Power Rangers Return to HAIM SABAN! + New Series Spring 2011!

Banned
Guys,

You've had no idea! I'm collapsing on the floor crying right now, because this is big victory that I've longed wanting to hear for! I just can't believe that Power Rangers has returned back home with Saban! Now..we can celebrate the BIG VICTORY!!!

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
My main question about all of this is.........

The article states that Nick gave Saban the opportunity to produce "20 new Power Rangers episodes" along with the entire collection of re-runs from the past series.

How the hell are they gonna make a season of Power Rangers with 20 episodes out of the footage from 49-50 episodes of Shinkenger or Goseiger?!!!

Nice post!!
Hmm, I bet the timing of this deal explains why we got the "remastered" original MMPR instead of a Shinkenger adaptation. Why would Disney spend money on a new season of a property it was offloading?

I would lay money on Saban intending to revitalize the brand through some sort of Shinkenger (or possibly Goseiger) adaptation. You could do all of the Shinkenger high notes in about 20 episodes, though.

Nickelodeon is a very logical home if Shinkenger is the series Saban wants to relaunch with. I could see the network that produced Avatar being perfectly okay with the most Japaneesiest Power Rangers series ever to Japan.

Lurker
Hmm, I bet the timing of this deal explains why we got the "remastered" original MMPR instead of a Shinkenger adaptation. Why would Disney spend money on a new season of a property it was offloading?

I would lay money on Saban intending to revitalize the brand through some sort of Shinkenger (or possibly Goseiger) adaptation. You could do all of the Shinkenger high notes in about 20 episodes, though.

Nickelodeon is a very logical home if Shinkenger is the series Saban wants to relaunch with. I could see the network that produced Avatar being perfectly okay with the most Japaneesiest Power Rangers series ever to Japan.

Idk but I see Goseigers being adapted more than anything. However that 20 eps deal is of concern, but who cares. it's been re-acquired by Saban!! Welcome Home Rangers!