Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

By the Power of Gaia!!!
ForeverRed said:
I agree with you. It was a total disgrace. What's up with that? It was Doug's decision for using Tao Zanto in a Zord. I wish Ninja Storm shouldn't have use Lothor because he was too goofy.

I heard Tao Zanto wasn't used because he resembled a demon from Buddhist mythology. But making him a Zord??? Yeesh...

First half to the first 3/4ths of the series he was a clown. Even went so low as to don a Hawaiian shirt.

That's who we're talking about.

One of the only things good about him was that Sloan showed that he heard the fans outcry, cuz by the end he turned into the dark bad guy we wanted him to be.

But by then, the damage was done, and while appreciated... for the consistancy of the series, it was weird seeing him suddenly change character all together.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
FreedomBlack said:
I heard Tao Zanto wasn't used because he resembled a demon from Buddhist mythology. But making him a Zord??? Yeesh...
Exactly, that's what I heard about that, too.

:::EDIT:::

Oni said:
Their it goes again a person thats callin Lothor Goofy. I don't see why people call him goofy anyways, he didn't do anything goofy through out the whole season. The only idiot their is Chuboo, and even he stays loyal to his master...

Well, Lothor wasn't serious ENOUGH until the finale.

Last edited:
Oni said:
Their it goes again a person thats callin Lothor Goofy. I don't see why people call him goofy anyways, he didn't do anything goofy through out the whole season. The only idiot their is Chuboo, and even he stays loyal to his master...

:eek: ...Have to disagree there.

For me, it's not JUST the goofiness of the character. It's the fact that he was constantly seen doing things that made no sense. Leaving prisoners behind so that they could escape on their own. Deciding not to kill Rangers when he had the chance, over and over again. Ignoring his minions, some of which were actually much smarter than he could ever have hoped to become. Mesogog was right when he called him an idiot.

Mesogog, on the other hand, was only caught being stupid about twice, and one of those times was played for laughs. The other time was in an episode that I was so annoyed by altogether that I just taped over and never watched again.

I can only hope Grumm will turn out to be closer to Mesomess than Lothey.

I liked Mesegog... he was a pretty cool baddy. I thought the Mesegog vs. Lothor fight was incredible.

If there's one thing that PR does better than all other shows on television, it's its fight scenes.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
I liked Mesegog... he was a pretty cool baddy. I thought the Mesegog vs. Lothor fight was incredible.

I agree with you. Mesogog PWN Lothor.

Lurker
Dreamseer said:
:eek: ...Have to disagree there.

For me, it's not JUST the goofiness of the character. It's the fact that he was constantly seen doing things that made no sense. Leaving prisoners behind so that they could escape on their own. Deciding not to kill Rangers when he had the chance, over and over again. Ignoring his minions, some of which were actually much smarter than he could ever have hoped to become. Mesogog was right when he called him an idiot.

Mesogog, on the other hand, was only caught being stupid about twice, and one of those times was played for laughs. The other time was in an episode that I was so annoyed by altogether that I just taped over and never watched again.

I can only hope Grumm will turn out to be closer to Mesomess than Lothey.

You do bring up some good points, but through out all the P.R. boards I've been in, it seems that the fans were complaining more about Lothor being goofy rather then him being an idiot. Being goofy and being an idiot are different concepts. The way I see Lothor is that he is the Master of Manipulation, nothing more. Although Lothor was manipulated by Marah and Kapri, but hey thats family for you. That also proves that the only bumbling idiot their is Choobo. You said that Lothor was seen deciding not to kill the rangers, or so it seems. I can say the same for the past villains. You also said that he was leaving prisoners behind so that they could escape on their own, its called Survival. Zedd and Rita did the exact same thing when Queen Machina and King Mondo appeared. Their are other seasons that's a lot more goofier then Ninja Storm, and MMPRs3 is one of them. Just because MMPR was the first of its kind doesn't mean it's not goofier then NinjaStorm...

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. I meant they left the prisoners behind so that the prisoners *themselves* could escape.

And I realize some'a this stuff has been done in the past too. It's just that it hasn't been to this level of stupidity for one single character since before Space (which I consider the second, and best era of PR, but that's just me).

That's not just you. That's a lot of us. PRiS-PRWF was an incredible era of fun, with excellent bad guys.

Here's for hoping a return to those days.