Power Rangers 2012-2013 News Thread - Production on hold until 2012

Eye See You
It's called imagination, buddy. Saban can do whatever they please with Sentai and besides its also been said that the powers could have been used in the past. That is where Goranger-Battle Fever come in.

While a season 2 of said season would be unrealistic now ,unless prior season was ultra popular, reshooting entire amounts of American footage because there happens to be pre-Zyu Ranger teams seem fruitless and as expensive as seasons 2 and 3 of MMPR. Why waste tons of money excising the teams when you can just include them in the canon with easy write offs invented orginally by Saban for such a time. (Other Planet rangers and the past)

Saban and Disney have reshot footage in bigger amounts before for non anniversary seasons. No need to include unknown Ranger teams unless they want to go the Morphing Masters route (a group pre-MMPR).

Like I said, all of these back and forth is pointless. Saban WILL do it. If Samurai is pulling in sexy ratings now, imagine was a nostalgia season like Power Rangers Pecker Pirates can do. Plus have PR alumni return... dude, this is going to rock either way. Can you imagine seeing Tommy in a 2-parter, then Jason, then Adam, and then Dom...

I have full faith. My only worry is if the actors can actually ACT.

Lurker
Saban and Disney have reshot footage in bigger amounts before for non anniversary seasons. No need to include unknown Ranger teams unless they want to go the Morphing Masters route (a group pre-MMPR).

Like I said, all of these back and forth is pointless. Saban WILL do it. If Samurai is pulling in sexy ratings now, imagine was a nostalgia season like Power Rangers Pecker Pirates can do. Plus have PR alumni return... dude, this is going to rock either way. Can you imagine seeing Tommy in a 2-parter, then Jason, then Adam, and then Dom...

And here's my take upon this. How is Saban going to handle tributes of MMPR, Zeo, Turbo, In Space, & probably Dino Thunder? There are actors/actresses in which Steve Cardenas (Rocky), Catherine Sutherland (Katherine), Nakia Burrise (Tanya), Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam), Austin St, John (Jason), Tracy Lynn Cruz (Ashley), Roger Velasco (Carlos), Patricia Ja Lee (Cassie), Selwyn Ward (T.J.), & Jason David Frank (Tommy) all played as 2-3 different Power Rangers from those shows, especially Jason David Frank, in which he played as 4-5 different rangers throughout MMPR, Zeo, the 1st half of Turbo, & Dino Thunder.

Eye See You
Do what they did with "Forever Red".

Obviously it gets a bit tough with PRT-PRiS but that is still nothing to worry about. Tommy on the other hand... he should be the fucking Red Ranger for **** sakes!. I want that guy back and kicking everyone's ass.

You guys are making this out to be rocket science or something. Are you kidding me?.

Everyone has an opinion, you know. I have one. You should respect it.

Opinions bow down to facts. Pure and Simple. Did I disrespect your opinion? No. But did you disrespect other people's like of Samurai by impylting they are stupid? Yes.

I am simply stating what Keith says. While they in general do not care about tending to every fan's whim, they nonetheless do care about any input that doesn't border on being an outright hater.

I don't expect them to aim a Power Rangers season towards me nor should you unless they see the need and potential profit. Disney gave up by the 15th anniversary while Gokaiger's anniversary adaptation might premiere Fall 2013 for its 20th. They probalby have most likely seen a couple of the episodes and been in the know of Gokaiger for some time so they see the potential moneymaker when they see it .

But weren't the Morphing Masters a group of sages and not several groups of Rangers?

Just create a pseudo continuity, perhaps in comic form , that explains each team's story and just integrate them into the canon like that like what was done for Beast Wars II and Neo in the comics. Aim it towards kids per issue as a tie in with Gokaiger's adaptation and you don't need much more explanation.

Eye See You
No alternate cont. Keep it in one universe, that's what makes PR special.

I'd say go a route where where the Morphing Masters were original Power Rangers...use...the Changeman suits or something.

Dude, I think the fans could come up with some killer **** for that season.

Lurker
Opinions bow down to facts. Pure and Simple. Did I disrespect your opinion? No. But did you disrespect other people's like of Samurai by impylting they are stupid? Yes.

Please, point it out to me where I said or implied that they're stupid or anything of the sort. All I'm saying is that I don't want the adaptation of Gokaiger to be an exact copy of Gokaiger like Samurai being an exact copy of Shinkenger by adding in Goranger to Jetman as well as the core 5 Dairanger suits.

Last edited:
Banned
Because it mainly deals with a large number of unfamiliar rangers. Also it involves familiar/returning MOTD or Villains from the Ranger mythos that would potentially just muddle continuity. The whole thing, from PR's perspective, has the potential to be a nightmare for the continuity.

HAHAH dude are you trying to argue continuity in power rangers? OMG no way really? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

They are not going to skip any series no matter how much you or anyone else wants them too.

It doesn't take a writing genius to write in a plot for the non PR'ized teams. Here I can do it. All the teams never seen in a PR before are ranger teams from alternate dimensions.