Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

My thoughts on Endings...

*A-Squad turned out to be power-hungry bastards but hey they did kick ass for the short amount of time they were in it. I personally don't like the fact that A-Squad just has rifles, guess that means they're ALWAYS IN SWAT MODE. (OMG LA POLICE)

*Charlie is hot.

*Sam leading the cadets was cool, up to the point where he didn't use ONE Omega Morpher attack, not ONE Seikien Accel Blow, WTF?

*That backflip morph sequence was the hottest **** I've ever seen, SPD officially has the BEST morphing sequences and or henshins ever.

*Even though it's a damn Ranger Battle Royale which is always hot, for once I'd like to see a pan around battle sequence where everyone is literally involved and **** is flying everywhere. You remember those battles, where the camera kept moving in one shot. I really hate focus shots unless it's like two Rangers.

*The ghetto Kaijuki having SPD cockpits made no damn sense.

*OMGRICWUT?!!!one

*Delta Command Megazord KNEEBEAMINGTHESHIT out of the SWAT Megazord was effin' cool.

*Bridge came back with the Sen-Chan pose, nice.

*This set of Rangers actually look good in Ranger suits, no loose **** hangin' out, lol.

And my lead-in to Endings Pt.2...

*Kat is gonna kick EVERYONE'S ASS.

*Boom is gonna get his ass kicked by EVERYONE.

*Jack had better use his damn powers to escape that cell OR Piggy is gonna show up outta nowhere and release them and hand them their morphers telling them that he did that so they could get close to Grumm. (Cuz I don't know HOW ELSE the Rangers are gonna get outta this one.)

*I really have no idea if we're losing Zords this time around.

*Sam better do SOMETHING to make up for getting pwned out nearly every other fight since Macho Man Randy Savage was in town OR we better see Sam de-morph, take a piss after soooooo long, get a call from DekaBright, whatever.

*OR Sam is gonna take over Red's position cuz we all know Jack is leaving and Sky's gonna be fucking pist off. DADDY is RED, the BLACK dude is RED, the FEMALE is RED, SAM IS GONNA BE RED!!! LMAO!!!

*Magnificence/Omni is gonna trip over SWAT Megazord's ammo clip and fall into one those empty mountains while Doggie Kruger comes out of nowhere and VOLCANIC BUSTERS his ass.

It's a kid's show for goodness sake...
Accept the fact that things may not be right
Bitching about the little things takes away the fun from watching PR and toku in general.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
you mean DT and NS finales had a storyline? o_O Other than pretty explosions. I mean NS was "omg skate park wooooo! omg Lothor is the evil! oh noes!" and DT's was "Its prom! woooo! omgz MezzoForte! nooooo. Whys! Zeltrax has a robot with BOOBS! oh noes!"

And SPDs is "Cruger is taken. A-Squad is an evil *****. Omni is a GIGANTIC BRAIN! and the base is being taken over"

In fact SPD finale is a lot like Fate of Lightspeed. Same thing really. Base take over and yet everyone loved Fate of Lightspeed BECAUSE of the action. I think more people are just hating on SPD for the sake of hating on it. Following the crowd instead of actually trying to enjoy themselves

Well I loved the finale so far. So far. Lets hope part two is much better! it doesnt look like there will be ANY sentai in part 2
I don't remember the NS finale that well, so I can't comment on it. But the DT finale was built up witha good story throughout the season, not just bringing up a plot, forgetting about it for 20 eps, and throw it in again in the finale. Does every finale have to end up with 293402343 explosions? No. DT actually had *gaps* something different. While a lot of people were underwhelmed with the end, it was a change from everything going BOOM all the time. But I digress...

Then when SPD FINALLY brings up the dropped plots, it handles it in a rushed manner. The main example of this is A-Squad. They were beaten too easily. They whole build-up to A-squad being the best was a huge letdown. The battle felt as if it were a regular episode with some MOTD. Crap, Kat and Boom's fight with the Troobs was more exciting....

Doggy Kruger said:
It's a kid's show for goodness sake...
Accept the fact that things may not be right
Bitching about the little things takes away the fun from watching PR and toku in general.
People say this all the time until they find a series that they don't like. People aren't just complaining about the "little things," there are some pretty huge things that went wrong with SPD. But I'll save my complete analysis after Part 2. :anime:

For The Greater Justice...
I thought the episode was great but it did seem to lack emotion and since they crammed Deka eps 49-50 in there on top of the battle with A-Squad, everything had to happen real fast. I loved it though. I'm sure part 2 will kick major ass. I know most people are fed up with all the explosions but personally I love 'em and thought the one that went off behind A-Squad was pretty badass. Loved B-Squad's morph sequence too.

Lisa J said:
People say this all the time until they find a series that they don't like. People aren't just complaining about the "little things," there are some pretty huge things that went wrong with SPD. But I'll save my complete analysis after Part 2. :anime:

My argument is that a kid's show shouldn't be taken seriously to the point of analyzing things that don't matter in reality. Of course PR still has an adult fan base but the show isn't made for adults which is why few people think something went wrong with SPD. Little Kid's don't get into deep discussions about the show, they just watch it for entertainment. The little kids don't care about whether an episode is a filler or if the show has no story whatsoever or even if the show has crappy writing.

Lurker
Doggy Kruger said:
My argument is that a kid's show shouldn't be taken seriously to the point of analyzing things that don't matter in reality. Of course PR still has an adult fan base but the show isn't made for adults which is why few people think something went wrong with SPD. Little Kid's don't get into deep discussions about the show, they just watch it for entertainment. The little kids don't care about whether an episode is a filler or if the show has no story whatsoever or even if the show has crappy writing.
Your right, a kids show shouldn't be taken seriously, but if you're a fan of any particular kid show then that right their is a whole other story. If it's in the same genre or at a same business, then fans well likely compare them to others, kinda like fans how compare consoles from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or fans who compare PR to sentai. That sorta thing cuts out all the fun of anything, but at the same time, it's what any typical fan would do. It aggravates me just thinking about it, but it won't change a thing. Fans will always be fans, it doesn't matter how stupid or deep their rant is...

It's Judgement Time!
Lisa J said:
But the DT finale was built up witha good story throughout the season, not just bringing up a plot, forgetting about it for 20 eps, and throw it in again in the finale. Does every finale have to end up with 293402343 explosions? No. DT actually had *gaps* something different. While a lot of people were underwhelmed with the end, it was a change from everything going BOOM all the time. But I digress..

How? How we forget the forgotten plot of Zeltrax, Elsa & Tommy. You still didnt say what the finale had besides action. It didnt have a thing. It had Mesogog coming up with a giant Death-Ray at the last minute. Last time I watched DT, I never, EVER saw Mesogog mention construction of this Dino-Beam. Nor did I ever hear him mention construction of a "replicant zord". Hmmm funny how we forget that too.

Note, Zeltrax's hatred for Oliver was mentioned over and over in the beginning. What happened because of that? People groaned because Zeltrax wouldnt spit it out why he hated Tommy. When Zeltrax did spit it out, it was mind blowingly stupid. A collegue that Tommy barely knew held a grudge because Tommy took his job. Oh WOW. Tommy apparently, indirectly pissed him off.

Not only that when Zeltrax returns, suddenly Mesogog and Elsa are on the hunt for him. (out of no where). Yet here comes the next episode and they've forgotten all about Zeltrax and dont care. What about that?

Or what about the whole "elsa and Tommy" thing that was nicely built up in the beginning then dropped the rest of the series until the very end which is ended in just a little comment from Elsa about it. woo.

Or hell, let's talk more about the finale. Let's see what went on in it. Elsa is turned back into a human (no explanation on who she is, what she was, how she came to be with Mesogog or wth just happened that somehow turned her human as opposed to what?) Zeltrax takes her for some reason. Why? I dunno. He likes taking pretty women. It seems Zeltrax just sits in the shadows and WAITs for a pretty woman to be all alone so he can take her.

Not only that but somehow the rangers just up and trust her. They had trouble trusting Trent the entire season. Elsa, who has never EVER shown any signs of good (as opposed to Trent who has shown he was good) is immediately trusted to stay alone int he base. In fact we had to have a whole clip show episode just to show Jerk Off Conner finally trust Trent.

Oh and the truck! how about the truck? Comes in out of no where, blows Mesogogs base up with one hit (how convenient. I totally wish SPD would have blown Gruumm's ship up with one hit.) And then the rangers dont even give a **** about Trent's safety afterwards. Kira is the only one who seems to give a damn. Wow.

Im sorry how could I not see all these storylines being built up? I totally ignored the storyline of the Dino-Death Ray. The story of Elsa. The story of Zeltrax (who went mysteriously absent, came back for one episode then left again until the finale. Where he somehow had a giant zord with boobs) How could I have forgotten the story of... of. Zeltrax blowing up their base and Mesogog becoming a monster? o_O; yeah... Oh and let's not forget Zeltrax being destroyed but a jump kick from Tommy and Kira... WOOOOHOOOO! Or Trent's final battle being with mere foot soldiers.

Sounds like Biased love vs Biased hate here. I see no "story". I did see a lot of "Boom". Yet you say there wasnt a lot of "Boom". *gasp* DT's finale doesnt seem different from SPD, to me, afterall!

To your credit, the only story the finale did have was Trent and Mesogog. The only story DT did have and did right was Mesogog and Trent. Trents father Mercer.
===
Note Im not hating on DT nor it's finale. I liked DT. It's not my favorite season but it still had it's great moments, even I can agree to that. I loved NS. I'm not hating on Doug, DT's finale was fine. I can name you a ton of things I loved about DT's finale.

But to attack SPD's finale as "lacking story" when last years Finale also lacked a story... to claim DT had a story that built up the ENTIRE season. That's when I turn on the heat. I'm going to attack DT's finale when people try to say it had all these things when it didnt. To hate on SPD's finale (when it isnt even over) and say DT was the prime example of how a finale should be... yeah. Not kewl. Sounds like a lot of biased.

And it's a discussion people. Let's not be offended by my comments. That's what the board is for. I defended Doug with a passion when he came to RB and got flammed and bashed for NS. I defended him. And Im going to defend Bruce. I know SPD isnt perfect but ****. He doesnt deserve this blind hate from people. And SPD doesnt deserve it either. People seem to be noticing SPD's faults and completely ignoring anything that IS good about SPD

It's Judgement Time!
Doggy Kruger said:
It's a kid's show for goodness sake..

Bad move. While it is a kids show, it's something I love and watch with a passion. I've loved PR since it came on in 93 and Im still watching it. Watching the show makes me HAPPY. It is a kids show. But just because it is a kids show doesnt mean I cant ***** about something I dont like. I love the show. Lisa loves the show. If she doesnt like something shes gonna say it. Just like me. If I dont like something Im going to say it.

The problem here is people seem to be ignoring the good things SPD is doing. Just focusing on the negative.

Doggy Kruger said:

I agree. When people hate on a season so much it does take the fun away from Watching. hell it takes the fun away from actually discussing the show.

I just cant wait for MF. I hope more people end up enjoying that one. Cause right now I wish I could discuss SPD with some 8 year olds. Kids who are just watching the show and not giving a **** about the littler details. Just enjoying it for what it is. Not what they want it to be.

That's what I stressed during NS. I remember it like it was yesterday. I would stress that people need to enjoy NS for what it is. Not what they wanted it to be. Sad that history is repeating itself. I seriously hope MF turns out better for people.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
GrnPsychoGarren said:
Note, Zeltrax's hatred for Oliver was mentioned over and over in the beginning. What happened because of that? People groaned because Zeltrax wouldnt spit it out why he hated Tommy. When Zeltrax did spit it out, it was mind blowingly stupid. A collegue that Tommy barely knew held a grudge because Tommy took his job. Oh WOW. Tommy apparently, indirectly pissed him off.
And just what was so bad about that? It makes for a great story, Tommy hardly knows the guy, but Zeltrax let it control his life and to Tommy he was really just another monster that he had to fight in the end. It shows great story in the aspect that to Tommy, Smitty was nothing, but the other way around, Tommy was the very reason Smitty is now Zeltrax.

Not only that when Zeltrax returns, suddenly Mesogog and Elsa are on the hunt for him. (out of no where). Yet here comes the next episode and they've forgotten all about Zeltrax and dont care. What about that?
He left Mesogog, apparently betraying him in the process, or course he's going to be hunting him down. Grumm would have done the same to Piggy if he knew how he was screwing him over.

Or what about the whole "elsa and Tommy" thing that was nicely built up in the beginning then dropped the rest of the series until the very end which is ended in just a little comment from Elsa about it. woo.
And people still lose either way, on one side, people complain about the fact that Tommy isn't with Kat...and on the other, they complain that he didn't get Elsa after all that build up, so he was left with nothing. Yeah, I could have done without this part of the story, but otherwise, Tommy was really plain during this season.

Or hell, let's talk more about the finale. Let's see what went on in it. Elsa is turned back into a human (no explanation on who she is, what she was, how she came to be with Mesogog or wth just happened that somehow turned her human as opposed to what?) Zeltrax takes her for some reason. Why? I dunno. He likes taking pretty women. It seems Zeltrax just sits in the shadows and WAITs for a pretty woman to be all alone so he can take her.
Hostage? Evil villains do it all the time, it usually works better if it's someone the rangers are close to...and apparently they were close to Elsa after they saved her.

Oh and the truck! how about the truck? Comes in out of no where, blows Mesogogs base up with one hit (how convenient. I totally wish SPD would have blown Gruumm's ship up with one hit.) And then the rangers dont even give a **** about Trent's safety afterwards. Kira is the only one who seems to give a damn. Wow.
How did they not care? They knew what they had to do, and Trent knew the risk he was getting himself in when he went back to try and get his dad. The way the base got taken out was pretty lame, but they tried to fit too much into the ending, the same thing that SPD has been doing...unless Endings part 2 proves me wrong which is why I'm holding off on judgement of the series as a whole so far.

Im sorry how could I not see all these storylines being built up? I totally ignored the storyline of the Dino-Death Ray. The story of Elsa. The story of Zeltrax (who went mysteriously absent, came back for one episode then left again until the finale. Where he somehow had a giant zord with boobs) How could I have forgotten the story of... of. Zeltrax blowing up their base and Mesogog becoming a monster? o_O; yeah... Oh and let's not forget Zeltrax being destroyed but a jump kick from Tommy and Kira... WOOOOHOOOO! Or Trent's final battle being with mere foot soldiers.
SPD's done the same though and to an almost worse extent. How long did he go before Cruger even spoke of his wife? The end of Shadow may as well have not happened since he acted as if Benaag hadn't even told him about his wife when he confronted that monster in the episode before Insomnia. Or the cheap cop out from Reflections to SWAT, Jack just gave his morpher over to Sky to let him take revenge for his dad. It takes a lot to do something like that and it showed that Sky really trusted Jack...next episode it's like that bonding never happened.

Sounds like Biased love vs Biased hate here. I see no "story". I did see a lot of "Boom". Yet you say there wasnt a lot of "Boom". *gasp* DT's finale doesnt seem different from SPD, to me, afterall!
They're both rushed, and about the only thing that seemed good is the final culmination of their master plan.

I'm not going to turn a blind eye and act like NS and DT didn't do what SPD...did. All three seasons really lacked in the major build up to the final, the only difference is that SPD really rushed things and completely dropped some plot points. And yeah...no offense in any of this or anything

God...I defened DT...I feel so cold.

Eye See You
I really enjoyed "Ressurection".

Jack's hair is much cooler in a pony tail. The girl he was with for the first half of the episode was smokin' hot.

The scene where the Rangers blast open the ship door and the A-Squad comes out is RIGHT OUT of the PRiS-PRWF handbook. Slow, dramatic, epic scene. I loved it.

The A-Squad Red Ranger is freakin' sexy too.

I'm now officially pumped for the finale.