Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

has left HJU. Not coming back.
It's fine. That's your opinion that you love NS and DT, that's great but c'mon... NS and DT don't need to be light heart. They should be more serious than humor.

I always prefer Serious PR better than humor PR.

The Cookie Man!
Just finished watching Endings part 1.

Good episode indeed. it didn't seem rushed to me.

Mad Skillz
ForeverRed said:
It's fine. That's your opinion that you love NS and DT, that's great but c'mon... NS and DT don't need to be light heart. They should be more serious than humor.

I always prefer Serious PR better than humor PR.

Sooo....something aimed towards children (don't deny it, they're the target group) being light hearted is pathetic? Yeah, I see how that works. This is a kid's TV show, if you don't wanna believe that, fine by me, but all the random toy ads, and I mean kid's toys, not the stuff adults would care for during the breaks gives it away. Don't expect PR to matture just because you have. People say WF was mature because Cole's parents died, Blake and Hunter's parents were killed as well, at least NS never gave us a musical episode.

Part one was really weak. First of all, A-Squad 'the best of the best' were taken out way too fast. Once B-Squad pulled out SWAT mode it's like A-Squad stood no chance against them. We got no unmorphed fight, we didn't even get a real judgement from them. All we got was a quick fight and containment, though the morph ala Full Blast Action was pretty slick, still not enough though. The Base battle was really rushed, we have no idea who those generals that Broodwing picked are. They again got no judgement, nor did Broodwing. And again, that battle was over way too fast, the megazord battle was good, but why didn't we see Sam get knocked out of his when it was said to be ruined as well? They tried to fit too much into one episode, this could have EASILY been part of Resurrection, but no, we got stock footage for the first 15 minutes or so and a villian we could really care less about. When Bruce said this was a lead in to Endings 1 and 2, I thought he meant we would learn more about A-Squad, their names, who they are, why they're evil, anything like that. No, the only lead in was the last ten minutes or less of them being rescued and taking Cruger. So much time was wasted this year on filler that added nothing to the story, it would have made these last few episodes so much better. After Shadow, SPD stopped being the be all end all series that people made it out to be. It just because another season in the face of PR.

Mihara said:
Sooo....something aimed towards children (don't deny it, they're the target group) being light hearted is pathetic? Yeah, I see how that works. This is a kid's TV show, if you don't wanna believe that, fine by me, but all the random toy ads, and I mean kid's toys, not the stuff adults would care for during the breaks gives it away. Don't expect PR to matture just because you have. People say WF was mature because Cole's parents died, Blake and Hunter's parents were killed as well, at least NS never gave us a musical episode.

Yeah. I know it's for Kid's show. Look at Power Rangers In Space to Power Rangers Wild Force... they were all serious and less humor, but look at Time Force and Wild Force. They were very deep serious and I loved it. The storyline and plot were an excellent.

Also, you know I feel like S.P.D. is pretty serious but drama and comedy mixed up. That was wonderful and I love it. That made me happy ALOT.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just remembered now. Dino Thunder was not exaclty a heart light but it was aimed target to 5 to 10 something like that. I can't remember which one it was.

And back to Endings, part 1... somehow I was kinda of disapponited that A-Squad got down pretty quick, but those action was amazing. ^^

Lurker
Mihara said:
Sooo....something aimed towards children (don't deny it, they're the target group) being light hearted is pathetic? Yeah, I see how that works. This is a kid's TV show, if you don't wanna believe that, fine by me, but all the random toy ads, and I mean kid's toys, not the stuff adults would care for during the breaks gives it away. Don't expect PR to matture just because you have. People say WF was mature because Cole's parents died, Blake and Hunter's parents were killed as well, at least NS never gave us a musical episode...
Don't even start Mihara, I've tried a dozens times trying to get through that head of his. Just walk away, It's fans like him why Im more eager to quit watching PR and quit discussing it with fans. Sry to say, and it may seem childish, but really, it's like talking to a chimp, but Im cool, Im cool :sweat:

Last edited:
Okay, I only caught like, the final 10 minutes of Endings Part 1 and I'm watching the opening now.

And holy **** A-Squad Red is motherlovin' hot! Weird, they still haven't indicated at all that A-Squad's under mind control. Usually they spit that out right away.

I find it odd that Jack is almost seeming to have a choice as to whether or not he fulfill his Ranger duties. Uhhh.. isn't he under sentence to be a Ranger. It's either that or go back to a jail cell if I remember right. That is unless, understandably he's fulfilled his depth to society by saving it on a number of occasions.

Sweet! Good ol' fashioned Mexican stand off, without Mexicans. THIS is what I was saying I missed. This is pretty cool seeing them face off. Let's see what follows....

Niiiiice... this was the knock down drag out I was hoping to see. Unmorphed might've been cool, but I gotta give props... this was also cool.

Now I'm seeing why everyone was wondering why Kat didn't morph. I do like to see her hiss. :anime:

**** ****, A-Squad Red is sickeningly hot. O_O

Alright... now that I've seen the rest, I give props, that wasn't bad.

Lurker
Now that's what I call an episode, but really. It's the 1st part of the finale so it's pretty obvious. I loved the fact that the B-squad had to prove what they were worth, and they sure showed it, but their story was still limited, I wanted more. They delivered alright, but it wasn't enough. Everything was quite fitting but It still doesn't change the way I feel about this season.

Last edited:
Barashin said:
I loved the fact that the B-squad had to prove what they were worth, and they sure showed it, but their story was still limited, I wanted more.

I agree with you. That would be nice if they add some more story but ah, still I loved part 1 of the finale. Amazing. :198:

Lurker
Mihara said:
Part one was really weak. First of all, A-Squad 'the best of the best' were taken out way too fast. Once B-Squad pulled out SWAT mode it's like A-Squad stood no chance against them. We got no unmorphed fight, we didn't even get a real judgement from them. All we got was a quick fight and containment, though the morph ala Full Blast Action was pretty slick, still not enough though. The Base battle was really rushed, we have no idea who those generals that Broodwing picked are. They again got no judgement, nor did Broodwing. And again, that battle was over way too fast, the megazord battle was good, but why didn't we see Sam get knocked out of his when it was said to be ruined as well? They tried to fit too much into one episode, this could have EASILY been part of Resurrection, but no, we got stock footage for the first 15 minutes or so and a villian we could really care less about. When Bruce said this was a lead in to Endings 1 and 2, I thought he meant we would learn more about A-Squad, their names, who they are, why they're evil, anything like that. No, the only lead in was the last ten minutes or less of them being rescued and taking Cruger. So much time was wasted this year on filler that added nothing to the story, it would have made these last few episodes so much better. After Shadow, SPD stopped being the be all end all series that people made it out to be. It just because another season in the face of PR.
Although I did like this episode, but you do bring up some agreeable points their. Those are the exact same reasons why I dislike this season so much. If this whole 32 episode thing is true about next season, I seriously hope Bruce and his crew come up with a little better story arc then this cr*p we have now....

Last edited:
My notes that I'll be using on Rangercast this weekend:
-Ally thrown in just to remind us she exists
-Gratuitous explosion behind an umorphed A-Squad
-And where the **** was Sam during the B-Squad showdown?
-Budget-burning morph sequence
-Pointless 'splosions
-Does Broody have a spy in SPD? How did he know Cruger got dognapped?
-Yellow on Yellow, Red on Red. The A Squad battle is an equal opportunity fight.
-Shitty ADR once again. If I had a nickel for every "WOOOAH" from Jack...
-How long does the A Suqad battle go? It's midday when the showdown begins, and it's the dark of night when Broody attacks the base.
-Sam leading the cadets into battle...hm.
-Omni? Then what the **** is the Magnificence? Mora and Gruumm have always referred to the giant brain as Maggy.
-Instead of demorphing, their helmets fall off? Wha?
-Why could they not have gone SWAT from the beginning?
-Each ranger did their own take on "Got you"
-The A-Squad "Zord" looks like no zord. And considering before the left, the DSM was theirs, it must have been built while they were MIA. So why the hell did the cockpits have SPD signs on them?
-SACRIFICE THE ZORDS! Gotta say it.
-Is Gruumm part Org, all bitter over his antler?
-Isinia is still fugly.
-I hate empty mountains.
-Hehe Bridge's handstand.
-"There's a secret underground zord bay?" "Doesn't every command base have one?" Hehe nice ref.
-RIC seen for the first time since...wow, it's been a while.
-Any particular reason why Jack de-Swatted?
-Too damn much Sentai footage in this one.
-The generals go down too easy.
-God I hate those shots of the containment cards where the monsters are like "WTF I'M TRAPPED!!1one" just to show the kiddies they weren't killed
-A grand total of 9 seconds between the rangers cheering victoriously and their capture by Gruumm. What crappy writing.