Power Rangers movie #3 - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

I thought it wasn't impossible.

I thought it would never happen.

But now, the unthinkable event will occur.

A third Power Rangers movie is out on the horizon. So apparently, it's somewhat of a remake of the first movie. It even sounds like a 90-120 minute version of "Day of the Dumpster" almost. Okay, just see for yourself.

http://www.powerrangers.com/featurefilmannouncement.pdf

Credit goes to Tommy Lawson from Rangercrew.

Last edited:
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I figured HJU would be blowin' up today over this. Oh well. Anyway, I'm sure I'll go watch it but I just can't get into PR these days. I dropped Mega Force and never even bothered to start Super Mega Force.

Probably a timing thing, Mr G. When more people get home they might.

Not sure why the OP gets a 'Day of the Dumpster' vibe from the press release. It depends on whether they really mean all original or if they're still based on adaptation. If it's the former, then yeah it could be a full-on reimagining of MMPR and that'd be great so long as they don't 'Michael Bay' the thing. I can't really see them developing their own team from scratch with original suits, zords etc. Cashing in on the same retro wave as Transformers and TNMT is just too tempting/easy. If it's the latter, then I'd expect something based on the Kyoryuger suits or heck maybe this could be how they get the Go-Busters stuff out the back door.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
This just in, we've already got a thread for this.

THREADS MERGED.

DorifutoKaizā
I'd prefer it if the suits are not based on Zyuranger and something original but evokes the same aspects like the colours and motifs. No word if Toei will involve in this project between Saban Brands and Liongate.

Best day of my life? With every minute that goes by it takes more and more of my will power to not bounce of the walls. Revamp it. Make it edgy. Make it grimdark. I don't care just make it. We need this.

Lurker
That's crazy! I just hope the 3rd times the charm cause let's face it, the last 2 was pretty bad

It's Judgement Time!
At first, I was really excited, I couldn't freaking contain the joy. Then I sobered, remembering that this is Saban (see: cheap). I also see the word "partnering". So... now I'm hesitant. Is this seriously going to be a megablockbuster' movie with Pacific rim special effects? Or is this some cheap ass direct to bluray movie? I guess my opinion of Saban is slightly tainted, I don't believe his company would ever produce a quarter billion dollar production. I'm worried we're getting a happy meal toy under the promise of a $60 megazord