Power Rangers Operation Overdrive - "Face to Face (I)" Talk Up!

Andrew and Spencer come face to face to discuss, the plan to cut Tyzonne's hair.

It's on at 9PMEST instead of the regular 8PM.

again an interesting mix of sentai and OG NZ footage. Random thoughts as they come to me:

-Hey Mack's annoying about his new zord. And again I can't really blame him because it's a nice characterization on their part and because Satoru sucked that badly.
-Dax acting unBridgelike, a welcome departure for his character. Just as it was seeing Ronne ACTUALLY pilot the minizord and prove me wrong. YAY!
-Oh and yay for Rose REVISITING HER PAST and having it make an actual impact on the story. Which is something Sakura NEVER DID, Reason #75784 why Boukenger SUCKED.
-First battle with Bull guy and Fish boy didn't have much sentai footage that I remember. A bit here and there but from the looks of it, it was a lot of NZ footage.
-Second battle featured a lot of Sentai footage. Anything with the Ruins background is Sentai footage for those wondering, same setup was used extensively in Kamen Rider Kabuto. The infamous three Rider kick episode was shot there I believe.
-Taizan, went from being an underwater dwelling human to an alien which actually makes a bit more sense then his sentai counterpart searching a hidden ocean apparently in the MIDDLE OF JAPAN. AS IN NO ONE WOULD NOTICE THE SUDDEN REAPPEARANCE OF A MASSIVE INLAND SEA.
-Nice little cliff hangar as the other Rangers haven't realized that Fish boy has switched sides.

Complaints:
-Will, he only two did things this episode, Pawn Mack off on Rose and Dax and serve as the default tracker. Other then that he disappeared for a bit.
-I think they called the Bull guy Moltor at one point when those two and Fish boy were talking.

It's Judgement Time!
The episode did nothing for me. However, I have to give the team Brownie points for linking the 6th ranger to one of Moltor's goons. Looks like Tyzone was turned into one of Moltor's lackys and will soon become our Mercury Ranger. I thought that was pretty clever of them.

Who else found it funny that Mack goes from city to forest in an instant. Damn those forests are just everywhere, cant walk through a city without running into one

Last edited:
The episode did nothing for me. However, I have to give the team Brownie points for linking the 6th ranger to one of Moltor's goons. Looks like Tyzone was turned into one of Moltor's lackys and will soon become our Mercury Ranger. I thought that was pretty clever of them.

You know I completely forgot about the Mercury Ranger and his name when watching this episode. As for the link, Tyzone states he was an alien that brought shame to his planet by bending to Moltor's will. Which means the Questers when they show will likely be Flurious's goons (judging by the nasty feud between the brothers) at least originally.

Did anyone get a good look at Tyzone's VA during the credits?

Who else found it funny that Mack goes from city to forest in an instant. Damn those forests are just everywhere, cant walk through a city without running into one

Well the city founders took a cue from Angel Grove and constructed parks randomly and of a scale far more massive then Angel Grove's own parks.

Lurker
Okay so we now know that Tyzonne's from another planet. Maybe now people will stop complaining about his name.