated Sources! Reorganized Actor Auditions - Now you can know which role each actor auditioned for!
- 07/23/2010 - New Thread! Updated Breakdown! Updated Sources!
- 07/22/2010 - Updated the Breakdown! (Power Rangers attend the Comic Con!) Updated Sources!
Just the facts, ma'am.
Just the facts, ma'am.
- EPISODE PREVIEW
- The newest season of Power Rangers will be adapted from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
- Power Rangers will keep its 'Samurai' theme for two years!
Aggressive rollout ahead for Power Rangers
The return of the Power Rangers to Saban Brands will mean an aggressive rollout onto multimedia platforms, a new Samurai theme and even a bit more "fun," according to Saban Brands prexy Elie Dekel.
"We're embracing the new digital media age," said Dekel of the planned apps, games and streaming content, adding that Ranger-related live entertainment and a feature film are on the horizon. Saban Brands also announced the Samurai theme for the upcoming season, premiering next year on Nickelodeon. While themes changed annually in years past, the Samurai theme will extend for two years.
"We always introduce new elements throughout the course of the season, including the occasional new ranger," said Dekel, adding that Saban will keep the five original rangers and other core elements of the nearly 20-year-old "Power Rangers" series.
"The DNA remains constant," Dekel added.
New announcements come on the heels of Saban's re-acquisition of the series from Disney in May ( Daily Variety , May 14). The Mouse House had purchased the series from Saban in 2001. The company will also bring back Jonathan Tzachor, who produced hundreds of episodes since the early nineties.
"Haim Saban and his team have created a property with incredible staying power, and we're excited to partner with them on this newest chapter of 'Power Rangers, ' " said Cyma Zarghami, president, Nickelodeon and MTVN Kids and Family Group.
" 'Power Rangers' is one of the world's leading children's entertainment properties and we are delighted that the control of its destiny is in our hands," said Haim Saban, chairman and CEO of Saban Capital Group.
- Saban has made a new deal with Namco Bandai and Bandai America, for the toys as usual and new video games from Namco.
[hide]â€œBandai America is committed to developing innovative toys that will reignite the Power Rangers brand as it embarks upon its third decade of pop culture dominance,â€ said Masayuki Matsuo, chairman and chief executive officer, Bandai America Incorporated. â€œThe renewal of the Bandai and Saban collaboration will spark new fans and bolster longtime fan loyalty by delivering quality entertainment and create imaginative, modern play experiences.â€Wide range of consumer products planned, including toys and video games.
"Handheld and console games for Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo are also in development."
- 700 old episodes (original MMPR to RPM) will air on Nicktoons 7 days a week!
- The new season will feature 43 episodes. (source)
- Jonathan Tzachor will be in charge of the new 18th season. Tzachor has been a producer on Power Rangers since the beginning with MMPR and was responsible for many fan favorite seasons such as InSpace and Time Force.
- Tony Oliver has confirmed that he is writing for the 2011 season of Power Rangers.
- Saban is making deals for a movie. Nothing else has been announced. Most likely it will through Paramount Films, which Nickelodeon is allied with. Nickelodeon has been developing a new film division, with Ninja Turtles being one of the productions.
- Movie production workers from Auckland, such as costume designers and set painters are being offered three-year contracts on [TV show] Power Rangers. (this means Saban is serious about quality with Power Rangers!)
- Ron Wasserman will not be returning to perform music for the show in any capacity.
- Brian Casentini will help develop new Power Rangers skein -- Haim Saban's new shingle Saban Brands has named Brian Casentini veep of development and production.
- Nickelodeon/Paramount might not have the dvd rights to Power Rangers. It's rumored Saban Brands is looking for a third party to publish and distribute such dvds.
[hide]The long-running show has morphed into many forms over the years: it was established in 1993 as the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, since then the series has gone through 14 more incarnations (not to mention a pair of theatrical movies!) through to 2009's Power Rangers RPM. The shows were originally produced by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy at Saban Entertainment. In 1995 Fox wanted to establish their loosely-named "Fox Kids" lineup as an actual company holding that became "Fox Family Worldwide", and a merger with Saban Ent. was part of that process (generally speaking, it was Fox that produced the two Power Ranger box office films, and it is thought that Fox therefore continues to hold rights to them even now, as a result). In 2001, Fox sold off the "Fox Family Worldwide" subsidiary to Disney, where it became ABC Family Worldwide. With that sale Saban stopped producing any of these series as of Power Rangers Wild Force; mid-show Disney/Buena Vista took over production. But Disney ended production of new episodes in 2009 with RPM, and for the 2010 season only re-purposed the original Morphin' episodes for broadcast. There have been roughly 30 DVD releases in the USA over the years (including the two films), but all have been single-disc releases, often of a "themed"/"best-of" nature; it is rare for any of the 15 Power Rangers programs to have every episode released on DVD in the States. Although Disney-affiliated Jetix has caused season-set releases of various PR incarnations to happen overseas, Disney has shown little interest in doing similar packages in North America. Nor had they come to the negotiating table when "indie" studios (such as Shout! Factory) expressed an interest in licensing the DVD rights. This has been the hold-up for Power Rangers season sets thus far. A week ago, however, it was announced that Haim Saban's newly-formed Saban Brands company had re-acquired the rights to the original 15 programs from Disney. The following day a press release announced that Saban Brands had finalized a deal with Nickelodeon to begin re-airing the existing 700 episodes on the NickToons channel, with a new 16th incarnation of the show planned to broadcast on Nickelodeon and NickToons in 2011. In the past week, we've received e-mails from passionate fans, who assume this means that Nickelodeon/Paramount MUST therefore have the DVD rights to these old episodes, yes? Well, hold on there...don't go assuming that! NOTHING in any of the public announcements has mentioned home videos rights. It's possible that Nick/Par did acquire those rights, on the other hand we know that several indie studio (including Shout!) are speaking to Saban Brands about the possibility of releasing Power Ranger DVDs through their companies. Whatever happens, it won't be immediately (because it still takes time to produce a DVD, of course). We'll keep an eye on it, but right now nothing is assured in the way of a DVD release just yet. However, things are looking up for the first time in a while; perhaps the long wait will soon be over!
- Reruns of Power Rangers begins airing on NickToons in early 2011! Reruns will air Monday through Friday on Nicktoons and brand new episodes will air Weekends on Nickelodeon!
THE PHENOMENON CONTINUES
Experience all the action and adventure of the episode that ignited a generation of fans and sparked a sensation that is still going strong 17 seasons later. Go, Go Power Rangers!
@PowerMorphicon @nickandmore:sure! http://yfrog.com/6cuz2j
- Mark Harris Stunt Productions will provide their services for the newest season.
- Check out the official website and facebook pages!
- The Official Power Rangers Samurai toys revealed! (oh god... no.)
BOA's Power Rangers Samurai:
full listings here-
- The first Power Rangers Samurai promo will air the day of the Macy's Parade!
"The most successful kidsâ€™ action series returns with a bang when the Samurai Power Rangers descend upon the streets of New York. Utilizing their Samurai powers, which give them control over the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest, and Earth, the Rangers will embark on their first journey together as they escort the Planet Earth balloon through the streets of Manhattan. The parade marks the first-ever U.S. appearance of the five Samurai Power Rangers as they get ready for the premiere of their new series, Power Rangers Samurai, which will air on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons in North America, premiering in early 2011. After the Parade, fans can tune in to Nickelodeon for a special first look at the new series."
- The Power Rangers Samurai at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgM1SXwREZk"]YouTube - Power Rangers Samurai at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade[/ame]
________Power Rangers 2011 Coverage_______
All the other stuff concerning the return of Power Rangers
All the other stuff concerning the return of Power Rangers
- The power is on! Video promotion for Saban's new brand image!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q35S8y1PLss"]YouTube - Saban Brand's Power Rangers Promo 2010 (With Music)[/ame]
- Power Rangers is featured on License Magazine![hide]
Thanks to MagicGamer for posting this info; the article is online: Link
And here's an ad for Power Rangers: Link
[hide]Tommy Lawson of ToonZone.net said:Source Link
The newest version of License! Magazine is up. You can view it by going here, scrolling down, and clicking on "Stay Connected to License! Global." You will need to click on "Archives" on the bottom right to access the July 2010 issue. It has a little bit more info on PR from Saban Brands. That is on pages 28 and 29 of the issue.
Also, there are pictures of Saban's licensing team on Pages 47 and 49. On page 47, there is Elie Dekel (who is in the Youtube interview) and Rami Yanni. On page 49, on the top right, there is a picture of members of the Saban Brands team that includes none other than Haim Saban himself, standing second from left with 3 other members of Saban Brands - Elie Dekel, David Shuman, and Kirk Bloomgarden.
- Managing Director of Saban Brands, Elie Dekel interview![hide]
Thanks for SentaiRider and Mr. Yellow for the hookup!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5fwgxYL0Q"]YouTube - Saban Brands at the Licencing International Expo[/ame]
- Movers & Shakers News Report "Saban buys back Power Rangers"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWkQrtqGuDg"]YouTube - Saban buys back Power Rangers [News Report][/ame]
- BurgundyRanger has confirmed that August 28 will be the last day of MMPRv2 on ABC.
- The Power Rangers will leave Disney World in August 7, 2010
- Saban is in talks to acquire three new properties not specifically aimed at kids!
- "Power Rangers" is the #7 trending topic in New York City! Airing on ABC Kids now. Source.
- Nickelodeon closed the week (6/14/10-6/20/10) as basic cableâ€™s number-one network in total day with kids 2-11(3.5/1.2 million), kids 6-11 (3.4/748,000), and total viewers (2.3 million) That means Power Rangers couldn't possibly be in better hands!
- The Power Rangers attend Comic Con!
"The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers greet fans at Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center on July 22, 2010 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images for Saban Brands)"
From the the Power Morphicon Facebook from the booth at Comic-Con:
Video interview with Elie at Comic Con!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCpnbpx9NkY"]YouTube - Comic Con 2010 - Power Rangers Announcement[/ame]
- Saban Brands has tapped MarVista Entertainment to handle international distribution of its "Power Rangers" TV library.
- MarVista Entertainment Promotional video! Power Rangers has returned in true epic force!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NolzFNRNXvU"]YouTube - Saban Brands & Marvista Return of the Power Rangers Promo 2010[/ame]
- Saban Brands has made its newest acquisition, Paul Frank Industries, who owns Julius the Monkey.
- ABC News interviews Saban
- Saban Brands will represent itself at the Brand Licensing Europe (9/28/2010 - 9/30/2010)
- MarVista is promoting Power Rangers at an event called Mipcom in October
- Audio interview with Haim Saban!
- Saban unveils Power Rangers Samurai!
- Saban has partnered with Lions Gate to form a smaller company, Tiger Gate.
- Worldscreen releases more details on Power Rangers Samurai! (Evil master Xandred?!)
[hide]Worldscreen said:In the new season, the young Rangers must master Samurai skills and develop their unique powers over the elements of fire, water, sky, forest, and earth, in order to face off against the Evil Master Xandred.
- CPLG grabs Power Rangers
- Espio's interview with Tony Ross reveals there may be a new Masked Rider crossover with Power Rangers Samurai. (In other words, they may use the Kamen Rider Decade crossover footage from Shinkenger.)
[hide]Who has the DVD distribution rights
Who has the video game rights
"bandai namco, among others which are under negotiation"
Do you plan on releasing DVD boxsets
"yes we do among other projects such as specials, Dtdvd movies, we have a whole backlog of 700+ episodes we intend to release to the power rangers fans worldwide"
Any plans for a theatrical movie?
"there are plans for it however it depends on public reception to the return of the brand, if the reception is good even if it's not as good as 1993, production of a new theatrical movie will go ahead"
Any plans of a return of Sabans masked rider
"we are evaluating possible plans which may strengthen the power rangers brand and I have been told that footage of a crossover between the source footage of masked rider and the source footage of power rangers has been acquired, whether it will be used within the series or saved for a possible DVD special is as of yet unknown as there are still licence negotiations underway"
- 'BLE 2010: Saban draws grand global Power Ranger plan'
Saban and its agent network is out in force at Brand Licensing Europe this week as part of its work to reintroduce the new Power Rangers product for Autumn 2011 with further product roll-out planned for Spring 2012.
- Power Rangers Samurai promotional video at a licensing exposition.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUX-l6GMz6g"]YouTube - Power Rangers Samurai Promo video[/ame]
- The new promotional video for Power Rangers and Power Rangers Samurai, from a recent licensing expo, has arrived!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFXX2K1wjHk"]YouTube - Power Rangers Promo from Brand Licensing Europe 2010[/ame]
- Power Rangers at Mipcom 2010!
Saban Brands shows off the Power at MIPCOM:
- According to PRnewswire.com Power Rangers Samurai will be featured in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Another source has confirmed!
- Nickelodeon hangs with the cool kids! (Power Rangers Samurai featured in this great article!)
Nickelodeon has made a deal to bring 20 new episodes of "Power Rangers Samurai," above, to the channel.When Haim Saban reacquired Power Rangers from Disney in May, he led them to believe that the series was headed for the new kids network The Hub. After it was sold to him, he went straight to Nickelodeon. Cyma Zarghami, President of Nickelodeon, was quick to accept his offer. The 700-episode series as well as the new season Power Rangers Samurai are coming to Nickelodeon and Nicktoons in early-2011.
With Power Rangers as a main example, Nickelodeon has loosened its policy on acquiring shows that they donâ€™t own themselves to broadcast and support with Nickelodeonâ€™s powerful marketing.Power Rangers,â€ the martial arts series, is a prime example. Ms. Zarghami made a deal in May with the investor Haim Saban, who owns the series, to bring 20 new episodes and 700 reruns to Nickelodeon and Nicktoons starting early next year.
The deal was a jab at Disney, which had just sold â€œPower Rangersâ€ to Mr. Saban. Disney was under the impression that he planned to license the show not to the rival Nickelodeon but to the Hub, a less-threatening childrenâ€™s channel that is a joint venture of Discovery Communications and Hasbro.
Mr. Saban says he is impressed with how quickly Ms. Zarghami acted when he approached her about a deal. â€œThe conversation took two minutes,â€ he says. He describes her as â€œvery toughâ€ but also â€œsuper professionalâ€ in negotiations. â€œI always ask for some compassion,â€ he adds, â€œbut I donâ€™t get very far.â€
- WorldScreen.com's Video Interview with Elie Dekel.
Power Rangers 2011 is being covered by many! Our facts come straight from these sources.
Without these guys, it wouldnt be possible to compile all the scattered information.
Mr. Green @ www.RangerCrew.com
and you! /capcom