ATTENTION! SPD Box Set Requests!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the recent year, things have happened that many of us at RB might not have ever expected to happen. Our exposure as fans to "the source" of our little fandom has greatly increased, and it feels as though we actually have a voice. A small, whispery voice, but a voice nonetheless.

And that is why, after great deliberation, I bring to you this proposal. A letter-writing campaign. Now, we all have heard things about how ineffective such things might have been in the past, but seeing as how we actually do have a voice, and most other campaigns of this type were really just frivolous random posts on a message board (which this isn't solely meant to be), we feel there's a greater chance of success, if we have everyone's support.

And I do mean everyone. That includes you (yeah, you know who you are), everyone online you talk to, and everyone online that those people talk to, that has the faintest interest in PR. If you post at another message board, that means you copy this post and paste it into a new thread there, if someone hasn't already beaten you to it.

We have ONE SPECIFIC GOAL in mind for this campaign, and that is to ask politely and intelligently if Disney will release a complete box set of SPD with all new special features. That is it.

Regardless of what some might think of SPD, the point of this is not simply to get SPD, but to eventually have all of PR released in the same manner. SPD, being the newest (and therefore freshest in the minds of young viewers, which are the target audiance) PR series, doing well in ratings (for PR), etc. is what has been decided. Not everyone agrees that this should be the first to start, but there is one thing that everyone should agree on:

The release (and success) of an SPD box set can lead to the release of others, including everyone's favorite. The point here is to ask for one thing in specific, and not worry about what is your personal favorite, and least favorite. If everyone wrote in with their own personalized letters, no one would get anywhere, and any power we had would be ignored as background noise.

This is why we have proposed one unified letter, which can be copied from this thread and printed out and mailed from each person's individual addresses, leaving their own contact information, name, and so forth. This ensures that there will be no confusion, and that the many requests for this one specific item will not simply be missed or forgotten, because they will just keep coming.

It's also been decided that said letters could probably be sent to multiple places, to ensure maximum effectiveness. If anyone here has contact information to form a list for letter-mailing, we'd all appreciate that being posted (of course, it goes without saying that these should be OFFICIAL addresses, and not someone's actual home or something). All information needs to be confirmed before any action is taken.

Be sure that you are sending actual physical mail through the postal system. As has been mentioned many, many times, e-mail just simply isn't listened to much at all. In order to make the greatest amount of impact, we need to keep actual letters coming in.

It is also important to recognize that this is pretty much all about business. If Disney sees that not enough people bought the sets, then it will all have been for nothing. In other words, buy the sets, regardless of whether it is what you EXACTLY wanted, because it helps to ensure that more will be released in the future. ANY support we can give to this cause can be helpful. That includes purchasing (and/or continuing to purchase) the PR DVDs already available in stores, and any releases we as a community may have been able to help bring about. If we hope to get what we all want as individuals, we must first work as a collective. And our collective force can be powerful, if we all decide to truly work together on it.

The following is a letter that a number of us have helped come up with:

----------------------------------------------------------

<Your Address Here>

David Jessen - DVD Production
c/o Buena Vista Home Entertainment
350 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank CA 91521-4691
USA

Dear Mr. Jessen,

Over the past 13 seasons, POWER RANGERS has held a vast audience for more than a decade, ranging from toddlers to adults. As a fan, I’ve truly enjoyed watching the various seasons that have aired on ABC, ABC FAMILY, and TOON DISNEY. I have also been a fan of your home video releases for quite some time, and I would like to thank you for the high quality products.

With that said, I am writing to request that the complete series of POWER RANGERS S.P.D. be released in a boxed set. A number of quality POWER RANGERS DVD products have already been released in an admirable fashion, but with the franchise as a whole having gained such popularity from such a large range of fans over the years, I feel it is an excellent time to release POWER RANGERS S.P.D. as a full series set.

As a true fan of the series, here's what I would most like to see included in a DVD release (in order of desire) of a POWER RANGERS S.P.D. complete series box set:

1.) Each episode of POWER RANGERS S.P.D. in chronological order.

2.) All episodes uncut, complete with opening theme intact for each individual episode.

3.) Special Features including (but not limited to) audio commentary from creators and/or actors

4.) Special Features including (but not limited to) behind-the-scenes clips (i.e. a blooper reel; rehearsals; pre-film preparations).

5.) Special Features including (but not limited to) interviews from cast and/or production detailing specific episodes, highlights, and anecdotes of filming the series

Excellent sources of vibrant fans hoping that this request comes to pass are:

<List the following forums/sites partaking in the letter campaign>

This is a small sample of fans, as many people on and offline are enthused. Please give this request serious consideration, and thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerely,

<Sign Your Name Here>

<Print Your Name Here>

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is really just a rough idea, but if no one objects, then it can be used as the official letter for our little movement here.

I have to ask for those that disagree with the campaign all together to please not reply in this thread. It is specifically designed in order to gather as much support as possible to accomplish one specific goal, and all others must be dismissed in order for it to achieve maximum effectiveness. Please only support if you have positive feedback, suggestions, questions, or just simply want to say "I'll do it."

... I kinda just decided to go ahead and post this cuz I was gettin' kinda antsy just waiting around for others to make up their mind, so don't expect me to have all the answers for you. This thread is an amalgum of a number of people's input.

So, if you're ready to support the movement, say aye.

Lates!

-Tristianity

Suit up!

Eye See You
Man,

I've signed about 50 of these damn things. Is there a point to even bother with this anymore?.

:ph34r:

Dull Brilliance
I'll continue to help however I can with these campaigns. The fandom won't be ignored forever. Besides I'll never truly be at ease knowing that a boxset for friggin' Danger Mouse and none for Power Rangers.

Life is showtime
For **** sake! Not another "We want Power Rangers box sets!" petition!

1. We're NEVER gonna get finished seasons released in Volumes or Box sets

2. I would personally request for a box set WORTH buying, unlike SPD. C'mon! It's the current season airing! We could use some CLASSIC PR Seasons on DVD! I think one day Super Sentai will finish, therefore Power Rangers will, and DVDs have a higher chance of coming out. Look at the Simpsons box sets, took em over 10 years to make a box set of the first series since it aired!

Dull Brilliance
Rider Knight said:
For **** sake! Not another "We want Power Rangers box sets!" petition!

1. We're NEVER gonna get finished seasons released in Volumes or Box sets

2. I would personally request for a box set WORTH buying, unlike SPD. C'mon! It's the current season airing! We could use some CLASSIC PR Seasons on DVD! I think one day Super Sentai will finish, therefore Power Rangers will, and DVDs have a higher chance of coming out. Look at the Simpsons box sets, took em over 10 years to make a box set of the first series since it aired!

1. I've been around too long and seen too much, to say "never" with anything concerning PR.

2. SPD ain't on my priority list either but being the current season. That makes it's materials more accessable to the folks at Disney that would actually put this set together. It's also the most marketable (next to the original MMPR) and thus one of the better options for getting Disney to test the waters with.

And considering that "The Simpisons" has been around for ten years before DVDs even existed that's not really a good example for any kind of point you were trying to make.

boogie woogie feng shui
Forever Knight said:
I've signed about 50 of these damn things. Is there a point to even bother with this anymore?.

No.

You've seen how well they work. People think that if a company thinks enough people are interested, they'll release something on a whim, but when it comes down to it, Disney doesn't give a ****, and doesn't care about the chump change they're going to collect by releasing PR DVD's to a nation of predominately people who don't care.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
To all of you I give a middle finger. Finally someone is trying to get the fandom organized to get something we want, through a campaign that works, i.e. ACTUAL letter writing, and all you can do is whine about it? You can take two seconds to fill out your name and address on a form letter and send it out.

boogie woogie feng shui
Because we know it's NOT going to work. This kind of thing has been done for years now and it doesn't do anything but annoy the companies.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
It's because Disney is a snob and flaming gay. Disney doesn't deserves to own Power Rangers.

BRING SABAN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: