Power Rangers Return to HAIM SABAN! + New Series Spring 2011!

GekiKnight

The end justiΦ's the means
that was one of Ron Wasserman's theme songs for Mystic Force. They were not chosen. Saban and Tzachor need to bring back the Wasser! Someone contact that guy! Get him on it!

Apparently a fan DID contact him, but he hasn't been approached by Saban or a representative of the company.

Here a question. If Power Rangers on ABC susposely going end on August 7. I believe I heard that date some where. Does that mean the following week reruns of 700 episodes air on NickToons?

I heard that it was cancelled immediately after the rights changed hands.
And it looks like it has vanished from the nearest ABC affiliate line-up according to my Guide as it is no longer listed, in it's place is "TBD".

Ill see for myself tomorrow.

I heard that it was cancelled immediately after the rights changed hands.
And it looks like it has vanished from the nearest ABC affiliate line-up according to my Guide as it is no longer listed, in it's place is "TBD".

Ill see for myself tomorrow.

Me too. My directv guide I was searching for MMPR, it's still there. So I'll find out for myself tomorrow afternoon. If it's true that it's gone..good riddance. Annoying so-called "Comic Books" effect that they've on MMPR.

GekiKnight

The end justiΦ's the means
This was posted on rangerboard...

http://www.bandai.com/blog/press-release/toy-licensee-power-rangers

This quote is interesting....

"the toy lines will complement the re-imagined Power Rangers television series with new episodes set to air on Nickelodeon starting in 2011. "

Why I say that is...Maybe the show will be a new generation type deal...

I think Saban will go back to the basics (five teenagers with attitude gimmick). Which necessarily isn't a bad thing.

I hope Bandai takes the toy's back to just Re-packaging Sentai releases.
I'm willing to pay more if i can buy the same toy's i import domestically.

Momotaros

Lurker
I think Saban will go back to the basics (five teenagers with attitude gimmick). Which necessarily isn't a bad thing.

Possible,I just think with Saban back in charge. Might be best to move on from 700 episode universe. Restart the brand in a new generation deal.

Dark Heart

The Bun Is In Your Mind
It really is impossible to kill this franchise (What is this, the...fourth, fifth time it's revived itself? *counts* MMPR actually making money making it longer, Turbo almost killed it then revived with Space, Wild Force/Ninja Storm near-screwup, Jungle Fury final season then RPM. RPM to be final season for real then this badass news...yup Five times)

So are we looking at Power Rangers Samurai Showdown or Celestial Warriors?

Actuality, I was thinking of the title "Power Rangers: Samurai Sentai".

Excuse me...

I found an article while Saban back in the charge of PR franchise, according to this, back in 2001, they sold for 3.2 billion dollars. Just a thought that you guys should know.

"Power Rangers" was one of the most popular shows on the cable channel Fox Family, a joint venture of Saban and News Corp. that was acquired by Disney for $3.2 billion. The acquisition included rights to the show, but as its popularity faded Disney moved it to the smaller cable channel Jetix, now known as Disney XD, and most recently to local ABC stations on weekends.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/13/business/la-fi-ct-saban-20100513

Skiks

They paid 3.2 billion for the family channel I believe. They just got power rangers by accident.
Disney: Hey Saban, we want to buy the Family Channel from you. We'll turn it into ABC Family and show heartwarming programming there!
Saban: Well, I'll sell it to you, but only if you buy all of my shows to go with it. For a Gazillion dollars.
Disney: That doesn't sound too bad, sure. Have a Gazillion dollars.
Saban: MWAHAHAHAHA!
Disney: Hey! Your "shows" are a bunch of worthless crap! The only two that could possibly make us any money are Power Rangers and Digimon! And the network wasn't that good either! This deal isn't as cool as we thought it was going to be!
Saban: Too bad so sad. I'm going to swim in my mountain of money.
Disney: I guess we should produce Power Rangers or something. Try to make some cash from this deal. Maybe.
Best way to put it.

They paid 3.2 billion for the family channel I believe. They just got power rangers by accident.

Yep. That's about it. I think Disney wasn't even bothered to looking around without knowing that Power Rangers is part of the package that they paid to get the family channel.

When Micheal Eisner was in the charge, he nearly put Walt Disney Company in bankrupted.

Undrave

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Apparantly they managed to trick Eisner into thinking more people were looking into buying Fox Family, including Viacom (though their offer was so tiny it wasn't worth mentioning). Haim Saban has a very interesting profile on the New Yorker website... let me see if I can fetch the link from ToonZone:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/05/10/100510fa_fact_bruck?currentPage=all

He's impressive.

Also do you realize that this being Saban and not Disney we won't have a 'bridge clone' this year? Woot!

Apparantly they managed to trick Eisner into thinking more people were looking into buying Fox Family, including Viacom (though their offer was so tiny it wasn't worth mentioning). Haim Saban has a very interesting profile on the New Yorker website... let me see if I can fetch the link from ToonZone:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/05/10/100510fa_fact_bruck?currentPage=all

He's impressive.

Also do you realize that this being Saban and not Disney we won't have a 'bridge clone' this year? Woot!

So, you're telling me that they managed to trick Eisner? That including Viacom as well? You got me confusing right there. How?

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts