That would be Matthew Negrete. He worked with Eddie on series like Filmore and Jake Long.

So is he the new David Garber? Writer that worked with executive producer previously and went with him?

I'll need to research what episodes he wrote on Jake Long. I loved that show, and am curious to see how many, if any of the episodes that stood out as my favorites were written by him.

Kamen Rider Meta
The violin playing as an example, I would not be surprised if Eddie caught some of Kiva at some point while in NZ and just worked it in.
The truth is, everybody working on the RPM season are actually KR fans. That's why the characters are so much more developed :p

Lurker
This episode was amazing. I hope we get an episode of how the first three became rangers. Can't wait for the Gold and Silver rangers to appear!

-I wish the obvious Gemini and Dillon/Tenyana hints werent so obvious in a season that keeps giving us surprise twists in more subtle ways

Well for the hints about the Gem and Gemma, I guess they seemed obvious to us because we, the people who have watched Go-onger, knows that there's going to be Gold and Silver rangers in RPM.

am I the only one who felt like Gem and Gemma were...acting? Like that's not how they really are?

You mean acting all stupid in front of Dr. K? They could be just pretending, but I can't see a reason why they would act like that.

I just love this episode. I think this might be the most sad episode we ever have.(I try to think back about other sad episode we have in the past. I think this one take the cake.)

This whole episode seem like it was taken form the movie "Unleashed"(the Jet Li movie). The movie was about a kid that get kidnap in order to be use. And the only way he could remember his past is by playing music.

Undrave are you saying that Gem and Gemma was people working undercover? Because if you are that did cross my mind. They could have been spy to look in what the AS was doing. And to gather enough data to get them close down.

#MissionMiami
That would seem stupid. Why can't we just have some goofy Gold and Sliver rangers that can kick ass when the time is right?

SUMMER isn't any different? SUMMER? You're shitting me, right?

...She isn't. I don't see any difference. She began the story as a person and she's still the same person. Yes, she was a prissy ***** in her FLASHBACKS...but she had already become a better person when the story actually began. Why the **** is it necessary if it results in the worst story of the series so far?

I'm gonna have to agree with Gusto in his saying that your criticisms make no sense. You say that the team should have no reason to work under Truman, even though we already went over the fact they DON'T work for Truman.

Didn't he command them to go into the city in one episode? I wanna say Go For the Green.

You say that Summer didn't change after her episodes, which shows you clearly didn't even WATCH THE DAMN EPISODES.

She hasn't changed at all since the series began. She changed in a flashback invented wholecloth for the sake of her two parter that had no hinting earlier in the series and will have no repercussions for the rest of the series because the change HAPPENED BEFORE THE SERIES BEGAN.

You say Truman had no reason to let Scott leave the dome because he told the team to morph to fight Tenaya's hand when 1) Truman was not there to see it,

I'm saying that Truman's choice was justified because we see how incompetently Scott led his team against a hand. It doesn't matter if Truman didn't see it. Scott showed us he was a fucking moron and Ranger Red's entire premise is faulty because of it. If Scott had trouble with A HAND when Truman actually trusted him, why should I believe Scott would be qualified for anything when Truman DIDN'T?

2) we already went over that her hand WAS ABOUT TO KILL DILLON,

The fact that they just stood like retards while it simply wedgied Ziggy doesn't really give me much to care about with this point, either. A good soldier would have bothered attacking the enemy when it was doing stupid or defenseless.

and 3) that has no relevance to... anything really.

It does. It proves Scott's an idiot and Ranger Red's moral doesn't advance his character at all.

You completely miss the point of the "Ranger ____" series, which is not to advance the plot, but to set up the characters' backstories and explain what they were doing when Venjix hit.

That would be great...if it had some relevance to where they are now. It's not that I don't want back story. I like back story. I just want it to be relevant.

I don't need to know that Summer was once a prissy ***** with a dead butler because she's already a nice girl in the main plot. There's no notion of "I wasn't always this way" or "Wow, Summer's really different" prior to that. Summer is Summer. The only different personality she's given is a flashback INTERNAL to her focus episode...and by the end of that focus...surprise, still the same girl. It's an ILLUSION of development. These flashbacks were internal to her focus story...and considering the focus ended with the Summer we already knew, there are no lasting repercussions because it had to INVENT personality flaws whole cloth just to have a story. It wasn't like Scott...we SAW the fact his brother died and that gave at least SOME justification for Ranger Red.

Ziggy's focus, as much as I didn't like it, at least developed his relationship with Dr. K and how they sort of became friends or at least tolerable acquaintences. The back story was used as an active device to develop the present narrative.

Ranger Blue really didn't, either. "Oh, Scottish guy who never does anything. You like to help people and have a dad. Let's not actively develop the storyline with your back story."

Ranger Red, Ranger Green, and Dr. K DID progress the main narrative with their back stories. I don't like these episodes that much, but I do respect and appreciate those elements. That's how flash backs should be used. A character recalls previous events because they are relevant to the present. Ranger Blue's story involved a conflict that had to be invented and resolved in the half hour and really didn't develop anything. Ranger Yellow was similar. Those characters didn't actively change at ALL. It just seems like they did. But they didn't. They started the series as one person and when their focus ended, they were the EXACT SAME PERSON.

Ranger Red may've, I feel, been invalidated by it trying to make Truman look wrong despite Scott in the present storytelling being nothing short of an idiot (By standing while an enemy is giving his teammate a wedgie and doing NOTHING). Truman's presence isn't necessary for my own assessment.

Ranger Green, I feel, was invalidated by the fact it simply didn't show why Ziggy should be a Ranger. Okay, sure, he's a nice guy...but it didn't prove anything.

But I give the latter two credit for at least advancing SOME element of the main story or the character's arc.

AND you say that Dr. K. should have realized that they were lying when it was many years ago that she was last outside. It's not out of the realm of belief to think she didn't even remember being outside.

Complex math equations are easy to remember, but a bike ride isn't? Especially considering she knew these equations prior to being outside? She'd never make the correlation she was once outside? Really?

You're not being questioned because you don't like Eddie--you're being questioned because your criticisms don't make sense.

And yet you'll praise a show where a high security dome can have Grinders casually walking the street and even attacking the RPM base to take down a wedding because Corinth apparently has no defenses of any sense at all the right times.

And I don't make sense?

has left HJU. Not coming back.
That would seem stupid. Why can't we just have some goofy Gold and Sliver rangers that can kick ass when the time is right?

If they are being stupid and goofy, then goodbye Power Rangers RPM.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
normalinternetseriousbu.jpg

=|

Greatness Time!
Yea this one was pretty sad. It was still one of the best in the season. Every episode has its sad note which is different and I agree that this is the first season in a while where I'm growing to like all the characters. Dillion's is the only one that you can't really follow yet but I know his will be big once revealed. Gem and Gemma....I can already tell they will be great. If you remember, Alphabet soup was for smart kids so the two are obviously geniuses. Not to mention they beat up the two "heads" of the soup and went back for gold and yellow morphers which means they aren't always that silly. So when they do return expect some interesting characters. I love Dr. K. I guess I have a thing for bitchy women but I knew their was a story and boy was hers alot. Kidnapped, brainwashed and unleashed a deadly virus by mistake. Crazy stuff. Grade A Episode. Last weeks was my favorite because Flynn is just my favorite character hands down but this was still a great episode. Good Action but I missed my good out of morph stuff that RPM brought back. Next week should be different though. I love RPM and can't wait for more.