So this is my first S.P.D. Fan Fic called "Questions". I'm gonna go ahead and post the first two "chapters" and keep it updated. It's gonna be rated R, but for now it's just PG-13. Check it out, read and review.

Power Rangers
S.P.D.
"Questions"

Sky Tate sits on his bed, book in hand. He isn't reading it though, simply staring at the pages, drifting off into his own world. When I was six and we lived in New Tech City and no one lived anywhere else. When Sky was six and Daddy was Red. Red oh Red. He was the Red Ranger of Red Rangers. No one questioned, everyone followed...even me. Now he's gone...I was supposed to carry on his legacy, but instead some street rat is Red and I'm BLUE!

He jerks up, book flying out of his hands as Syd enters the room. Her blonde hair is done up in pigtails and she smiles nervously, seeing that she startled Sky. "Jesus Christ Sydney!" Sky yells, jumping out of bed and straightening his uniform. "Please, next time you come in, knock."

"Sorry Sky, I just wanted to check on you. You've been a little jumpy lately." She responds, twirling her fingers together. Sky calms down and sits, breathing slower.

"It's ok. I have been jumpy. I've been thinking about..." He trails off, not wanting to start a conversation about his father. He never talks about him. When Commander Cruger asked about him the day they recieved their powers, he didn't sleep.

"Your father?" Syd answers. Sky flinches a little, but nods. "It's ok Sky, you can talk to me. We've been friends for years now." She sits down next to him, tentativly placing an arm on his back. He tenses, but slowly relaxes to it.

"I just feel like I've disapointed him. Wherever he is, he isn't happy with me, because I'm B-Squad Blue." Sky's piercing blue eyes begin to blur as tears well up. He bites his lip and blinks them back, not daring to cry. Not in front of himself, not in front of Syd, and not in front of his father.

"I miss him too Sky. So does Bridge. And Kat, Boom, Commander Cruger...and we all know, look at me," She grabs his chin and moves his face to hers, "We all know that your father would never be disappointed in you Sky. He would never care that you were B-Squad or Blue. Hell, he wouldn't care if you were just doing Boom's job. As long as you were helping people, and you are Sky. You are a Power Ranger. Never forget that."

Sky nods his head, glad to hear those words come out of someones mouth. Without thinking, no hesitation he leans in and kisses Sydney. She pulls back, but only for a second. She returns it full force, wrapping her arms around him. It is a moment of complete nothingness when a sound breaks the silence.

"Ahem..."

Sky and Syd look up, and see Dr. Kat Mynx standing in the doorway. Her feline ears twitch on the top of her head, and her eyes are wide with shock. She smiles, glad to see Sky doing something other than sulking in his room. Sky pulls away and nervously begins smoothing out the wrinkles on his bed. Sydney slyly wipes her mouth and pulls a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

"Cadets, Commander Cruger has requested your presence in the main chambers." Kat says. As Sky and Syd stand up Kat coughs again, and motions towards Sky's pants. He looks down and quickly turns around, avoiding any kind of eye contact.

"Tell the Commander I will be there shortly, I just have to collect my thoughts." He says. Kat turns to exit and Syd stares at Sky for a moment before slowly backing into the hallway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the corridor Kat stands, her foot slowly tapping the floor, watching Sydney back out of Sky's room. As the door slides behind Syd, Kat begins her barrage of questions.

"Sydney...do you want to explain what I just walked in on in there?" Kat asks, a smile creeping at the corners of her mouth, exposing her feline fangs. If one didn't know her, they would think that Kat was slightly frightening.

"Kat, I don't know what happened. He was feeling down about his dad, and I had come to talk to him. Next thing I know..."

"What you Cadets do on your own time is up to you, just do not let it get in the way of your Ranger duties." Kat says sternly, but the smile returns as she says "But, girl to girl, see if you can't soften him up a bit." Kat and Syd laugh as they head towards the main chamber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky puts his head against the wall and lets out a small chuckle. I can't believe that just happened. How did I just make out with Sydney Drew? He stands, trying to keep his mind off the going ons so that he can rendevous with the rest of the Rangers in the meeting room. Alright. I'm good. Let's go see Cruger and try not to make it look weird between me and Syd. He gets up, fixes his hair, and walks out of the room.

Technicians run all around the S.P.D. Headquarters, rushing to stop the latest threats to the planet. Standing in the middle of it all is Commander Anubis "Doggy" Cruger. Seven feet of blue canine alien, he controls the Earth unit of Space Patrol Delta with pride. His newest rangers, his B-Squad are making him more proud every day. Since A-Squad was eliminated, they have more than filled the shoes left. They file in, single file with Cadet Tate trailing. Cruger notices a distant look on Sky's face, glancing over at Cadet Drew. What is going on here? He thinks. He shakes the thoughts out of his head, more urgent matters are at hand.

"Cadets, the Troobians have ceased their assaults on Earth. I do not know what is happening with them, in all my years I have never seen them turn tail. Emperor Grumm is surely planning something, something huge, but for now I feel we can relax."

The Rangers stand at attention, listening to every word their mentor delivers. Jack Landors, the Red Ranger shifts his weight, bumping into Sky. Before Jack can apologize, Sky's fist connects with Jack's jaw, sending him to the floor. The other rangers instintively step away, while Cruger's eyes grow narrow with rage. Sky jumps on Jack and begins pummeling him. Jack throws his arms up, blocking the hits. He adjusts his lower body, freeing his legs, and knees Sky in the groin. Sky bellows in rage and rolls over. Jack follows through and connects a hard right with Sky's ribs. Suddenly they are both in the air, being flung across the room. They smack hard into the far wall, shattering the monitors in place there.

"I WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH INSOLENCE IN MY STATION!" Cruger screams. Syd rushes over to Sky's prone body, making sure he's ok. Elizabeth 'Z' Delgado does the same for Jack, brushing his long dreads out of his face. Bridge stands, eyes wide, trying to take in what just happened. He starts to walk over and a hand grabs his shoulder, stopping him. He turns and sees Kat, shaking her head.

"No Bridge. This is something even you won't be able to fix. Let Commander Cruger handle it. You're dismissed." She says. Bridge nods and slowly leaves the command deck. Cruger stalks over to the other four rangers, looking at the damage.

"I think he's hurt pretty bad." Syd says, rubbing Sky's head.

"Jack too. He's bleeding from his mouth...I think we need to get him to medical." 'Z' responds.

"No, they will stay there until they wake up of their own accord. I have alot to discuss with them. You two, return to your quarters and do not leave until I have given you permission. What just happened is not to be discussed with anyone other than who was present. Is that understood?" Cruger barks. The girls glare at Cruger, hating him for his coldness, but understanding what had to be done. They get up and exit the chamber.

Turbo power! Ha!
This is a great story, but that fight was out of character since they do get along now since the latest episode. Maybe if there was a better reason, then it'd make sense for them to fight.

im not really being canon with what's happening in the series. i kept a-squad being eliminated, but thats about it. kind of going off into a slightly alternate universe with it.