I LOVE PRLG.

But the one thing that absolutely pissed me off was that the villians didn't come from the Lost Galaxy and weren't destroyed by Zordon's wave. Even tho the series takes place 5 years after PRiS that is still no excuse, Zordon said his energy would destoy all of the evil.

That really pissed me off.

Another thing was the random portals opening in the first episode which got Maya to Terra Venture. No explanation...wtf.

Gingaman on the other hand fucking OWNED. Man, I feel like watch that one again. Probally the BEST debut episode of any Sentai series. Period.

GINGAREDDO!, RYOUMA!
Sorry, but the Lightspeed Rescue team-up retconned it to 1999 (the present day). It was only ever said to be set in the near future in any case, not five years.

LG's squarely in the middle for me. It had a great opening, then proceeded to suck, then got pretty awesome from the team-up onward.... then sucked again, then had a great ending. Such a weird season.

I have no idea how one could hate the villains, though. They were arguably the best part, Scorpius aside.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I disagree. This series is one of Saban's worst. The villians were lame. The fact that they did not even go into the lost galaxy until the last 5 out of 8 episodes sucked (not to mention they barely even gave us the pirates). Not to mention the horrid music and lame copout of a ranger death ever. Oh, and the fact that how the hell did Trakeena and them survive the Zordon wave? If they had been from the lost galaxy, it would have made sense, but they weren't, so it didn't. The only thing that saved this show for me was Deviot, as he has one of the most kickass voices in the history of Power Rangers, but to be honest, this is the series where I stopped watching PR religiously, and it would remain that way until Dino Thunder, which was the last good PR series period.

I disagree.

Anyway, I LOVED Lost Galaxy. Only one thing that I don't understand why the villains survived from Zordon wave. But hey, it was worth to watch that season. I loved the finale and it was intense! I would love to watch this again when it comes to NickToon. Saban's PR (1993-2002) rocked hard. Now it is gonna be rock HARDER when Power Rangers Samurai comes to TV in 2011.

Time Force is number 1, one of the best season.

Also right now, I'm currently watching Gingaman and so far, I'm loving this.

Last edited:
Lost Galaxy was the last series I loved and watched as a kid since my dad accidentally canceled FOX from our TV package near the start of the finale and I didn't watched PR again till 2003 when Ninja Storm aired. I loved Lost Galaxy as a kid since as stated above it had a awesome theme song, had alot of ties with In Space, loved the costumes and zords and the characters and the plot was quite good.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Lost Galaxy was the last series I loved and watched as a kid since my dad accidentally canceled FOX from our TV package near the start of the finale and I didn't watched PR again till 2003 when Ninja Storm aired

That sucks. You missed all awesome stuff in PRLG to PRWF. You will have a chance to watch them when PR comes to NickToon soon! :)

Saban's back! BOOYA!!

Lurker
Despite a showcase for directionlessness at times, but managing to be also a finely crafted PR season where the villains and Rangers both grew as opposed to either just the villains or the rookie Red Ranger, incredible set peices that showed PR could deliver with a budget allocated to it. Trakeena's storyline has rarely been topped, the tale of a tragic daddy's girl evolving into a fine warrior but damning herself as she pursued the path of vengeance

Definatly one of the best PR seasons in terms of experimenting and taking risks with storytelling, characterisation, and shaking up the status quoe.

That sucks. You missed all awesome stuff in PRLG to PRWF. You will have a chance to watch them when PR comes to NickToon soon! :)

Saban's back! BOOYA!!

Actually I didn't really miss as much as you think. In 2003 here in Canada not only were they showing Ninja Storm on the Family Channel but they were showing re-runs of Lightspeed and Wild Force so I was able to watch those, plus Lightspeed was on everyday while Ninja Storm was on once or twice in the weekends, same with Wild Force. Thanks to the power of the internet I was able to finish watching Lost Galaxy and watched Time Force in the beginning of 2007.

Is not impressed right now...
The first half is absolute dreck. Completely unwatchable and incomprehensible. And not in the Grant Morrison "True Art Is Incomprehensible" kind of way, but in the "WTF is going on this story makes no Goddamn sense these people are spending long conversations talking about nothing" kind of way.

The second half of the season, however, particularly the Lost Galaxy arc, is pretty good. The last four episodes are definitely some of PR's best, but then again, it's rare for PR to screw up the last four episodes. There isn't any particular starting point for when the series gets good again, but it's probably after the Lights of Orion/Magna Defender stuff, butt even before then there were some good episodes, particularly the ones where they actually remembered they were in space.

And, oh, yeah, Lightspeed Rescue>>>>>>>>>>>Lost Galaxy