Lurker
That was fantastic, and that's saying something for those of you who know of my ripping on PR of late.

So we're to assume Gem and Gemma become Gold and Silver? I thought it was just a reference to the fact that we have them coming. I can definitely see them being different when we see them again though...hopefully they've become really messed up from being out there so long.

I like Dr. K a lot more now, I really do love these backstory episodes, they add so much to the characters. One of the biggest things last year that bugged the crap out of me was the characters had no character. They just showed up, acted like they were all close based on nothing, morphed, and yelled a lot. Now I understand them and enjoy finding out more about them.

I love how from watching Go-Onger I know that G6 (or Zenith, did they call it?) was going to premiere this episode just from seeing the monster.

So far I'm declaring this the best Disney season, and one HELL of a turnaround from last year.

Is not impressed right now...
-I'm gonna need a gif of Tenaya 7's facePALM.
-Dr. K. DOESN'T have the answers to something? WHAT?
-Ziggy's question about whether or not they were the good guys seemed random at first, but once we see that Dr. K was responsible for Venjix being released, it made more sense. They're not REALLY the good guys.
-Did they just pick her up off the street? What did her parents think about this? And were they following her around?
-"I wish I could remember my name." Is she can't remember that, she probably can't remember that she was outside when they first met her.
-I kind of like them showing their faces through the helmets, but it got a little overdone.
-Venjix making two ReflexBots is like them attacting the base in "Ranger Yellow, Part 2"--It's gonna beg questions as to why they don't do that for every episode from here on out. That being said, they DID attack the base again this episode, so...
-Gem and Gemma seem REALLY happy-go-lucky, which is interesting since Go-On Gold and Silver were both cocky and arrogant. So I'm wondering if they'll be more brooding later on.
-I expect the rangers to be REALLY pissed when they find out that Dr. K created Venjix just so she could go outside.
-Dr. K sounds a lot more worried when she records the message than she originally did in the first episode.
-The two people that took Dr. K sounded like Dillon and Tenaya (which would explain why they don't show their faces). But does Dr. K realize this when they come to Corinth?
-I liked the violin playing during the megazord fight. Kinda creepy.

All in all, a decent episode. I feel a few questions are still unanswered, though, like why was Dr. K. hidden in the first five episodes, and why exactly Alphabet Soup needed to make Power Rangers since it clearly wasn't to fight Venjix. Hopefully we'll get those answers soon. I give a high 3/low 4 out of 5, or on a scale of Disney-era PR mentors, and RJ out of Tommy.

Kamen Rider Meta
Gerbil the Sinner, this isn't meant to be sarcastic or anything but I seriously want to know, why do you watch the series if you don't like it? I mean, it just gets everybody riled up and I don't think we should have those kind of hostilities.

Because his writing kicks ass.

No it doesn't. He spent three episodes developing a hard, serious sci fi universe only to have episode 4 open up with this strict military unit letting Ziggy hold a talent show and nobody protesting it at all.

Everything in RPM has been explained to the best of their abilities, unlike anything from a Kalish era season. They did a outstanding job getting around the talking zord footage, despite how hard it was.

Or they could have worked with the Zord footage and not make it so horribly awkward every time there's a Zord battle.

They spent a great deal of effort into this season from writing to stunt work, etc. how could appreciate it and love it?

I don't see any effort in the writing.

Individual Rangers not named Ziggy or Dillon didn't even get development until these "Ranger" episodes...and even then they started with Ziggy. Scott's
back story and how Colonel Truman felt about him is hard to take in if we have to consider Truman wrong but Scott unable to deal with a hand in a previous episode where he's already instated in where he wanted to be.

Summer serving under Colonel Truman's forces is hard to take in when she mourned the death of her butler...and Truman didn't even save her when she was left to die. Not to mention the other countless problems with Ranger Yellow that really don't sync up with the universe built in RPM.

Flynn's similar with this. I don't get why he'd serve Truman.

And another thing? How is a show so well written have such an incompetent military? Besides maybe episode one, nothing about the show has suggested Corinth's military can do anything even vaguely useful. Why are they THERE?

yes i too have noticed that, but there is reason.

I bet.

1. More character Development- Each ranger gets his or her own back story episode rather than it just pop out in some random episode. on that note who remembers why Jungle Fury Blue and Yellow were there for?

The problem with these back story episodes is that they weren't really put into the story naturally. They occur one after the other in one isolated chunk and are sometimes invalidated either by themselves or prior fiction.

It's also worth noting that these back stories haven't really developed the characters since, as flash backs, their effects have logically already taken place. Besides maybe Ranger Green (and maybe Red), there hasn't been much of an active development. Summer isn't any different. Flynn isn't any different (and he's the blandest character in the series). Ziggy himself isn't any different, but K's opinion of him changed so it wasn't completely awful. Ranger Red's entire development is arguably pointless since we've little reason to care that Colonel Truman once didn't trust him and Scott's pretty much gotten over his brother's death at this point anyway.

Dr. K's back story, as stupid as I think it is, at least makes things progress a little.

2. Look What Sentai they had to work with-Go-Onger is the most kid series i've ever seen. to turn that into RPM is pretty amazing.

And what's wrong with a kiddy show? Go Onger, although it slowly turned into crap, was actually entertaining up to a point (I feel Gunpei becoming an idiot for no reason despite his comedic appeal lying in the fact he was the straight man, but I digress). Why does something have to be serious to be good? I'd adore RPM if they decided to work to the strength of the source footage rather than considering it a burden.

3,We are Getting a deeper story than we have in years- seriously nothing bad with Mystic force -jungle fury but this season has more story in 9 episodes than most have in their entire season.

No, it has more filler back story. There's a difference. Summer's back story has no overall purpose. Flynn's back story has no purpose. There's no "story" there if it has no real use or developmental application. Flynn was the same before and after. Summer was the same before and after. Unless Flynn's dad becomes at least a semi important aspect of the story, his episode was largely a waste because he didn't grow as a person. Even "filler" episodes show character growth. This didn't. Why should I care about all this back story if it ultimately doesn't mean anything has changed now that I know it?

It's your criticism that doesn't make sense, not the episode.

Oh, naturally. Guzelian can do no wrong.

Dr. K was taken into that Alphabet Soup think tank when she was like less than two years old.

...and could memorize complex mathematical properties.

Did you miss the part where she can't even remember her own name?

No, I saw that.

Her memories of experiences and a life outside that environment have obviously faded away, compounded by the fact that her captors have clearly been drilling the lie into her head for probably close to fifteen years.

Despite her being in the sun prior to being in Alphabet Soup. That's what gets me.

It's meant to be obvious to the audience that the whole thing is a lie, but to say that it doesn't make sense for the character or detracts from her intelligence? Colossal fail.

Not...really. If she was intelligent enough at that age to remember various equations well beyond her level, she should easily remember being in the sun.

Your also missing the greater point. Like it or not, these characters are clearly connecting with fans of the show on a greater emotional level. And that's going to so totally trump what ever little nitpicky logic issues you seem so desperate to try to find with the series. But good luck with that.

I don't feel connected with a cast that honestly has grown very little despite so much effort being put into making people think they have. Why does the majority opinion affect the validity of what I have to say?

Garfield15 said:
Gerbil the Sinner, this isn't meant to be sarcastic or anything but I seriously want to know, why do you watch the series if you don't like it? I mean, it just gets everybody riled up and I don't think we should have those kind of hostilities.

Partially out of habit. Partially because I'm still hoping things would turn around with these "Ranger" episodes. Partially because I want to see if the build up to something a different head writer can turn around. I still have a bit of hope for this series, and not necessarily because Lynn's taking over.

And I'll discuss what I please. Everyone could bash Kalish to hell and high water and nobody asked them why they were still watching. But I bash this new guy who honestly isn't as good as everyone says he is and suddenly I'm questioned?

Is not impressed right now...
SUMMER isn't any different? SUMMER? You're shitting me, right?

I'm gonna have to agree with Gusto in his saying that your criticisms make no sense. You say that the team should have no reason to work under Truman, even though we already went over the fact they DON'T work for Truman.

You say that Summer didn't change after her episodes, which shows you clearly didn't even WATCH THE DAMN EPISODES.

You say Truman had no reason to let Scott leave the dome because he told the team to morph to fight Tenaya's hand when 1) Truman was not there to see it, 2) we already went over that her hand WAS ABOUT TO KILL DILLON, and 3) that has no relevance to... anything really.

You completely miss the point of the "Ranger ____" series, which is not to advance the plot, but to set up the characters' backstories and explain what they were doing when Venjix hit.

AND you say that Dr. K. should have realized that they were lying when it was many years ago that she was last outside. It's not out of the realm of belief to think she didn't even remember being outside.

You're not being questioned because you don't like Eddie--you're being questioned because your criticisms don't make sense.

Last edited:
AND you say that Dr. K. should have realized that they were lying when it was many years ago that she was last outside. It's not out of the realm of belief to think she didn't even remember being outside.

Especially when she specifically stated she doesn't even remember her own name.

For the first time this season, I am actually looking forward to seeing the next episode. Noob writer whose name I can't remember, I salute you.

This episode was almost perfect, but the constant cuts to the inside the helmet shots looked horrible and were way overused, and I don't quite get why violins are Tenaya's one weakness.