Power Rangers Return to HAIM SABAN! + New Series Spring 2011!

Banned
Snapshotofme4.jpg

Nice post!!
Also, Goseiger isnt even over, so Shinkenger would probably be used.

Bandai of America reps were running around at ToyFair telling people that the 2012 toy line would be based on Shinkenger. Just based on that, I'm inclined to say that's the series Bandai wants to try merchandising.

I think grown-up fans shouldn't need the adaptations to get into what Super Sentai is about, but to get the material into the hands of English-speaking little kids? It will need to be localized somehow. A seven-year-old that can read fast enough to follow subtitles is going to be a very rare thing.

At the very least, these kids need the material to be dubbed. I can see objecting to the way Power Rangers has been localized in the past, but it makes no sense to fundamentally object to localizing the material. Without localization it cannot reach its intended audience.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
Okay I know it's an exciting time for the fans but now we're getting carried away here

Carried away? After the big news we just got? Do you realize how much of a surprise this news is? NOBODY thought Disney would sell the franchise to ANYONE, especially Saban! Look what just happened.

SOMEBODY here must've been saying their prayers. Could've been ForeverRed since he's a big Saban PR fan.

If this can happen, a Saban/Adness alliance wouldn't be surprising at all.

Lurker
Carried away? After the big news we just got? Do you realize how much of a surprise this news is? NOBODY thought Disney would sell the franchise to ANYONE, especially Saban! Look what just happened.

SOMEBODY here must've been saying their prayers. Could've been ForeverRed since he's a big Saban PR fan.

If this can happen, a Saban/Adness alliance wouldn't be surprising at all.

I'm talking about your theory that just because Saban is reacquiring power rangers, it would suddenly align itself with Adness? i know your excited, I' am too. But don't you think your gett'n alittle carried away with that theory of yours :laugh:

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
This is HUGE news for American Toku and the franchise in general. I'm just excited to be able to watch PR reruns on TV again. Fantastic.

If they do attempt Shinkenger, hopefully they do it justice. It should be a fun ride.

Some kind of Beast mode
Do you guys think they might re-hire some people they let-go back in 2001?

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
:O_O:

:dance:

20 episodes, huh? Well, at least they'll have lots of material to work with...

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Bandai of America reps were running around at ToyFair telling people that the 2012 toy line would be based on Shinkenger. Just based on that, I'm inclined to say that's the series Bandai wants to try merchandising.

I think grown-up fans shouldn't need the adaptations to get into what Super Sentai is about, but to get the material into the hands of English-speaking little kids? It will need to be localized somehow. A seven-year-old that can read fast enough to follow subtitles is going to be a very rare thing.

At the very least, these kids need the material to be dubbed. I can see objecting to the way Power Rangers has been localized in the past, but it makes no sense to fundamentally object to localizing the material. Without localization it cannot reach its intended audience.

I think they'll probably wait until the series after Goseiger to start putting out new stuff. They have the time now, and can sit on the merchandising profits from the new PR toy lines. Better to wait to really get ready rather than rushing something out.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
20 episodes is interesting. It could mean that

A) They're going back to a more episode MMPR structure with no big story arc, letting them exploit the footage for a few seasons if they wish because transitioning to new powers.

B) Give us a tight story with no filler that can conclude in a season.

or

C) Give us a story that they hope to finish on a second 20 episodes season.

I think B would be idea for us, C has risk and A would probably dissapoint the fans but would be the easiest of the bunch to sell to international markets (though a show in 20 episode is fairly easy to pitch, not as easy as 13 but still).

Now considering the marketing trends in kids show it would be fairly surprising if they decided to ditch their stars after only 20 episodes. they'll probably want to keep them around for a while and turn them into bankable names in their own right.

Wow never knew how big this news is. Its being reported by Variety & Hollywood Reporter

Off course its big news! Why wouldn't it? Just because mainstream auds don't give a **** about Power Rangers it doesn't mean the industry doesn't care about a multi million dollar franchise. A franchise that spawned a movie and 20 years of TV AND one that throned at the top of boy toys sales until the first Transformers movie came along. Franchises that can be exploited on multiple platforms is what Hollywood is all about now.

Its a cash cow. Off course htey care.