Power Rangers Return to HAIM SABAN! + New Series Spring 2011!

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
This is pretty glorious news. I'm hoping this increases the chances of us getting some of the older shows released on DVD. Woo.

My thoughts exactly. Thats the firs thing that popped into my head when I heard it.

I hope they dont skip Shinkenger, cuz Id be interested to see how they adapt it. Plus, it will give them time to cook something up as far as finding actors, setting up production, coming up with a story, etc. if they are a couple of seasons behind the Sentai series, they can do lots of things and have more time to do them. And if for some reason they need to catch up, they could always sorta mash two teams together, sorta like how they did with the Alien Rangers, only in a good way. lol

Lurker
Off course its big news! Why wouldn't it? Just because mainstream auds don't give a **** about Power Rangers it doesn't mean the industry doesn't care about a multi million dollar franchise. A franchise that spawned a movie and 20 years of TV AND one that throned at the top of boy toys sales until the first Transformers movie came along. Franchises that can be exploited on multiple platforms is what Hollywood is all about now.

Its a cash cow. Off course htey care.

Yah I know it just didn't cross my mind at first. Cut me some slack, it's been a long time since PR had this much attention!

Lurker
I don't think a 20 episode thing is definite. Maybe they gave them 20 to start out with and if it becomes hot again, they sign on more episodes. Like how Doomsday would have ended season 1 if it didn't take off.

Nick signed a "multi-year deal" to broadcast PR, so that's somewhere between 3 to 5 years.

The Cookie Man!
This is great news!

Only 3 to 5 years? Probably to see how it goes first perhaps?

What I think is most awesome is they could have very easily just re-booted the franchise, and started again from scratch. But instead, they're continuing it, by calling it "Season 18", and re-running Seasons 1 to 17 as if they're brand new too.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
What about the other properties Saban used to own (Digimon, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, etc.)? Does he own those shows again?