Power Rangers Beast Morpher-talkback thread

S

scikaiju

Given the general excitement over the new era I figured a thread episode talkback was in order.

S

scikaiju

Caught the first episode, from a dailymotion link someone shared. And I thought it was enjoyable personally, the production values have definitely improved. While some of the lines seemed kinda clunky I thought the actors handled them well enough that it wasn't cringe worthy.. While it is just the first episode it did make me excited for the rest of the season

Despite the fact that the first half of the show opened up with a lot of tired cliches, I rather enjoyed the first episode once it got going. I would not mind seeing more.
I just need to finish watching the rest of Go-Busters first...

Lurker
It had so many references from the karate class and the father son talk on the limo ti that rita reference, shows a lot that power rangers is in good hands and that they do care about power rangers history, that's all I care about, and the love for this franchise shows, from this 1st episode!!

As long was we get the Black Puma Ranger, the Pink Cat Ranger, and the Green Hippo Ranger...I'll be okay

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, apparently they decided to keep the weaknesses from Gobusters, but rework them so they make slightly more sense & explain them as corruption from the virus. Red's cheetah DNA now makes him terrified of dogs & yellow's rabbit DNA forces her to eat tons of carrots in order to avoid crashing. No one's said anything about Blue's. With the Gorilla motif, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is deforestation or poaching. :D

I enjoyed episode 2! I like the Beast Bots, their voices (kind of similar to the Buddyroids), and the tweaked strengths/weaknesses from Go-Busters. Not sure if that will translate into civilian powers, but it's cool! And I'm glad they aren't calling the giant MOTW "Megazords".

But for now, that's as far as I can watch. :cool: I stopped watching Go-Busters after the first 3 or 5 episodes. I really need to binge watch it so I can fully appreciate the adaptation. But at least the direction of the original series isn't dictating the direction of Beast Morphers.

Red's cheetah DNA now makes him terrified of dogs & yellow's rabbit DNA forces her to eat tons of carrots in order to avoid crashing. No one's said anything about Blue's. With the Gorilla motif, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is deforestation or poaching. :D

What, you've never heard the phrase "going ape sh!t crazy"? :D
(Yes, I know, apes aren't gorillas... :oops: )

Also, carrots are way healthier than candy! Not only is that a positive message for the kiddies, probably better for the actor too, in case she accidentally swallows the carrot while filming. Actors like her have to train/exercise really hard to keep up their physiques. Eating a ton of candy isn't going to be very helpful.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, but it does suffer from issues.

First off, the dude they got to play this version of Enter sucks. He's basically Jared from Jungle Fury but with even less acting abilities.

Secondly, the weaknesses are stupid as a cheetah is a predator and would not get scared by a dog and eating carrots makes no sense to revitalize Zoey's energy. She should be eating candy like it was in Go-Busters.

Also, total missed opportunity to get Gary Chalk to voice the gorilla.

R

raden238

I'm guessing that Red being afraid of Chickens like in the original seemed a little too uncommon here in the United States. Not that many folks see live chickens everyday, so they had to pick a more common animal.

Yellow eating carrots is probably based off the rabbit energy aspect. Maybe having a Ranger being a low diabetic is just too mature for Western kiddies?

Here's a question I forgot to ask...

What's the theme/motif of this show?

I only saw the first 3 or 5 episodes of Go-Busters, but I'm pretty sure the motif of the show was spies/secret agents/special ops. But that doesn't seem to be the case here in Beast Morphers. Is it something else?
I'd say the motif is Humans VS Technology, but they are using technology to fight technology, so that doesn't quite fit...