Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 5/7 'Fish Out of Water'

Lurker
Well I suppose at least it was better than last week's. However, that's not saying much. Is it just me or are the MOTWs getting more annoying as the weeks go by? The annoying puns seemed to be on overload this week.

On the bright side, it was nice to see some New Zealand scenery with Kevin at the beach. One of the advantages of working there is the beautiful scenery.

Speaking of New Zealand, are the Kiwi actors this season even trying to fake an American accent? It sure doesn't seem like it. We had some more bad acting this week from Najee and heck, I don't think Rene's doing very well and he had me sold during his scenes in SPD.

It was kinda nice to see Brownbeard make an appearence as the fisherman even though he didn't seem to serve much of a purpose in the episode, but the actor was decent so I won't complain.

The fishing for the Swordfishzord concept was lame and way too drawn out. I'm really not liking the powers being passed from generation to generation either. It just doesn't seem to fit very well with established teams. Weren't the Wild West Rangers supposed to be the first Rangers to appear on Earth?

I did like the scenes with Jayden however. He seems to be a likeable character so far and I can't complain if he gets a lot of focus this season. The Swordfishzord itself actually looked pretty cool too. Not as cool as the Beetlezord mind you, but still cool. Unfortunate however that the Fire Smasher seems to be the only useful weapon in battle at this point. I was hoping they would use the Hydro Bow instead since it's Kevin's focus this week.

Bulk and Spike's scenes were random again this week but somehow I managed to enjoy them. At least moreso than the rest of the episode.

Okay so some random villain shows up during the battle for a few split seconds and then at the end acts like we should care who he is. Was that supposed to be Ricardo? I checked the credits but couldn't find anything.

With that said, the episode was alright. They really need to step it up though. Badly.

Lurker
Did anyone else notice that when juzo or whatever his american name is stepped in, a lion roared in the back ground? That ain't no coincidence!! I'm beginning to think Rick's character from Wild Force maybe connected!!

Lurker
That would require creativity on the part of the writers so I don't see it happening.

Is not impressed right now...
I'm beginning to think that Power Rangers only has a one good season every five year average.

i dont know what your people problem this was a great episode i give it a 9.0 rating

Banned
Oh god.......after the past few episodes started going up in Quality, this one NOSEDIVED back down, and i place it squarely on the Blue Rangers HORRID acting.

I'd hate be sound like "One of those guys", but I could act better than that. How this guy got the part is beyond me.

I also really hate how they just neutered the Primary Support character. He went from a Former Kokuro who supported and then silently cheered on the Blue Senshi to some Generic old guy by the sea that supports the Blue ranger then just Vanishes.

This is more Nitpicky, but why say the Monster power is basically Bad Breath when Jii CLEARLY say's they where Poisoned later? Why not just say it spews Poison in the first place?

Bulk and Spikes scenes AGAIN where disjointed and totally out of place. I just wish they would just weave them into secen where they actually interacted with the rest of the cast.

Juzo/Deckard showing up was the Highlight for me. You can totally hear Cole in his voice.

So in all, i was let down by Ep. 5, but we'll see what next wee brings with Dayu and the brides Ep.

Last edited:
^And Am I witnessed that there's the scene where the Woman gets scream by a stinkbreath monster (That's from Shinkenger)? I mean what the hell was that?

I'm really not liking the powers being passed from generation to generation either. It just doesn't seem to fit very well with established teams. Weren't the Wild West Rangers supposed to be the first Rangers to appear on Earth.

The hold generation doesn't bug me. From what we so from MMPR, WF and some others I can't think of right now. There was ancient groups of hero thought out the centurys.

The Wild West Rangers was the first set of rangers to used the MMPR powers but the Mighty Morphin Rangers (Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini and Kimberly) as we know them chould of been the first team of Heros to used the name Power Rangers.

The Samurai Rangers ancestor ranger from chould of look something like this.
1235091518991.jpg

Last edited: